Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

ENVSHADE in P3D v5

Since PTA is not supported, has anyone tried ENVSHADE in v5?

Does it enhance the water color especially in the Caribbean or other tropical destinations?

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

ENVSHADE has been updated and supports P3Dv5 now.

6 minutes ago, r0xbeat said:

ENVSHADE has been updated and supports P3Dv5 now.

I'm aware of compatibility.

I need some feedback on whether or not it improves the water colors.

Thanks.

Can I turn OFF HDR luminance adaptation effect for P3Dv5 here?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I'm aware of compatibility.

I need some feedback on whether or not it improves the water colors.

Thanks.

I even sent them a message 2 days ago but no respond up to now.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I already gave up on P3D v5 despite the much improved performance. Too many issues to sort out and I will definitely need a new video card. 8 gigs of vRAM is NOT enough. I needed to find out for myself.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DJJose said:

Since PTA is not supported, has anyone tried ENVSHADE in v5?

Does it enhance the water color especially in the Caribbean or other tropical destinations?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose...you can try another route for in-shore Caribbean...if you own REX Direct, you can change exactly that...and I imagine it will still change (for they are textures..) in-shore...coral,  reefs...etc.  Give that a go.  The only thing you'd need to do, is in place of the mask that shows REX Direct where you P3D4.x installation folder is...you'd now point that to your v5.x   I have already successfully injected 2D clouds, from my two REX cloud sky, and whatever programs.  It did not crash v5.x

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I already gave up on P3D v5 despite the much improved performance. Too many issues to sort out and I will definitely need a new video card. 8 gigs of vRAM is NOT enough. I needed to find out for myself.

Jose...I have only gone under the most extreme graphic demands on my 8GB card, to a VRAM consumption of 6.6/6.7 with no CTD, in either RTM or v5.24  That is over Detroit with Orbx Global, HD Trees, HD Buildings, and all three Graphics sliders at Extremely Dense.  Shadows were 100/80 on the sliders.  Water was Ultra...with four sub masks clicked on.  HDR on,  Dynamic Lights set to Medium.  Your 8GB should work?!?!?!  BTW, all of that...18-30 FPS, depending on my outside panning...right around KDTW, near I-94 it is deadly packed for Global autogen/ HD Trees, HD Buildings. in that area. That is always my 'test bed' for setting my sliders up (all of 'em) for a new build.  I fly over it...I drive in real life upon it....deadly, congested, in Life as well as Virtual! 😉

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Jose...I have only gone under the most extreme graphic demands on my 8GB card, to a VRAM consumption of 6.6/6.7 with no CTD, in either RTM or v5.24  That is over Detroit with Orbx Global, HD Trees, HD Buildings, and all three Graphics sliders at Extremely Dense.  Shadows were 100/80 on the sliders.  Water was Ultra...with four sub masks clicked on.  HDR on,  Dynamic Lights set to Medium.  Your 8GB should work?!?!?!  BTW, all of that...18-30 FPS, depending on my outside panning...right around KDTW, near I-94 it is deadly packed for Global autogen/ HD Trees, HD Buildings. in that area. That is always my 'test bed' for setting my sliders up (all of 'em) for a new build.  I fly over it...I drive in real life upon it....deadly, congested, in Life as well as Virtual! 😉

FPS were excellent in London. With P3D v4.5 I'm in the teens, so v5 is worth it just for performance upgrade. However, there are too many airports that need updating and issues that will not be resolved without updates from LM & update to many of my add-ons.

I had two vRAM CTDs with the hung error at FT KLAS & TE London and that was using the L-39.

I don't like the washed out look of v5. In some areas it was beautiful but in some not so good. 3d night lighting is awful even with FTXG. That is a sim stopper for me.

I also did not like the way my yoke performed. Inputs for elevator & ailerons as well as panning were not no where near as smooth as in v4.5.

No EZDOK, so the airplane felt lifeless. (Needed to pay for an upgrade.)

I might revisit v5 in a few months, but right now P3D v4.5 is the best sim I've ever own and hands down the most beautiful.

Enjoy v5.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paulo Morais said:

Does any one knows if it work with v5 hf1? 

run the envupdater and you will the new version

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

One question for Envshade: I'm missing PTA. Not so because of the colours but because of the its ambient and diffuse lighting models for the sun and the moon.

Is this also possible in Envshade?

Thx,

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

On 5/2/2020 at 1:13 PM, GSalden said:

I even sent them a message 2 days ago but no respond up to now.

Sorry Gerard, I took a quick break after the last two crazy weeks we had. I've answered your mail 😉

23 hours ago, kaha said:

One question for Envshade: I'm missing PTA. Not so because of the colours but because of the its ambient and diffuse lighting models for the sun and the moon.

Is this also possible in Envshade?

Thx,

Karl

This is also tweaked in Envshade but it's less customizable, Envshade philosophy is quite different from PTA and is supposed to work "out of the box". Some settings are available to adjust the essential tweaks but due to the complexity of the dynamic tweaks, most of them are not opened to any user input.

• Like 1

Maxime
TOGA projects

Ok, thx.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

As I see, no official support yet v5. I'll wait for this.

Only:

2 supported simulators

• Prepar3D v4 (v4.1 and higher)

• Prepar3D v3 (v3.4 only)

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

7 minutes ago, YoYo said:

As I see, no official support yet v5. I'll wait for this.

Only:

2 supported simulators

• Prepar3D v4 (v4.1 and higher)

• Prepar3D v3 (v3.4 only)

https://www.togaprojects.com/post/envshade-is-now-v5-ready

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato