Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

PKSim Bogota Installation issue - default buildings showing

Hi,

I purchased SKBO last fall and installed it into P3Dv4.4. I could never get the install right. It looks like it has a single scenery folder, and doesn't appear to install any file outside of the scenery folder. I gave it the highest layer number in the library, but no matter what I do, I get default buildings bleeding through the scenery (terminal and ancillary buildings). I am using ORBX global, but not terrain (or whatever they call those products).

Now, I have a new system and I installed it into v4.5HF2, and I still get the same issues - new install and new system with a lot less loaded than the bloated install I had on the old rig. It actually looks worse now with only some elements of the PKSim product showing (parts of the terminal, for example. I cannot figure out how to solve this. The installer doesn't let you place it in a separate folder, so you have to go with the default install - P3D\Addon Scenery\PKSIM Bogota. Not idea, but the installation should be super straightforward.

I also can't find other complaints about this issue.

Any ideas what is going on here or how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Wow. this really got bumped down quickly.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

there is a new installer for both v4.5 and v5.

https://www.pksimulations.com/users/index.php

you can create your user account and you will find all the latest installers available.

I have both versions working perfectly fine, they have also updated SKCG for v5.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 minute ago, ttbq1 said:

there is a new installer for both v4.5 and v5.

https://www.pksimulations.com/users/index.php

you can create your user account and you will find all the latest installers available.

I have both versions working perfectly fine, they have also updated SKCG for v5.

Thanks. I'll try another reinstall.

I think the best place to start would be to try search for the ICAO code in your flight simulator folder and wherever you have other scenery.. Look for duplicate AFCAD files with the same ICAO that are not from PKSim, to see if they might conflicting and just change the bgl files from .bgl to .off

Best of luck!

• Like 1