Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It sure was 🙂 but...

I just knew this reply would come when I posted that. Since it's PMDG, I guess the default stance is going the cynical way and taking all they say as a lie? I mean, come on.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I was actually surprised the DC-6 surpassed the MD-11, which seems the MD-11 really is a niche because the DC-6 surely is and if 'even' that generates more profit I think it makes sense.

I don't think it was the fact that it was a DC-6 which made it sell, it was probably more that there are so few really good treatments of classic airliners that when PMDG made one, it pretty much made it a must have. After all, it's either them, A2A or nothing really. Everything else, whilst certainly welcome if you like simulating flying old bangers, is undeniably on the lighter side of things. If they'd have made a DC-3, the sales would have probably broken the internet.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

43 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

As far as PMDG and the MD-11 goes, I don't think disappointing sales had anything to do with it. I think it's due to an old partnership that went different ways after the MD-11 project. 

Hi there,

I think that RSR has repeatedly stated that their decision is a purely financial one. Look here for instance for a very recent post on this very same issue:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/59564-03may20-weekend-update-747-update-pending-and-a-bunch-of-other-run-on-sentences?p=59831#post59831

Although I totally understand the disappointment in the community - trust me, I would have loved to get my hands on a PMDG-level MD11 years ago - it is imho important to stick to the facts.

Best,

Alejandro

• Like 3

Instant buy for me, don't care how much it cost's :D <3

Mikael Leinonen

2 minutes ago, MPL said:

Instant buy for me, don't care how much it costs

You sound like the kind of customer Captain Sim would like 🤣

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

I don't think it was the fact that it was a DC-6 which made it sell, it was probably more that there are so few really good treatments of classic airliners that when PMDG made one, it pretty much made it a must have. After all, it's either them, A2A or nothing really. Everything else, whilst certainly welcome if you like simulating flying old bangers, is undeniably on the lighter side of things. If they'd have made a DC-3, the sales would have probably broken the internet.

Good point. But I still think it speaks for something that the DC-6 outdid the MD-11 in terms of profit. I certainly expected demand for the MD-11 to be higher than what it apparently was. In any case, is seems TFDi made their decision which can only be a good one for the community. I would assume demand for an MD-11 is still higher than that of a 717, so I'm optimistic given the 717 does well for them AFAIK.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

23 minutes ago, Chock said:

You sound like the kind of customer Captain Sim would like 🤣

Haven't bought the CS767 II if you mean that, i love 757&767's though 😄 Maybe when they have some "sales" 

MD-11 is another story, i just want IT, missed this bird so much since PMDG MD-11 was last good addon of this type 😍

With TFDI i truly believe they will make a masterpiece out of the mighty MD-11. 717 had it's rough start but look at it now, it has come a long way and has gone better at every update 😉 

Edited by MPL
  • Upvote 1

Mikael Leinonen

I think TDFI will make a good job, best of luck to them.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

23 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

One is a yawn fest. One will challenge you as a 'pilot'.  

They don't call it the 'Death Cruiser' for nothing but I still like it. 😐

14 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Good point. But I still think it speaks for something that the DC-6 outdid the MD-11 in terms of profit. I certainly expected demand for the MD-11 to be higher than what it apparently was.

Hard to judge a product release when they are 10+ years apart with 10 years of inflation unless you just look at how many they sold and compare that way. PMDG has substantially increased the price of their addons over the course of this time? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Hard to judge a product release when they are 10+ years apart with 10 years of inflation unless you just look at how many they sold and compare that way. PMDG has substantially increased the price of their addons over the course of this time? 

Exactly. That's why I said an MD-11 today will most likely do differently in terms of sales and profit than one over a decade ago. Also the flight sim community itself has changed and I think payware addons are way more common nowadays than they were back then.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My PMDG MD-11 fleet is covered in cobwebs, so yeah this will be a buy for me as well.  Long live the tri holers!!

• Like 2

Chris Sunseri

Oh my god, day 1 instabuy at the minute it releases, no questions asked.
Once a neglected plane in flightsim, now we will have 2 high quality ones in P3Dv5 (I assume) and XP11. What a glorious announcement 😍

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

59 minutes ago, log_0_Inf said:

Hi there,

I think that RSR has repeatedly stated that their decision is a purely financial one. Look here for instance for a very recent post on this very same issue:

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/59564-03may20-weekend-update-747-update-pending-and-a-bunch-of-other-run-on-sentences?p=59831#post59831

Although I totally understand the disappointment in the community - trust me, I would have loved to get my hands on a PMDG-level MD11 years ago - it is imho important to stick to the facts.

Best,

Alejandro

Thanks for the reference and providing it in a way to educate myself and others unlike some in this forums. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I agree. You cant compare the very aged PMDG MD-11 to a brand new DC-6 with far newer code and features.  Seems to be that the whole truth was never laid out but they stick with financial.  Perhaps the issue with the previous coder had something to do with it. The other point of simmers did not know much of the MD-11 because you didnt see it at the airports is a load of word not allowed.  In my ramp days there were lots of them, and if not MD-11 , it was the older brother DC-10.   Now tell me how many general population recognize and identify a DC-6. Only aviation enthusiasts would know it, and perhaps those that lived in that era of its hayday. 

Nevertheless, Its a really fun aircraft to fly, challenging at time, because the wings are short and feels like a fighter jet at times. And the startup sounds is something to behold.  Super sweet. Go TFDI! Bring it on. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png