Sign in to follow this  
theyoyomaster

Logitech/Saitek Throttle Quadrant Uneven Lever Mapping

HI, new to the forums, I tried searching and couldn't find any other topics with this specific issue, if I missed something please feel free to link me to whatever you find. I just got my second throttle quadrant to go with my yoke as well as a few of the panels and am having some issues getting it set up for multi-engine flying.

I'm using FSX-SE with the Logitech yoke, pedals, multi/switch/radio panels and the additional yoke. My main issue is that the various levers are not anywhere near synced up so it is very hard to work two engines at the same time. The throttles are generally even but on the mixture, they are both even at full rich and cutoff, but anywhere in between the left and right levers are at wildly different positions in order to match up what is happening in the game. The prop condition levers aren't perfect either but close enough that it doesn't feel weird to need them slightly offset, it just feels like a real plane where the engines aren't quite 100% identical and it takes a fraction of a knob-width to get equal results. 

I have tried the registry delete/recalibration as well as using FSUIPC to manage my controller settings and have not been able to sort this out. I am trying to play around with the slope setting but for mixture it only lets you modify it with the .ini and I can't find any solid documentation on what values to even try so I'm mainly just shooting in the dark trying random values. Does anyone else also run the same setup and if so, were you able to get the mixture levers to match?

Finally, are there any good options for drivers for the majority of the logitech/saitek stuff? Overall the buttons/switches work but they are a bit finicy and I would like to be able to have a bit more control over them. They also often reset to default settings meaning that the second throttle gets assigned to other things like the #2 mixture cutoff button will change view. It seems like every 2nd or third time I load into the game I need to go into the settings to delete the re-mapped default controls to be able to use my FSUIPC profile. 

Any suggestions welcome, I know FSX-SE isn't the best sim, my computer is somewhat performance limited but I'm hoping to build a dedicated sim PC in the next year and then investigate other options, although FS2020 looks pretty good so far. 

If you're saying that (for example) Engine 1 reaches a certain power level at same 70% Satiek thrust lever movement and Engine 2 reaches the same power level at 50% Saitek thrust lever movement, then yes, this is normal and it occurs because the pots in the Saitek controller are different because no two pots are the same.

The best advice I can give you is to use the registered version of FSUIPC to calibrate your thrust levers which will bring them as close as possible to one another.  I'm sure you can find Youtube videos on how to do this, and of course there is a manual provided with FSUIPC.

Some aircraft (like the Majestic Dash 8 Q400) provide software to bring lever axis almost perfectly in sync with one another.

If the above is asking too much, you can always use one lever for both thrust/throttle levers, works like a charm!

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I think the registered version of FSUIPC even includes an option to keep multiple throttles in sync via an on/off toggle that is usually mapped to a button.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks, I was hoping to have a bit more fine control over them. It really seems like the issue is that the third one is mapped as a rotation axis which is on a different scale. I'll keep playing around with the slope and see if I can get it close enough to feel usable.