Sign in to follow this  
Adam_WMids_UK

VOX Hangs when initialising

29 minutes ago, vadriver said:

is that P3D453 ....??

Yep P3Dv4.5 HF3... but it was doing it on HF2 also. I had HF2 for ages with no issues. I didn't bother with HF3 or sim director as I don't use VR which was what the majority of the updates were for.

Then when I started getting this hanging during initialisation on HF2, I figured installing HF3 with the content and scenery too might default something and fix it, but it didn't help.

Cheers

Adam

I did edit the above, but my edit didn't save. Now I don't have an edit option either...

" I didn't bother with HF3 or sim director as I don't use VR which was what the majority of the updates were for."

SHOULD have read...

"I didn't bother with HF3 as I don't use VR or sim director which were what the majority of the updates were for."

Regards

Adam

Edited by Adam_WMids_UK

23 hours ago, Adam_WMids_UK said:

installing HF3 with the content and scenery

adam

jay often reflects on "scenery quirks" using vox ..... sounds good advice,

my thoughts are to rollback your updates of P3DV4 (whichever) scenery & (perhaps) content.

i.m more than happy with P3D452 on W754 & no updates of P3D4 (scenery) since the first day

sounds lateral but then ................... 

for now, cheers

john martin

9 hours ago, vadriver said:

my thoughts are to rollback your updates of P3DV4 (whichever) scenery & (perhaps) content.

Cheers for the advice. That was my initial thinking too - I uninstalled all scenery changes. This started months after I'd installed HF2 (shortly after it was released). Everything had worked fine for ages until then. I only installed HF3 to see if something had changed in the default scenery, knowing that HF3 would default it again. I'd already tried removing any added scenery in HF2 at that point. That is what got me thinking it must be something different.

Problem is that uninstallers don't always return everything back to its pre-install state. I suspect if I completely killed my sim, scoured my appdata, program data and windows registry for anything sim related, and then reinstalled the lot, it would probably fix it. I'm just not sure I can be bothered with all that!

Cheers

Adam

Thanks vadriver!

Sorry about the slow response... despite setting notifications as on, AVSIM doesn't notify me! I should probably check the email address it is sending to!

I HAVE actually had the problem you linked to in the past too and sorted it by removing duplicate scenery references as discussed in that thread. This is different though - it isn't the indexer which is hanging - that is working fine (or at least doesn't report any errors!).

The problem I'm having is a hang when I click the green 'Enable' button on the ATC Prompt window in the sim. After the "test" messages are spoken for each voice, it opens the flight plan trainer window in the background and hangs. If I close the window having added a blank text file to the appdata directory for VOX the initialisation completes and VOX runs fine. Not sure why!

Thanks for the time you took to search for me - when I tried I couldn't find this issue anybody else had had!

Regards

Adam