Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

x64\gameinputsvc.exe error eventview

Hi,

I am getting this error along with this report, 

anyone knows what it is ?

I have some issues with REX EF and Flytampa configurator so maybe someone knows ?

Navn på program med fejl: gameinputsvc.exe, version: 0.1911.19041.1124, tidsstempel: 0x36e91501
Navn på modul med fejl: gameinput.dll, version: 0.1911.19041.1124, tidsstempel: 0xb51f2cb2
Undtagelseskode: 0xc0000005
Forskydning med fejl 0x0000000000007e0b
Proces-id 0x1aec
Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01d6205dac5a084e
Programsti: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft GameInput\x64\gameinputsvc.exe
Modulsti: c:\windows\system32\gameinput.dll
Rapport-id: 0a895d48-0d5e-4169-8305-f245594de2f3
Fuldt navn på program med fejl: 
Relativt program-id for program med fejl: 

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hello,

What an unfortunate timing. I realized this morning the same error kept showing up. Apparently it is related to the Microsoft Gaming Services. I suspect one of the latter update to be faulty, but I am far from being proficient in this domain.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

2 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hello,

What an unfortunate timing. I realized this morning the same error kept showing up. Apparently it is related to the Microsoft Gaming Services. I suspect one of the latter update to be faulty, but I am far from being proficient in this domain.

Thanks , could be a w10 update that has caused this , 

Not sure what to do actually

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Opening my Appcrashview program which I have not done for a while, I realized this started to occur around 18th of April. I think this is around the date at which I updated all my raw Microsoft apps using the Microsoft Store update function.

All my other drivers are up-to-date (GPU, Mobo etc.) so I suspect this batch of update might have caused some trouble.

In the mean time I have ran anti-malware and antivirus scan to no avail.

For now, I have set the gameinputsvc.exe that is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft GameInput\x64 to run as admin. I think the risk involved here is limited.

So far it seems to have fixed the repetitive crash. The process is running as I type with a flight ongoing and it has not crashed nor caused any trouble at the moment.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

7 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

Opening my Appcrashview program which I have not done for a while, I realized this started to occur around 18th of April. I think this is around the date at which I updated all my raw Microsoft apps using the Microsoft Store update function.

All my other drivers are up-to-date (GPU, Mobo etc.) so I suspect this batch of update might have caused some trouble.

In the mean time I have ran anti-malware and antivirus scan to no avail.

For now, I have set the gameinputsvc.exe that is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft GameInput\x64 to run as admin. I think the risk involved here is limited.

So far it seems to have fixed the repetitive crash. The process is running as I type with a flight ongoing and it has not crashed nor caused any trouble at the moment.

Thanks

Mine is still crashing with administrator rights

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

You might want to try an sfc/ scannow and chkdsk too.

Guillaume

On 5/2/2020 at 2:20 PM, TopGun33 said:

You might want to try an sfc/ scannow and chkdsk too.

Yeah but no faults comming up , hmm 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

@Michael Moe It may not apply to you but this appeared today on a Microsoft forum about the same error that you have:

"Fortunately I found today the solution for me by searching in the event viewer. Two weeks ago I installed Age of Empires 2 from the Microsoft Store. Since then the "gameinput.dll" error appeared regularly in the event viewer.

During this period I experienced BSOD's occuring randomly within the first ten minutes after starting my pc. It had nothing to do with the flight simulator.

Today I checked also the updates page of the Microsoft Store that showed the need of a repair installation of AoE2.

After the reinstallation of AoE2 the "gameinput.dll" error disappeared from the event viewer."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-storewindows-update-and-sfc/8d99f7cf-7635-4ce9-ae4a-453ced1bf397?page=1 - bottom of the first page and on to the second.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit