Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Alaska Hangar

I am kinda confused about this one:

Some photos show the Alaska hangar at KSEA in blue colour and some show it white...which colour is it actually at this moment in real life, blue or white?...

Below I have attached some images depicting where its white and then blue.

This first image is a footage of how it appears to be modelled in the MFS2020: clearly from above the hangar is white.

cleIKsx.jpg

These two following real life photos show clearly a blue Alaska hangar at KSEA...again...which colour is it at the moment in real life?...if it is blue...then I guess the developers will have to correct that...unless I am wrong of course.

r9WSIux.jpg

9ZjKjqW.jpg

That's a pretty old shot, so probably still a work in progress. 

• Upvote 1

Go on Google maps and check it there, it's blue.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Wow, I was looking at that first image and couldn't find a thing that shows it to be computer generated. At first I thought it was real world, but then the Cessna registration gave it away.

This is stunning.

• Like 2

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Well, I guess it's not one of the 80 detailed airports. That's all. It's still better than anything out there. Even better than the already decent Community Gateway approach of XP, as the buldings are placed adequately by hand instead of using library objects or very limited facades. Anyhow, this is why addon devs will still have their opportunities in the new sim.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

As Tweekz mentioned, it's a generic infrastructure in the Airport. These are easily improved with custom 3D objects...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

The Hangar behind it might have the Delta logo on it, very hard to tell.

AAkpiXW.png

Google Maps 3d for comaprison

ol3QaYo.png

So they so there are non-generic details there. Maybe they weren't allowed to use the Alaska Logo. or as I said above, the scenery was incomplete when that footage was taken.

Or maybe the Delta hangar is photogammery and not a scenery building.

Edit:

Here is how it looks in Windows Maps app, notice the blue stripes? They are there in the MSFS image. So they based it (or are using) outdated Bing Photogammery.

cJAsLKY.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

The Hangar behind it might have the Delta logo on it, very hard to tell.

AAkpiXW.png

Google Maps 3d for comaprison

ol3QaYo.png

So they so there are non-generic details there. Maybe they weren't allowed to use the Alaska Logo. or as I said above, the scenery was incomplete when that footage was taken.

True, the details on the hangar look a bit too accurate to be generic.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

You are right, the surrounding scenery is photogrammetry from Bing so these buildings could be as well.. Yet if they are, they probably had to retouch and close the "Detta" hangar... 

Also, the screen comes from the time when many of the airports we saw in the early videos did not have a polygon based layout yet, it's the aerial imagery we see here I suppose.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

TL;DR Bing kinda sucks lol.

Edit: Relatively speaking. Its well known that Bing very much out of date compared to Google Maps. Where I live, for instance, we recently built a horse race track and it is already represented in Google Maps but the land hasn't even been cleared in Bing Maps. I do hope the added attention the sim might bring to Bing will push MS to get things up to date faster. I know the sim probably wont be what pushes them to do it but one can dream.

Edited by Krakin

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

18 minutes ago, Krakin said:

TL;DR Bing kinda sucks lol.

Edit: Relatively speaking. Its well known that Bing very much out of date compared to Google Maps. Where I live, for instance, we recently built a horse race track and it is already represented in Google Maps but the land hasn't even been cleared in Bing Maps. I do hope the added attention the sim might bring to Bing will push MS to get thing up to date faster. I know the sim probably wont be what pushes them to do it but one can dream.

I really doubt the sim itself would change Bing's plans. My hope is Microsoft having big plans for the future that will include Bing being updated and improved. As we know, any updates on Bing would become available on the sim, so we would be granted with those collaterally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Its well known that Bing very much out of date compared to Google Maps.

Not everywhere. There are some places where Bing is newer than Google, like San Fransisco. Or at least the satellite imagery around the airport is newer.

Edited by Tuskin38

Why do I have a feeling this hangar is going to become popular and make some kind of appearance in one of the MS Thursday updates?

On 5/4/2020 at 9:32 AM, ca_metal said:

I really doubt the sim itself would change Bing's plans. My hope is Microsoft having big plans for the future that will include Bing being updated and improved. As we know, any updates on Bing would become available on the sim, so we would be granted with those collaterally.

Thanks fort reminding me what I already said I guess lol

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, Krakin said:

Thanks fort reminding me what I already said I guess lol

Don't get me wrong. LOL

I was just agreeing with you and saying that there's still hope that Microsoft, for other reasons, could invest more on Bing. And in that case we would get the benefits of it.

• Like 1