Sign in to follow this  
Guest KVRNut

X-MAS bulb?

So, what is the life expectancy of a X-MAS tree light bulb?We have no general discussion forum.JimCYWG

Hi,The ones on the top of the tree will burn out 5 minutes after your guests arrive.The ones outside will wait until the coldest night of the season and burn out 5 minutes BEFORE your guests arrive.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Sales and Supporthttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_dev_team.jpg http://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_proud_supporter.jpg

Simple....I've found that every single Christmas light burns the exact amount of time it takes to get to the middle of a Tootsie Roll Pop.123 etc.......See, that was easy.... :-)Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest beana51

Great inquiry,so refreshing,no controversy.Gotta be some kind of formula? Kinda like the nav lights on my plane. However the advice you got so far is valid. Some of my lites have lasted 20,30,40,yrs.The big ones that is.Those Twinkies can make you nuts.One goes,and the line goes. Buy the cheapest junk ya can get,use them once ,and when finished ,dump them. Up in the snow ,they pop,down here in the bone yard ,they cook. Any way ,no matter how you look at them, its "Christmas!" "Tis the season"...,Have Fun VIN PS Hope this post don't get Di-Leted,on the grounds its stupid,and it is. :+

Mine last forever. Could be because I don't use them :)

I find they outlast the usefulness of the light set. Let me explain:Every year, my wife says that she doesn't like the way the old lights flash, and that she's seen some that twinkle beautifully in the shops. So she buys the new set, which to my mind flash exactly the same as the old ones.Guess what? I must have been right, because next year exactly the same happens again. Expensive business, Christmas.;-)

Ian Box

Guest Gordius

>Mine last forever. Could be because I don't use them :)Me too. Leave them in the box and you'll never have to worry about replacing bulbs again. Mine must be at least five years old and not a single bulb has blewn as far as I know.Andrew Brown (ACPC)

Guest beana51

Rather "GRINCHY," don't you think? Extreme to say he least,Oh well,a dark Christmas my be in style.NOT! In the mean time take your kids to a place where they are glowing!Ya may see the light,(get it the LIGHT) HO! HO! HO! to you,and of course "to all the "Scrooges" out there. Better be good now!Or else Santa won't give you new stuff for your FS. Its early, "BUT CHRISTMAS CHEERS TO YOU" :-beerchug VIN!

Guest KVRNut

On a tree they last for about an hour after you get the tree fully decorated and outside they last until you get the ladder put away before one blows despite the fact that they were all checked out before they were strung.Wonder how long this guy's lights lasted?http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SMKVRNutCYLW