Sign in to follow this  
aljones

p3dV5 default plane vram usage vs pmdg B777

I very much like p3d V5 HF1 so far,I am contemplating purchasing the B777 from PMDG when ready, what I would like to know is how much more vram  can I expect from a default plane like say the F-35a ?

For instance at Latinvfr KMIA at startup, exterior view towards the airport, the F-35a and airport consume 6.0 gb of ram, the Real Air Beach Duke Turbine 6.2... I do not want to spend over $130 for the plane if I have to reduce sliders too much to save ram on my EVGA 1070sc 8 gb ..

thanks in advance

Alain from Montreal

Edited by aljones

Well I think its impossible to say until such time as the v5 version of the 777 is released.  I can tell you I loaded in the original NGX and my VRAM was 3.4.  This was at FSDT Vancouver with ORBX Pacific Northwest.  I suspect the 777 will be in that range but who is to say.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Mark, when you load a default plane at the same spot, is your vram lower ?

33 minutes ago, aljones said:

I very much like p3d V5 HF1 so far,I am contemplating purchasing the B777 from PMDG when ready, what I would like to know is how much more vram  can I expect from a default plane like say the F-35a ?

For instance at Latinvfr KMIA at startup, exterior view towards the airport, the F-35a and airport consume 6.0 gb of ram, the Real Air Beach Duke Turbine 6.2... I do not want to spend over $130 for the plane if I have to reduce sliders too much to save ram on my EVGA 1070sc 8 gb ..

thanks in advance

Alain from Montreal

6gb with default F35...? That's a lot for HF1 I would say.....I pointed 787 and flying since morning and I haven't crossed 3.1 GB...and FT CYYZ and FSDT CYVR, with all ORBX products loaded... Few test flights obviously without weather......

Alex 

11 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

6gb with default F35...? That's a lot for HF1 I would say.....I pointed 787 and flying since morning and I haven't crossed 3.1 GB...and FT CYYZ and FSDT CYVR, with all ORBX products loaded... Few test flights obviously without weather......

latinvfr KMIA is really hard VRAM consumer, as well as LEMD and KFLL. I need to limit the textures resolution to 1024 in order to keep them under 8gb (same settings in other location no more than 6gb)

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

This is at KMIA, my test airport, elsewhere like CYUL it is 3.0 lol

For me so far hardest is FT CYYZ....with V5 locked at 30 FPS I am down to 25...which is huge improvement from 14-16 with V4....However...with this new Sim, all scenery (payware) is too bright...to much light, not sure how to adjust contrast to get better look. But what I like is smoothness...

Alex 

I find it strange that i get OOM at FT KLAS in the QW787 with VRAM at 6.8GB /9.2 ?

Only Cockpit view

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

I find it strange that i get OOM at FT KLAS in the QW787 with VRAM at 6.8GB /9.2 ?

Only Cockpit view

Michael Moe

It’s a non compatible plane. So i would be looking there first 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 minutes ago, micstatic said:

It’s a non compatible plane. So i would be looking there first 

Yeah , properly some memory leak,

Just tested at FT KBOS with it around 5.5GB with Dynamic Lights on ,4K/2048, wow it looks good . Also seems that DL is less stressfull to GPU with DX 12 . GPU at 50% at the gate with all lights on

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

It has more to due with that version of LVFR KMIA. I saw the Same thing at just that airport. Over 6GB of VRAM on the ground in a Carenado C337. It's the airport. I will play around with the airport config setting after I get through moving my Orbx library off my C drive.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

I flew the NGXu from KSFO to KSEA with orbx PNW and NorCal and never exceeded 6 gig at 4096 resolution.  But the moment I went to LVFR KMIA it immeadietly crashed with OOM.  So I have reduced down to 1024 and now at KMIA it stays max around 6.6

I'm using a 2080ti.

Sean Green

Why are users judging V5 when using none compatible products, still I suspect the same will happen with MSFS " I have the 747-400 pmg in MSFS it only CTD twice lets hope Asobo sort this out" 

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

55 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Why are users judging V5 when using none compatible products, still I suspect the same will happen with MSFS " I have the 747-400 pmg in MSFS it only CTD twice lets hope Asobo sort this out" 

I am not judging, just testing. Even scenerys labeled v5 compatibel is a handfull. 

No blame here 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

7 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

I flew the NGXu from KSFO to KSEA with orbx PNW and NorCal and never exceeded 6 gig at 4096 resolution.  But the moment I went to LVFR KMIA it immeadietly crashed with OOM.  So I have reduced down to 1024 and now at KMIA it stays max around 6.6

I'm using a 2080ti.

I also have some issues regarding the Legacy and the GTN750 updated above 1024 textures. Tried out at FTX TE NL with FT EHAM and it crashes at 5.8gb VRAM.  1080ti here

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png