Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Shout Out To RealAir

Over the years I have purchased the RealAir Scout, DukeB60v2, DukeTv2 and the LegacyV2. I was able to download all but the Scout from the RealAir site. Installed all 3 into P3D v4.5 with no problems. I was surprised that the Scout was not there. Does anyone know why the Scout was missing? I would like to get it to complete my RealAir aircraft. I was sorry to see they closed. They always had good products and support.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

You can. Buy it, or if You have an old install of the Scout in FSX or an older P3D version.
Can be added to P3D v5. either as a SimObjects|Aircraft or with an Add-on.xml.

ey7tr3djvyxoa2v6g.jpg

Here is the amphibian (a bit tweaked) in TVSM Mustique.
Everything works fine: Lights, Gauges and Sounds.

Note: Image is blurred at high zoom because of MediaFire.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB

TVSM in what P3D version and how did you make it work?

Pierre

4 minutes ago, ppo said:

TVSM in what P3D version and how did you make it work?

In P3D v4 & P3D v5 (Picture Above is P3D v5+HF1)

Installing it is tricky and needs several steps to do it properly.
If You are interested PM me.
I don't post it here as some user might mess up his/hers Prepared3D install.

Cheers.

TVSIM,

I don't have my original FSX version and never used it with P3D. The Flight1 package doesn't mention P3D compatible. What do you recommend in my situation?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Hey RamonB,   I was just going through old previous version Prepar3d folders I have on a storage drive and noticed back in 2015 there was an Autogen Fix1 for flytampa Gernadines  Curious if you had used it?

Thanks,

steve   

2 hours ago, macpilot said:

TVSIM,

I don't have my original FSX version and never used it with P3D. The Flight1 package doesn't mention P3D compatible. What do you recommend in my situation?

Bill. I don't think they sell the Granadines over at Flight1.
As for the Scout. Even though it was designed for FSX it works on P3D, up to version 5.
You probably need to make a dummy FSX folder and install it there, then You can copy the files and structure to an addon folder and install it in P3D via an add-on.xml.

2 hours ago, sluihn said:

Hey RamonB,   I was just going through old previous version Prepar3d folders I have on a storage drive and noticed back in 2015 there was an Autogen Fix1 for flytampa Gernadines  Curious if you had used it?

Hello Steve.

That fix was for the old FSX and early P3D's
Do NOT use that exe on P3D v4 or P3D v5 as it will mess up the default.xml inside the autogen folder. (Reason being different xml Encodings).

You can add the entries manually or I am using a small default.xml for the Grenadines and run a Beta version of the AutogenConfigurationMerger (available at FSDeveloper) from Arno compatible with P3D v5.

Edited by RamonB

RamonB,

Thanks for all your info. I'll keep searching for the Scout. Great bush plane. Below is the Flight1 offering I mentioned for FSX only. Do you thing this will work in P3D v 4.5?

Bill McCracken

American Champion Aircraft