Sign in to follow this  
Sabretooth78

Cabin Release

Is there a possibility of making the FO's initial request of "would you like to release the cabin?" a configuration option?  Possible choices being say "10000 feet", "at cruise", or "Off".

My reasoning is that I typically fly SWA flights when I'm using the NGXu, and from my experience they don't turn off the seat belt signs until reaching cruise - so I'm always saying "no" when he asks around 10000 feet and then kind of feel bad for him when he replies with his rather sheepish "ok" lol.  I do usually reply "yes" when he asks again within 1000 feet of cruise, unless I'm in turbulence or some other condition which would preclude turning the signs off.

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

And what about those that fly the NGXu in non-US air skies? Do they have to fall in line with US users? Bit much.

I am happy as it is.

I agree with Sabretooth78, would be nice.

As to it being "a bit much" - what's wrong with it being a configutation option as he stated?  My gosh people look for any reason to pile on.

• Upvote 1

Joe Lorenc

5 minutes ago, Joe L said:

I agree with Sabretooth78, would be nice.

As to it being "a bit much" - what's wrong with it being a configutation option as he stated?  My gosh people look for any reason to pile on.

Yeah, while you are it let's configure the shooting match for every Tom, Dick and Harry's personal whims, why don't we!

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Yeah, while you are it let's configure the shooting match for every Tom, Dick and Harry's personal whims, why don't we!

Please lighten up.  Your reaction is a bit much, as if I made a personal attack against you.  It's an honest question directed to the developer.

I'm sure there are many airlines worldwide where that would be a reasonable option to go along with the several other SOP-specific options that are already present in this and the other FS2Crew products.

If the developer doesn't see reason to add it, then so be it.  I can continue saying "no" at 10,000 feet without becoming indignant.  It's their prerogative, not yours.

Edited by Sabretooth78

Christopher Sargeant | Worldwide Virtual WW2464

Spoiler

Sim PC Specs: i7-11700F @ 2.5 Ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB | 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM | Windows 11 Pro | P3D v5.3 hf2 | MSFS | TrackIR 5

14 minutes ago, Sabretooth78 said:

Please lighten up.  Your reaction is a bit much, as if I made a personal attack against you.  It's an honest question directed to the developer.

I'm sure there are many airlines worldwide where that would be a reasonable option to go along with the several other SOP-specific options that are already present in this and the other FS2Crew products.

If the developer doesn't see reason to add it, then so be it.  I can continue saying "no" at 10,000 feet without becoming indignant.  It's their prerogative, not yours.

I am more than fully aware it is not directed at me, et al, etc, etc, but I have lost count of the number of posts to Bryan York, 'can we have this, can you change that, I think this would be a jolly good idea, etc, etc' Just where does the endless stream stop? I have been using FS2Crew products since FS2004 days, and have never had any problems with what Bryan and team produce.

At the end of the day, FS2Crew are trying to reach out to a far wider market out there rather than selective markets.

End of subject as far as I am concerned. Go ahead and bombard Bryan for all I care !!

All right break it up, break it up 🙂  🙂

Looking at the code, it shouldn't be too hard to add a new config option for the Release the Cabin, at least in SOP 1 and 2.  

We'll consider it for a future update.

Cheers,

Edited by byork
  • Like 3