Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

Do Not Understand SODE Stuff?????

I am totally clueless in SODE gimmick. Does anybody know SODE stuff please??  I have version 1.64 and all new payware sceneries ask me to install 1.65.  If I do it, will it overwrite previous version or do I have to uninstall older version first before installing  version 1.65 please?? Will it screw up all existing payware sceneries that I have in pc that are still using SODE 1.64?

Thanks

signCopy.jpg

I am not much of a SODE expert either but I had problems until I installed version 1.6.8. I think that is the latest version.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

27 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

I am not much of a SODE expert either but I had problems until I installed version 1.6.8. I think that is the latest version.

Sorry if I forgot to mention which flight sim.  I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.  Your version is for P3D.  1.65 is latest for FSX.

signCopy.jpg

24 minutes ago, Aharon said:

Sorry if I forgot to mention which flight sim.  I am using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2.  Your version is for P3D.  1.65 is latest for FSX.

Got it, yeah I haven’t used FSX for quite a while so I wasn’t aware they were on a different version from P3d v4 and v5.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

There isn’t. Newer versions may have changed only for newer simulators,  but there is only one version - running an older one may cause issues if you need support because step one will be to ensure you are on the latest.

cheers

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

I must have three to four SODE installations in my sim and I don't have clue what it does. So relax and fly. 

18 hours ago, Aharon said:

I am totally clueless in SODE gimmick.

You are not alone! As well as having to update it fairly regularly, I occasionally get a warning message that there are 2 SODE processes active. I never know why that happens but when it does I generally just open my Process Explorer, find an active SODE process, ‘kill’ it and hope for the best! It’s all a bit mysterious though!

Bill

Thanks all for kind answers and for amusing answers  🙂

@scianoir  I think you are running two SODE programs at same time.  It happens when you install two SODES to two different directory folder locations.

luke, you look very familiar.  Are you famous regular on Vatsim forums???

Regards,

Aharon

Edited by Aharon
  • Upvote 1

signCopy.jpg

8 hours ago, Nurmblitz said:

I must have three to four SODE installations in my sim and I don't have clue what it does. So relax and fly. 

@Nurmblitz,

SODE software activates animations of airport sceneries. For example, you use SODE to open or close cargo hangar doors or to order deicing trucks to drive to your plane to spray deice on the plane.

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

GSX does that through SODE. 🙂 It's really one of the best bits of freeware you can get.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

3 hours ago, Aharon said:

I think you are running two SODE programs at same time.  It happens when you install two SODES to two different directory folder locations.

Thanks - will check that out! Didn’t even know I had done that 🤣🤣🤣!

Bill

Actually the FTX manager has a SODE updater! The multiple processes must be due to different installers from different developers. 

Found three SODE installations in my FSX. Also very irritating way to tell that it is not functioning, massive red crosses on the jetways. 

• Like 1