Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

TFDI Teases new aircraft. MD-11

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Or Centurion, for that matter🤣

Bah to Centurion!

How about some Arrow Air Cargo instead.  Their late colors would look great on an MD-11F.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The irony of the story is that a product released at a given time whose sales turned out to be disappointing may very well have a completely different result a few years later, no doubt to the great displeasure of the original developer if that's true. That's been seen before and in many areas...just saying...

Of course, buy from day one!

Richard.

Edited by DrumsArt
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 minute ago, Mace said:

Bah to Centurion!

How about some Arrow Air Cargo instead.  Their late colors would look great on an MD-11F.

LOL...you'll get the same response from @thibodba57 as he flies for a competitor and has no love for this freight company 🙂 

I still get grief about a fictional Centurion I did on the 777F

NOLKY5.jpg

Arrow air looks cool (big green livery fan)...many liveries to cover, but thankfully there are many fellow simmers out there who've picked up the brush...they'll be painting the MD-11 as well I'm sure. 😉

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Just now, Steve Dra said:

Arrow air looks cool (big green livery fan)...many liveries to cover, but thankfully there are many fellow simmers out there who've picked up the brush...they'll be painting the MD-11 as well I'm sure. 😉

I actually painted the PMDG 777F in Arrow Air Cargo's late colors.  I have never uploaded it anywhere!  I still need to make a PTP file (isn't that what PMDG uses?) and also upload it here to AVSIM I guess.   I would say it is "ok" to me, as I am just a Saturday-afternoon-painter after all.

I joke about Centurion, I've always been a big Arrow fan, and I've always said Arrow ruled KMIA.  Not Centurion.   Even though I like Centurion's colors too.  Love the yellow tail with the red box.

• Like 1

Rhett

16 minutes ago, Mace said:

Bah to Centurion

Whatever floats your boat,🤣 although I do like Arrow Air Cargo. Like Steve says, that green does grow on one.

20 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Whatever floats your boat,🤣 although I do like Arrow Air Cargo. Like Steve says, that green does grow on one.

LOL...yeah....to me....I'm like that actress who kept winning the football pool in some show I can't recall.  When asked how she kept doing it she replied "I pick the one with the prettiest helmet".😂

I'm the same way with paints....don't care how horrible the company is in real life...If I like the livery I'll paint it.  Really like yellow and green liveries...speaking of green...this is as green as it gets (even putting "Green" in their company name) LoL  (painted this ages ago)

w8vI8l.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

30 minutes ago, Mace said:

I actually painted the PMDG 777F in Arrow Air Cargo's late colors.  I have never uploaded it anywhere!  I still need to make a PTP file (isn't that what PMDG uses?) and also upload it here to AVSIM I guess.   I would say it is "ok" to me, as I am just a Saturday-afternoon-painter after all.

I joke about Centurion, I've always been a big Arrow fan, and I've always said Arrow ruled KMIA.  Not Centurion.   Even though I like Centurion's colors too.  Love the yellow tail with the red box.

Cool!  Would like to see your Arrow Air paint!  Yes its PTP format for PMDG paints and simple to do...just go to the PMDG OC, click Livery Management under 1. Aircraft and Liveries, 2. pick the livery you want to export, 3. click Export.  I've painted dozens of PMDG planes and the process to export is ridiculously easy. 🙂 

WjnTqA.jpg

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

Ugh...The Signature livery would be really hard to do knowing there is probably not enough good reference material.

Would the classic Canadian livery or CP be easier?  😁

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

18 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Would the classic Canadian livery or CP be easier?  😁

LOL...I knew CP AIr would break into the conversation when we started mentioning Canadian airlines.  (And somehow I knew you'd be the one who asked) 🙂

I had a screen all ready for your post....

7uEbcq.png

I actually started a CPair fictional 777 at the time I was working on the Evergreen. I was never satisfied with the metal method I was using back then on the 777, so retired it.

When the new PBR version of 777 comes out I may revisit the paint...in the mean time even though a CP Air MD-11 would be fictional...I'd probably see if my and @thibodba57 's metal would bring her to life (if they release a PBR model). 😉

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

49 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

When the new PBR version of 777 comes out I may revisit the paint...in the mean time even though a CP Air MD-11 would be fictional...I'd probably see if my and @thibodba57 's metal would bring her to life (if they release a PBR model). 😉

A lot of work has been done already in regards to a metal PK for the 777.  I’ll just need PMDGs red channel for the rest of the parts to really kinda wrap it up.

Im really looking forward to seeing the Flying Tigers paint in it. Maybe I’ll do a Northwest and Atlas. I really liked how the Atlas Air baremedal came out.

Edited by thibodba57

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

Amazing Steve, here’s hoping.  And let’s face it, who couldn’t use a big orange MD11 in their lives 😆

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I'll never paint World, Canadian or Western Global though! (hehe....let's see if anyone who's fond of those liveries is watching.) 🤣

No Western Global eh? Oh well, never mind. I know you're a busy guy, Steve!:cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL...you'll get the same response from @thibodba57 as he flies for a competitor and has no love for this freight company 🙂 

I still get grief about a fictional Centurion I did on the 777F

NOLKY5.jpg

I think I may have twisted your arm on that Centurion livery Steve, as well as Titan and numerous others🤣

Chris Sunseri

10 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

LOL...yeah....to me....I'm like that actress who kept winning the football pool in some show I can't recall.  When asked how she kept doing it she replied "I pick the one with the prettiest helmet".😂

I'm the same way with paints....don't care how horrible the company is in real life...If I like the livery I'll paint it.  Really like yellow and green liveries...speaking of green...this is as green as it gets (even putting "Green" in their company name) LoL  (painted this ages ago)

You know that reminds me...another livery I always liked was Emery Worldwide.  Green and Red over the white.  It reminded me of Christmas candy.

Rhett