Sign in to follow this  
YMMB

Blue colour to bright metal surfaces.

Good Morning,

I have the latest version of the Falcon v2.0B and the hot fix for P3Dv5 installed.

The wing leading edges and engine cowlings metal have a blue colour and when I turn off Dynamic Refelctions in the Lighting Menu of the Graphics tab this solves the problem and all metal surfaces have the bright refelctive chrome finish.

Just wondering if this is a known issue with P3Dv5 as I seem to remember that in P3Dv4.x you actually had to turn on this setting ON o achieve the highly polished metal reflection look.

This also occurs for the Lear.

EDIT: I've deleted the Shaders folder twice and the P3dv5 config file allowing rebilds and rebooting my pc and don't have any mods of any type installed with only ORBX scenery as only addon third party scenery.

Regards

YMMB

Edited by YMMB

PBR rendering of metal surface as been updated in V5.

Needs a model update according to "authorized" developpers 😞

Gérard

I also see this blue effect in P3Dv4.5 (with dynamic reflections on).  Is it the sky..?

Ariel

29 minutes ago, Ariel said:

I also see this blue effect in P3Dv4.5 (with dynamic reflections on).  Is it the sky..?

Ariel

FSW looked at that and it initially does seem the blue is a reflection of the sky, but is somewhat of an 'over reaction' in P3Dv5HF1 (if you zoom way in and slew the plane so you can see on the bottom side, it does look like chrome). So I don't expect any changes by FSW right away because Lockheed Martin might make some changes in the next Hot Fix. 

Al

Edited by ark