Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

Hope it sells well for them; disappointing sales being apparently the reason why PMDG dropped theirs from further development. 

Actually the only thing which really surprises me is that it's taken them so long to do an MD-11 given that they're already halfway their on the avionics. 🙂

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I think the MD-11 will be a hot seller for TFDI. I fly for UPSVAC and I know we've been dying for a MD-11. TFDI has come a long ways and didn't give up on the 717. I'm sure the MD-11 will be a huge success for them. Probably more than the 717. 

As far as PMDG and the MD-11 goes, I don't think disappointing sales had anything to do with it. I think it's due to an old partnership that went different ways after the MD-11 project. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

2 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I think the MD-11 will be a hot seller for TFDI. I fly for UPSVAC and I know we've been dying for a MD-11. TFDI has come a long ways and didn't give up on the 717. I'm sure the MD-11 will be a huge success for them. Probably more than the 717. 

As far as PMDG and the MD-11 goes, I don't think disappointing sales had anything to do with it. I think it's due to an old partnership that went different ways after the MD-11 project. 

I totally agree with this.  I mean how many people are lining up to buy a jetstream from PMDG?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

45 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Chris Makris of PMDG stated a few days ago in the latest update thread on their forums that the reason they dropped the MD-11 is, in fact, poor sales/not financially viable. According to him, the NGXu alone made more profit within the first day after release than the MD-11 in its whole lifetime. Even the DC-6 surpassed the MD-11's profit.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Can't wait for the MD-11....

and to be fair (accurate), the view change crash in the B717 end up being an issue with P3D. LM resolved it in one of the latest 4.5 HF.

Bill Moore

7 minutes ago, threegreen said:

poor sales/not financially viable

I would say different developers will have different ideas of what 'financially viable' is. 😉

Just now, bill62 said:

the view change crash in the B717 end up being an issue with P3D.

Yes and no. I've had it with B717 and P3D only non stop, flying a few different aircraft and never experiencing it.

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Of course it is!

Let's discount what the developer actually says about this, in favor of a speculative, unsupported theory, cooked up by the angry / disappointed customers... 

... makes perfect sense.

Edited by anden145
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Instant buy along with another dream. The A350.

Michael Moe 

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Hope it sells well for them; disappointing sales being apparently the reason why PMDG dropped theirs from further development. 

That was not the reason Alan 😉

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

That was not the reason Alan 😉

I'm pretty sure that was the reason PMDG gave.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It sure was 🙂 but...

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, skully said:

I'm not sure we're ever going to get a really good DC-10. 

Perhaps TFDI will consider building one?

One is a yawn fest. One will challenge you as a 'pilot'.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I would say different developers will have different ideas of what 'financially viable' is. 😉

Yes of course. I don't know about TFDi, but since PMDG are working full-time and thus have to spent the appropriate amount of development resources, I'd assume they need some more income than other developers who are working part-time and make their living off their other jobs and may even employ less people. I was actually surprised the DC-6 surpassed the MD-11, which seems the MD-11 really is a niche because the DC-6 surely is and if 'even' that generates more profit I think it makes sense.

Though times have changed and chances are a 2020 MD-11 may sell better than an FSX MD-11 from a decade ago. This is going to be interesting.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD