Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Why am I getting red locks in XP11?

I'm sorry for asking but today I had to reinstall XP11, a new install.  So I installed the GTN750 and it works fine in my XP11 but why am I getting red locks?

Thanks you kind sirs.

fJAcf09.png

Jack Sawyer

Hi,

This is all explained in the RXP GTN User's Manual! Not many pages to turn either, it is close to the beginning.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

Hi,

This is all explained in the RXP GTN User's Manual! Not many pages to turn either, it is close to the beginning.

Thanks Jean-Luc, I'll read it but can you give me the short answer?  Sorry.

Jack Sawyer

There is no shorter answer than what is in the manual, which is, as shorter it is, still longer than both my messages.

In any case, it is worth opening and reading the manual in anticipation to the other questions you'll have over time. Really, this is quite complex an add-on with many hidden and cool features you'll discover only in the manual (did you know the volume and brightness in-device settings are functional with the RXP GTN?)

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 minute ago, RXP said:

There is no shorter answer than what is in the manual, which is, as shorter it is, still longer than both my messages.

In any case, it is worth opening and reading the manual in anticipation to the other questions you'll have over time. Really, this is quite complex an add-on with many hidden and cool features you'll discover only in the manual (did you know the volume and brightness in-device settings are functional with the RXP GTN?)

Yes, I knew all that, and I knew the answer once to the locks, but my memory is old.  I'll look at it and won't bother you again.

Jack Sawyer

9 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I'll look at it and won't bother you again.

you're never bothering, you're learning to get the most of the product, and I'm learning to better serve you!

On 5/1/2020 at 5:32 PM, RXP said:

you're never bothering, you're learning to get the most of the product, and I'm learning to better serve you!

Ok, I read through the entire manual, twice.  I see on page 17 where it talks about "Third Party Vendor Settings," I don't understand this.  It also shows a red lock icon in the manual in that section on "How to configure locked settings."  Do I need to mess with the ini file to UNlock it?

I had no red locks in all my planes in XP before it crashed and I had to reinstall all of it.  I wish I knew what I did to get the red locks unlocked.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

1. If you look closely at the bottom of your screenshot, what does it say?
  2. The manual is explaining the Settings Panel at page 5. What does it say about the icons?
  3. You've found a dedicated chapter about "Third party vendor settings"

Connecting all this together:

some of the settings are 'locked', this is indicated with a 'red icon', these settings are locked by a 3rd party, in this case 3rd party is the aircraft vendor.

13 minutes ago, RXP said:
  1. If you look closely at the bottom of your screenshot, what does it say?
  2. The manual is explaining the Settings Panel at page 5. What does it say about the icons?
  3. You've found a dedicated chapter about "Third party vendor settings"

Connecting all this together:

some of the settings are 'locked', this is indicated with a 'red icon', these settings are locked by a 3rd party, in this case 3rd party is the aircraft vendor.

I did not have the lock icon on this exact plane before XP crashed and I had to reinstall everything. 

Jack Sawyer

Maybe the 3rd party vendor has added these since. Can't be simpler than this.

Just now, RXP said:

Maybe the 3rd party vendor has added these since. Can't be simpler than this.

Added overnight? I installed the same plane and no updates.  So no, I don’t think so my friend.

Jack Sawyer

There is only one reason to have the red locks now and not before: the aircraft, when reinstalled, changed the locked= settings accordingly. This feature is included in the GTN product since day 1.

The question I'm wondering though, after all this: is this causing any problem using GTN in the aircraft?

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

There is only one reason to have the red locks now and not before: the aircraft, when reinstalled, changed the locked= settings accordingly. This feature is included in the GTN product since day 1.

The question I'm wondering though, after all this: is this causing any problem using GTN in the aircraft?

No I is not 

I simply want the GTN to drive the HSI like it did before

Jack Sawyer

8 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I simply want the GTN to drive the HSI like it did before

ok and is this setting disabled and locked?

Can't you just enable it? 

Is there actually an HSI in the PA28?

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

ok and is this setting disabled and locked?

Can't you just enable it? 

Is there actually an HSI in the PA28?

This setting is locked. Cannot enable.

It’s not an actual HSI, it’s the VOR indicator. 

To refresh/

1. XP crashed.

2. Used Acronis to restore.

3. The lock icons were not present in the pre-crash version.

4. The only thing that changed is as a Reality XP GPN update.

5. Since your update I have the locks.

i simply want it to drive the indicator like it does in P3D and as it did before the update.

Jack Sawyer