Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

I think that is probably the flightsim version of "religious blasphemy", Steve :laugh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that is probably the flightsim version of "religious blasphemy", Steve :laugh:

I agree....and you could apply this same philosophy in the dog-breeding community where we have Min-pins, Labradoodles, Chaweenies, etc. 🙂

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve, when it comes to you, I then make a very big exception, because, to me you are like the modern day Leonardo, and although he's gone  long, long time ago, that does in no way prevent me from seeing his 'Masters' whenever I get a chance to visit the Louvre, etc.🤣

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I do understand why some people want to fly real world routes with real world aircraft. I am not bothered about doing that, and would happily fly my PMDG airliners anywhere at any time. In fact, I only use the PMDG house colours when I fly them, and any passengers trying to board them are arrested at the gate!! :laugh:

Hah! Point taken. It's just that you found it a 'shame' - which is what prompted my response.

@Steve Dra That is STUNNING KLM livery on that A333. I might just veer away from my normal routines and take it for a spin! Is it available?

In the end, I probably concur with @LH340fan: Once you find the plane you really like, you are getting beyond this question. For me, the MD-11 is one of those planes... It has a certain elegance in its exterior and its operation. Hell, if somebody were to bring out a properly simulated IL-86, I'll be all over that one too! Let alone a Tu-154... Which we used to have back in the FSX days, mind you. Either I'll just paint it into a private livery of sorts and simulate some 'VIP' flight, or I'll make a point of flying it off the beaten path (around africa, Siberia, etc), at least to maintain some semblance of a possible reality. In the end, if I really want to fly it, I'll find a way without utterly violating my primary enjoyment: simulating the real world (within certain limits) 😉 

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Is it available?

Why of course....along with the other 9 A333's I painted...here:

Steve's AS A333 repaints....

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

I agree....and you could apply this same philosophy in the dog-breeding community where we have Min-pins, Labradoodles, Chaweenies, etc. 🙂

In addition to a World MD-11F, don’t forget about Gemini Air Cargo Steve-O🙂.

I have a “Cargo dawg friend” who would love to fly those😎

• Like 1

Chris Sunseri

Or Centurion, for that matter🤣

1 hour ago, pinlifter said:

In addition to a World MD-11F, don’t forget about Gemini Air Cargo Steve-O🙂.

I have a “Cargo dawg friend” who would love to fly those😎

59 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Or Centurion, for that matter🤣

Don't worry my old simming friends....I'm sure we're pretty far away from paints at this point, but I was mainly ribbing you about what I will and won't paint. 

I always try to take care of the community, and while I don't really do general requests anymore...(retired painter you know)...I'll always paint and share the liveries I expect to fly personally (No doubt I'll push out a UPS, FedEx and Lufty Cargo MD-11).

As for separate requests my friends may have....well....you know. 😉 (begging and groveling may produce superior results vs relying on just the fact you're my virtual friend) 🤣

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

Hah! Point taken. It's just that you found it a 'shame' - which is what prompted my response.

@Steve Dra That is STUNNING KLM livery on that A333. I might just veer away from my normal routines and take it for a spin! Is it available?

In the end, I probably concur with @LH340fan: Once you find the plane you really like, you are getting beyond this question. For me, the MD-11 is one of those planes... It has a certain elegance in its exterior and its operation. Hell, if somebody were to bring out a properly simulated IL-86, I'll be all over that one too! Let alone a Tu-154... Which we used to have back in the FSX days, mind you. Either I'll just paint it into a private livery of sorts and simulate some 'VIP' flight, or I'll make a point of flying it off the beaten path (around africa, Siberia, etc), at least to maintain some semblance of a possible reality. In the end, if I really want to fly it, I'll find a way without utterly violating my primary enjoyment: simulating the real world (within certain limits) 😉 

I know what you're taking about when you finally get a plane you've been waiting for and it's an insta-buy...Unless of course that plane is only being released by a certain dev and you've made a philosophic decision to never support them again no matter how much you're craving that plane. 🙄

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I don't get it: the PMDG saleswise was a dud, why would this MD-11 be any different`?

19 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't get it: the PMDG saleswise was a dud, why would this MD-11 be any different`?

look at the interest in the forums and other social media.  Clearly this plane will sell well.  So I would wonder the story behind the story with PMDG.  

• Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

8 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

TFDI are a talented group, but yet another Jalopy that - except for cargo - few airlines fly these days.

your opinion.  Obviously not consistent with the the huge amount of posters here.  Whether few or many still fly the MD-11 has no effect on whether it can be flown in P3D

• Upvote 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

46 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Bearing in mind that PMDG also had the added cost of purchasing the MD-11 code from Lefteris (which wouldn't be cheap) or starting again from scratch. TFDi aren't PMDG and they may have a different standard/ way of working. 

Also, they have a lot of systems as well as textures from the 717. It's a lot less effort for TFDi than for PMDG. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It is a shame that so many flight simmers seem to consider current usage of a plane in the real world to be so important. Flight simulation really is so much more than that.

Yeah this bothers me to death. Freedom is where it's at. And experimenting with things i would never be able to do, etc.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Your in luck with Canadian Airlines. They never had the MD-11.  But we all know your so  inclined and up to the challenge, you could always transfer the DC 10-30 signature livery they had.  haha 

(C-FCRE) Signature livery

Ugh...The Signature livery would be really hard to do knowing there is probably not enough good reference material.

5 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

and of course Martinair please!

I really like Martinair....painted her on the iFly 744 BCF...

a5Tnzu.jpg

But guys....there will be a lot of painters cranking out paints for this bird I'm sure.  I can't paint 'em all (but in my younger years I sure tried! LoL....probably explains why I'm as deranged as I am now....inhaled too many paint fumes back then).🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg