My brother will send me his old one if I pay shipping?

Is it worthwhile?

Currently using an old x52 to fly with.

Cheers.

spacer.png

Chris,

I would guess that it would depend on the shipping costs, as brand new they sell for about USD250.00.on Amazon

If it were me getting a deal like this I would most definitely google "hall effect sensors for saitek yoke" That should highlight a chap called Norman who makes these as replacements for the Potentiometers, and ships at very realistic prices. Combine that with a 35 USD leo Bodnar board (also on google) and you have more than a half decent yoke, and one which should last you for years Both products and installation are very well documented in youtube videos.

The other alternative (and this sounds impractical to you) is to consider a Honeycomb Alpha yoke, which by all accounts is very good.

With the mods outlined the Saitek is great value.

Regards

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Thanks Tony.

One wonders why if these mods are needed, doesnt cheapo Logitech change the product...but then I know the answer.

spacer.png

Chris,

I believe the answer lies in "cheapo" LOL It is, I believe, one of the cheapest, if not, the cheapest yoke on the market

I have Normans mod installed (it is great and very precise) and am saving up for the Leo Bodnar board, which I believe takes the detents away and gives the yoke a more realistic feel. 

Both mods well worth a google look.

Cheers mate

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

@Boomer, if you're prepared to hang on for a little while longer the Fulcrum One will be available. Hall effect sensors and a quality yoke with 8" of travel. Plenty of buttons too and 100% made in England. Read more here. The owner has a forum here on AvSim.

https://www.fulcrumsim.com/product/fulcrum-one-yoke/

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Money is tight and that looks expensive.

spacer.png

Chris,

The yoke is cheap but can be quite OK if you mod it.  I installed the Leo Bodnar board and did the rubber band mod - see YouTube - and I now have a yoke that is extremely precise and also has no detente at the centre of the pitch mod.  I’m not an engineer, but I found the instructions very easy to follow.  The Leo Bodnar board was about £26 and the usb cable and link cables were £5 again from Leo Bodnar website. The rubber bands were free!!  I like the look of the Fulcrum yoke but at @£450 it is out of my price range, and I find that the modded Saitek yoke is more than adequate.  I’m also a RW pilot and I like the way the  modded yoke works.  If you go for the nylon cable ties version of the rubber band mod you can decide what tension you want in the yoke too.  Hope this helps.

Kev

Kev

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Money is tight and that looks expensive.

Around 373GBP plus state taxes. I bet that's surprised you. Less than half the price of the Yoko.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather