Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

Definitely looking forward to flying some freight routes with this one.

1 hour ago, Chock said:

That's all very well, but by the criteria you have listed which demand parallels with real world ops, it means in the present situation, you would be hardly flying at all and I doubt that's true, unless you are simulating all your add-ons being parked up and you looking for a different job.

Yup, and this is why I currently fly mostly biz jets. 😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Maybe not back then but from all the excitement on all the social media sites and the official announcement, it appears an MD-11 is a much welcomed addition and most likely will be profitable in 2020/21. I wish TFDI the best and for me it will be a day one purchase.

i can see a SteveDra UPS paint on one, LOL

UPS, FedEx, Lufthansa Cargo...if I can get early access we'll be flying them on release. 🙂  

I'll never paint World, Canadian or Western Global though! (hehe....let's see if anyone who's fond of those liveries is watching.) 🤣

American would be in the pant hangar as well and if the model releases with PBR textures, I'd be painting it with Brian T's and my custom set we threw on another AA bird now gone from the skies: 😞 

nDFEaS.jpg

We'll see how this one develops.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 6

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I was just looking at the box of my PMDG MD11 and this thread brought back many good memories.

Likewise here😂

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It is a shame that so many flight simmers seem to consider current usage of a plane in the real world to be so important. Flight simulation really is so much more than that.

This is a fantastic point. To me it’s a lot more fun being creative with it. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I can’t wait to be flying on vatsim the week it releases to see these things all over the place. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

25 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

UPS, FedEx, Lufthansa Cargo...if I can get early access we'll be flying them on release. 🙂  

I'll never paint World, Canadian or Western Global though! (hehe....let's see if anyone who's fond of those liveries is watching.) 🤣

American would be in the pant hangar as well and if the model releases with PBR textures, I'd be painting it with Brian T's and my custom set we threw on another AA bird now gone from the skies: 😞 

nDFEaS.jpg

Yes World and Western Global liveries✌️ and of course Martinair please!

Edited by Pat Mussotte
  • Upvote 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

7 minutes ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Martinair please

✌️

46 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

nDFEaS.jpg

Your in luck with Canadian Airlines. They never had the MD-11.  But we all know your so  inclined and up to the challenge, you could always transfer the DC 10-30 signature livery they had.  haha 

(C-FCRE) Signature livery

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It is a shame that so many flight simmers seem to consider current usage of a plane in the real world to be so important. Flight simulation really is so much more than that.

Personally I'm one of those. It's hard to explain exactly why, but I find significant pleasure in recreating real world flights. Doesn't need to be the exact time, weather etc, but at least I like using the right aircraft model. I of course understand flight simulation does not need to be limited by such parameters - after all, you can do whatever you want. You could go and fly loopings with your 737 if you wanted to. Everybody has their preferences for the amount of realism that they would like to pursue. For me it's using the correct type of aircraft on the correct route. A great example is the MD-80... Once they disappear from Delta fleet in about a month (!), I'm not sure how often I'll still be flying the Leonardo Maddog (not that I fly it that often to begin with...). I guess I will have to resign myself to a very limited area of deployment, particularly the Middle East.

That said, when it comes to the MD-11, I might just make an exception, once in a while, to fly a long lost KLM flight, EHAM-TNCC 😉

I will add this: I hope they will have some sort of time acceleration feature, like modern PMDG planes have. MD-11s are used on some seriously long haul routes and I just don't have the time anymore to sit in front of my computer for hours on end...

• Upvote 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Both, you Benjamin, and you Christopher make good points, worth reading. I veer slightly towards you, Benjamin, as I eschew fictional repaints, etc. But hey, it is only a simulator. Like you say, you can whizz Santa Claus all over including summer🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Personally I'm one of those. It's hard to explain exactly why, but I find significant pleasure in recreating real world flights. Doesn't need to be the exact time, weather etc, but at least I like using the right aircraft model. I of course understand flight simulation does not need to be limited by such parameters - after all, you can do whatever you want. You could go and fly loopings with your 737 if you wanted to. Everybody has their preferences for the amount of realism that they would like to pursue. For me it's using the correct type of aircraft on the correct route. A great example is the MD-80... Once they disappear from Delta fleet in about a month (!), I'm not sure how often I'll still be flying the Leonardo Maddog (not that I fly it that often to begin with...). I guess I will have to resign myself to a very limited area of deployment, particularly the Middle East.

That said, when it comes to the MD-11, I might just make an exception, once in a while, to fly a long lost KLM flight, EHAM-TNCC 😉

I will add this: I hope they will have some sort of time acceleration feature, like modern PMDG planes have. MD-11s are used on some seriously long haul routes and I just don't have the time anymore to sit in front of my computer for hours on end...

As soon as you have fun with it then you're already ahead of that question, whether you do fly irl-ish or not. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Just kinda hard for me to see where AA flew their maddogs and md-11s for example; back then there wasn't FR24 or that. So if possible, I'll get a proper schedule, if not, screw it!

I do understand why some people want to fly real world routes with real world aircraft. I am not bothered about doing that, and would happily fly my PMDG airliners anywhere at any time. In fact, I only use the PMDG house colours when I fly them, and any passengers trying to board them are arrested at the gate!! :laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

24 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

that's the beauty of a flight simulator.  People can simulate flight the way they want, when they want, and how they want.  No wrong way.  Some people like to simulate the proper flight number with the proper equipment like you do.  Some people like to simulate Delta flights from the 90's where a 777 and MD-11 would routinely operate from MCO-ATL.  Others like to say, "Hey wouldn't it be neat to simulate a 747 flying from JFK-ORD".  Others would say wouldn't it be neat if Delta flew 787's.  Everything is possible.  

7 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Both, you Benjamin, and you Christopher make good points, worth reading. I veer slightly towards you, Benjamin, as I eschew fictional repaints, etc. But hey, it is only a simulator. Like you say, you can whizz Santa Claus all over including summer🤣

Hey Rick and others....I guess its a good thing us painters don't apply the same methodology of "only current liveries" with our paints...but in retrospect...It'd make our job much more easier (but boring to the point I'd probably just stop painting).😉

To me, Flightsim is a gateway to any flight realm, and while flying real-world, current flight schedules is a "part" of simming, I wouldn't discount everything that else is available to us for simming because, for example, Lufthansa Cargo never flew this:
C7EA3P.jpg

But that doesn't stop me from enjoying flights in her (or painting her for that matter)

Or and AA A330-300 with RRs (they only flew RRs on their -200s)
iUWR1Y.jpg

Or this KLM for the same reason....

7lkQf4.jpg

Hehe.....OK....you guys get my point...I'm just "Piling on" now. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg