Sign in to follow this  
Ither

Walker Air Transport Virtual Airline

header.png

Hi there!

I think some of you (maybe) know me from all the Reality XP GTN integrations I've done for the community. I appreciate your support and I wanted to share some exciting news! After some grueling time coding I have officially opened my own Virtual Airline that is based off my childhood dream of operating a transportation company named 'Walker Air Transport'. It's been quite the journey and at least over the past year I've had so many messages and asks around social media about how to get my liveries or be part of the brand. It was refreshing and exciting to see others excited in my brand -- just so you know the avatar/logo of my virtual airline is actually me. I work in IT and I traveled a lot (until recently as my role shifted) so my logo became me in the airport, with a backpack, and a ball cap which is how I always travel (comfort!). Fast forward to now--after several months of coding and help from some very close friends I have finally finished and opened it to the public.

Here are the simple straight-forward details. I recommend you go visit the website, read it, and maybe join us. Once you get in there you'll see how great (we think) it is.

• We have 17 hubs stationed in the U.S., UK, and Europe.
  • We have 64 different aircraft types and over 120 liveries available -- they are all designed in-house with high level of quality control (I'm an OCD perfectionist.) We have planes from the C172 all the way to the A321. You can see a full listing of our fleet on the site.
  • We have schedules developed in the US and Europe that are based on the following real-world airlines; Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, DHL, Fedex, UPS, EasyJet, Flybe, Ryanair, Air Malta. 53,642 schedules to be exact.
  • We have 3 individual flight operations that act as airlines; Cargo, Charter, and Scheduled. Each one of these has its own fleet to fly and routes (except Charter, that is completely up to you to decide where you wish to fly from and to--there are 44k airports available.)
  • Every flight allows you to pick what you want to fly: yes, our schedules are open. You will get a pop up window that says "Pick your airframe." How often do you see that?
  • We use the SmartCARS application to track flights.
  • We are completely automated -- that means no hub managers, no waiting for a PIREP to be approved.
  • We have a rank and points system that you are awarded for things such as: taking at least 20 minutes to do preflight, using takeoff and landing flaps, maintaining speed under 10k feet, how hard or soft you land.
  • We use a depart last arrival system; if you fly a scheduled or cargo flight you will need to depart from the last location. If you find yourself in a dead-end, let us know and we can fix that. However, we do offer jump seat services if you wish to just move somewhere else.
  • We have Simbrief integration with an output that gives you the details you need very quickly; we also allow our pilots to chose their format and weight type (KGS or LBS.)
  • Our platform uses Leaflet maps. Our booking system is map based (get a look at where you can fly to from your current location and click the pin.)
  • The base of my platform is phpVMS but it is supercharged beyond anything you've seen--it's all done in house by me.
  • We're constantly adding on to it: in the works now is an event center and award center.

I think that's enough... you should come see us.

You can visit us on the web at https://walkerair.us

PS: I'm willing to answer questions but please don't post things that are available on the website if you were to go look. Thanks!

CEO | Walker Air Transport | walkerair.us

Looks great but perhaps add a Rotorcraft fleet as well for touring that would be great.

Perhaps Add the Bell 412EP (Cera Sim),  Aerospatialie AS365, Agusta Westland AW109 (Nemeth Designs) and a Eurocopter EC130 B4 or EC135 (Nemeth Designs)to the fleet.

I'd be happy to join up.

Edited by Fearless

Regards,

Fred Fleuren