Sign in to follow this  
ark

P3Dv5HF1 and Strange Window Mode Menu Flicker

Every few seconds with P3Dv5HF1 when in Window Mode some of the labels ( World, Options, Views, Tools, etc) in the menu bar flicker as if the menu bar display is being updated. I see this even just sitting on the runway with both default and payware aircraft, and the sim/aircraft display itself does not flicker in any way. I can't seem to find any settings that make a difference as far as this menu flickering is concerned. This does not happen in P3Dv4.5HF3.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas what the cause might be?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

Same here.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

The flickering of the menu was already there before the handler.
I wonder that no one has noticed yet.
Thought that would be fixed with the HF, that annoys me immensely.

Greetings Karl
Edited by holliwutt

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

1 hour ago, Seat* said:

Same here.

/Thomas

Thomas and Karl -- Thanks for letting me know it's not unique to my system. I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out what was going on -- you have saved the last two hairs on my head!  😉  I did not install P3Dv5 until HF1 was out, so didn't realize it has been an on-going problem.

Al

Edited by ark

It seems the menu flickering is not random, but happens periodically about every 11.6 seconds or so, at least on my system (likely a function of computer clock speed).  I don't know what to relate that time interval to, however.

Al

Edited by ark

I've now determined the menu flicker rate is proportional to FPS. 

When I have FPS locked at 30 in the sim I get the flicker about every 11.6 seconds. If I lock the FPS at 60 and use a default a/c so I can get about 60 FPS on average, the menu flickers about every  5.7 seconds. If I lock the FPS at 15, the menu flickers about every 22.8 seconds.

So double the FPS and the flicker rate doubles; half the FPS and the flicker rate is half.

I have VSYNC and TB off.

Al

Edited by ark

Report it on the P3D forums if you want it fixed. 

Eric 

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

Report it on the P3D forums if you want it fixed. 

Will do that, thanks.

Al

EDIT:  Lockheed Martin reports they are aware and are working on the problem.

Edited by ark