Sign in to follow this  
vbazillio

P3D v5 HF1 Visual artefact around object's edges

Anyone has found a way to mitigate or reduce these visual artefacts on object's edges  when TrueSky is ON ? Though it was mentionned in a Rob McCarthy's post on LM forum as "to be fixed on the next hotfix" but didn't find anything in the release notes.

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Yes, it was raported on LM forum many time, before HT1 also.

No fix yet.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I could reduce it a bit on my PC with a Nvidea RTX in the control panel I've set Antialiasing - Transparency 8x (supersample). It's not gone but looks better.

• Like 1

PC: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4080 Super Aorus Master, DDR5 G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 2X32 GB, Corsair HX 1000, Fractal Torrent, Samsung LC32 / G7 1440P.

I noticed these visual artifacts while evaluating P3D v5 yesterday and I can't believe that LM let HF1 be released without addressing this. It's annoying! 

At least they fixed the blurry water in the distance or at least it's not something I notice on my monitor.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hi

Yep I can vouch for extrordinary blocky edges around planes - but only against the scenery background - not clouds. No AA settings seem to get rid of this. Airport buildings also have the same blockiness against background scenery. Didn't notice this in the release version.

ray

Here it specifically happens when the object is in front of the clouds. Like there is a scene sorting issue against the clouds, of what should be in front and behind. Makes it look like the AI plane is partially in the clouds even though the clouds are pretty far back.

Truesky Off on ground, TrueSky ON when airborne. That's how I handle it.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Hi Nemo,

So at the risk of sounding silly, I have to ask.. How does one turn on/off trueSKY? is it the Atmospheric (beta) check button?

1 minute ago, flybius said:

Hi Nemo,

So at the risk of sounding silly, I have to ask.. How does one turn on/off trueSKY? is it the Atmospheric (beta) check button?

Yes, that is the one.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Many thanks! I wasn't sure if it was in a config file setting, and the atmospheric (beta) button was something else. I wonder why LM didn't label it trueSKY...

So the WaterWorks 2.0 is simply enabled with pushing the detail slider to the right?