Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

PMDG and P3D V5 compatibility update (03 May) by RR

I had the exact same idea as @JoeFackel when I opened this thread and read the replies. Whether it's justified or not, can we have at least one thread about PMDG airplanes which doesn't get rolled over with rants and complaints about everything they do or ever did? There's certainly some truth to some of the points but this is getting out of hand.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So you never posted about how disappointed people will be?

Man, thats just plain common sense that MSFS won't look like the PR videos from ASOBO on Joe Average's Sim-PC. Have YOU seen videos with MSFS "offline mode"? I have seen it, looks "slightly" different. An taking a look on your system specs i can guarantee you some disillusion.  

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

54 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It was somewhat cruel to even mention the MD11 in his post. It made a few people think that something was in the works until he shot that theory down a few hours later :dry:

Bottom line is that there is no profit in the MD-11, so it will never be made, as long as we're aware of that i guess we won't be disappointed. But yeah still a bit cruel.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I had the exact same idea as @JoeFackel when I opened this thread and read the replies. Whether it's justified or not, can we have at least one thread about PMDG airplanes which doesn't get rolled over with rants and complaints about everything they do or ever did? There's certainly some truth to some of the points but this is getting out of hand.

You can put people on ignore. 

As they say over there: "good things make you wait"

I prefer to wait for a stable and well-worked update than something done just to get out of trouble and say that it is already compatible with the P3D V5, which promises a lot but that its much-publicized output took one step behind the previous version in terms of stability it means.

Not all developers communicate as detailed as PMDG about the steps they are taking, at least that's the feeling they generate.

It is easy to understand that they could have had a release schedule but just look at everything that has happened with P3D V5 in just 2 weeks. That at the level of development and correction of errors is a brake.

In particular, I am still waiting for the updates in due course and well debugged at the same time that LM does the same with the V5.

Health for all ....

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

You can put people on ignore. 

I'm not going to put people on ignore over one or two comments they made, especially since I just said there's probably truth to some of the comments and everyone's free to have their opinion. That's not how it works.

What I posted is a friendly request to people that we perhaps don't need to go over the same things every time PMDG is mentioned.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

48 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Man, thats just plain common sense that MSFS won't look like the PR videos from ASOBO on Joe Average's Sim-PC. Have YOU seen videos with MSFS "offline mode"? I have seen it, looks "slightly" different. An taking a look on your system specs i can guarantee you some disillusion.  

That's true... I do recall a few years ago a certain MS Flight.... Everybody was so excited about it and there was so much hype and marketing about it.... but.... Well, we all saw how that turned out. 😄

If MSFS 2020 succeeds, than good on it and jolly good show Asobo, well done but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a mega-flop.

Edited by FlyingBubbles

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

A lot of online games works best, well, online...

Didn't you see the MSFS required specs? It says 5 Mbps minimum. The fact that offline mode doesn't look as good as online mode shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's not exactly a secret that MSFS uses online streaming for the scenery.

If you don't like the whole online thing, that's perfectly fine, just use something else then. But your argument is really unfair. It's like saying that Prepar3d doesn't look as good if you remove the graphics card or harddrive. Also, no matter how bad MSFS looks in offline mode, even without any previously downloaded scenery cache, it can't look much worse than the Prepar3d default scenery.

Edited by NickBo

Guys, I cant believe some of the harsh words towards PMDG. They have doe ALOT for this community over the years. many of you are young and green- but that doesnt give you a pass. 

PMDg have set the bar in this indusry. If it werent for them, developers like aerosoft, CS with their half-baked beta release, never finished products would be the stuff we would be flying. 

Now knock it off and appreciate the qulaity and commitment they put into the products. 

• Upvote 1

Peter Osborn

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I love your assumptions and they keep coming.

When the RTX 30xx come out I will order new PC for P3D v5 and MSFS, my PC spec will be 9900@ 5+, RTX 3080, 32GB of  3600 ram,2x M. etc.

Am still disillusioned am I.

And unlike you I will give MSFS a try before i condemn it. and even if it does turn out bad, the new PC should be ok for p3D v5, am not narrow mined and open to most sim's and I will try both, I could even run both shock horror, i run DCS as well.....O no! 

P3d is not a religion at the cost off all else.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

deleted

Edited by Samaritano

I find all these comments quite funny. I dont know whats left out there if we didnt have PMDG if even FSLABS. I am just as anxious as anyone to fly my aircrafts that for sure. You have options to stick with P3Dv4,5 HF1, why are we bashing PMDG for? it isnt like you cant fly it at all, use your options. MD11, man....... I dream to fly it....unfortunately. Its too bad there is no one else to develop it like FSLABS/PMDG. But.......I am grateful we have them and bashing PMDG is absolutely ridiculous. Here my take.....If PMDG just press a few buttons and send it out..You will complain because of the bug...If they emphasize quality quality quality you guys still complain. It makes no different. 

I rarely type this much.

Enjoy your sims whether P3d or xplane. Good Luck Happy flying.

• Upvote 2

I don't see it as bashing PMDG. People are just voicing what many people feel about them. Myself included. As I know exactly who they are referring to on their forum who has now left. As mentioned RSR does like to wax lyrical about how great his products are which again is fine. They are not a charity, they are a business and as such should support their customers and are not immune from critic. I have been a long time customer of theirs and have most of their Aircraft. In my opinion they used to lead the pack in producing the best airliners in flightsim and as such had an arrogance about them (which i think is still there, to some degree). Now however with FSLABS and MadogX they have been overtaken and surpassed in quality and features. They no longer are the leaders, as that title has been taken by FSLABS and Fly the Madog. It will be interesting to see if they can catch back up. But healthy competition can only be good for us all. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, nawarren said:

I don't see it as bashing PMDG. People are just voicing what many people feel about them. Myself included. As I know exactly who they are referring to on their forum who has now left. As mentioned RSR does like to wax lyrical about how great his products are which again is fine. They are not a charity, they are a business and as such should support their customers and are not immune from critic. I have been a long time customer of theirs and have most of their Aircraft. In my opinion they used to lead the pack in producing the best airliners in flightsim and as such had an arrogance about them (which i think is still there, to some degree). Now however with FSLABS and MadogX they have been overtaken and surpassed in quality and features. They no longer are the leaders, as that title has been taken by FSLABS and Fly the Madog. It will be interesting to see if they can catch back up. But healthy competition can only be good for us all. 

I totally agree with this.    

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Because then it wouldn't be called a sale...

Oh really, well never knew. I am forever grateful to you for pointing that out. In fact, I am doing cart wheels. Your insight is much appreciated. Here is me thinking you mis understood.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.