Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

F1 GTN trainer frustration & question

I have gone through the process of deleting the trainer.  I was prompted to the update which I installed.  I have version 6.62.    When I Start P3D and select a plane that has the GTN 750 in it I get the prompt that the trainer version is incorrect.   Am I missing a step or what.

I am probably doing something simple wrong since the frustration level is very high!

Thanks

For the F1 version GTN750 you have to upgrade through the Flight One Purchase Agent  make sure GTN  is  Version 2.18  is latest  do not use the F1 Updater on the home screen  seems to mess my install up. you will need Garmin Trainer version 2700 now to be compatible. once you start the install it should prompt automatically to D/Load Garmin Trainer 2700

if the F1 purchase agent shows vesion 2.16 or 7 delete it    just  redownload version 2.18 is out now

Edited by sluihn
i see it... squashed it
  • Upvote 1

There is a typo in the above post, the latest Flight1 GTN750 version is 2.18, not 1.18.

Edit: Now fixed above. 🙂

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

As per Sluin. Download the latest trainer. Download the latest gtn - do NOT try to update an older version.

Confirming here that F1 GTN750 works beautifully with P3Dv5 with or without hotfix. Using it for mist of my A2A flights, it adds a lot to the experience.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just for your information. As several users have installed the Windows 10 Insider Beta 2004, it's seems that there are performance issue with the Garmin Trainer v2.7.0.0 with becomes very slow/almost unresponsive. And so becomes the Flight1 gauge in the sim. For advanced users, the trainer version that has normal performance is 2.3.1.0.

Source https://www.simforums.com/Forums/gtn-750-and-win10-v2004_topic63641.html

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

5 hours ago, vbazillio said:

it's seems that there are performance issue with the Garmin Trainer v2.7.0.0

Hi,

Just to make sure our customers do not massively downgrade their trainer version:

The genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch with GTN Trainer 6.6.3 included with Garmin trainers 2.7.0.0 appears, so far, to be working fine with Windows 10 Insider 2004*

The next update will make it run better with P3D5HF1 and XP11.50 Beta and is coming anytime today or tomorrow.

* If not, please report to the RXP forum.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 hours ago, RXP said:

The genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch with GTN Trainer 6.6.3 included with Garmin trainers 2.7.0.0 appears, so far, to be working fine with Windows 10 Insider 2004*

The next update will make it run better with P3D5HF1 and XP11.50 Beta and is coming anytime today or tomorrow.

* If not, please report to the RXP forum.

It's cool for RXP customers but kind of strange because the issue reported, on the Flight1 forum, is on the Garmin Trainer on-itself without any interaction with any simulation nor gauge and when users are on Windows 10 insider 2004. Ok, fair enough. 

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

10 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

It's cool for RXP customers but kind of strange

The RXP GTN goes beyond a mere 'wrapper' around another process running in the background.

You can't compare the trainer running standalone with the Reality XP GTN gauge in P3D, or plugin in X-Plane.

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

5 minutes ago, RXP said:

You can't compare the trainer running standalone with the Reality XP GTN gauge in P3D, or plugin in X-Plane.

Ok thank for the precision. So when the Garmin Trainer (standalone) is slow, almost freezing, it does'n' lead to a slow gauge as well in the sim ? 

Vincent B.

42 minutes ago, vbazillio said:

So when the Garmin Trainer (standalone) is slow, almost freezing, it does'n' lead to a slow gauge as well in the sim ? 

Instead, it doesn't necessarily lead to a slow genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch gauge in the sim..

25 minutes ago, RXP said:

Instead, it doesn't necessarily lead to a slow genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch gauge in the sim..

RXP GTN users see similar issues as well. Check the RXP forum section

Zicheng Cai

Slow trainer definitely leads to a slower gauge in the sim. And even if it doesn't, the gauge with the latest trainer is just not as smooth as it is with trainer 6.21.

13 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

RXP GTN users see similar issues as well. Check the RXP forum section

Hi,

Thank you for reminding me to inform the OP of this thread.

There has already been 2 updates released since the discussion you've linked above started, and we're preparing the release of a new update today or tomorrow which is further enhancing this:

Version 2.5.24 (APR2020)
New: Compatible with Prepar3D v5.
New: Compatible with Prepar3D v4.5 HotFix 3.
Fixed: GTN refreshing as smoothly as in previous versions (bug in 2.5.23).
Fixed: Touchscreen not working with GTN Trainer 6.21 (bug in 2.5.23).
Enhanced: Further stability and performance enhancements.

Version 2.5.23 (MAR2020)
New: Compatible with GTN Trainer v6.62.3
Enhanced: User's Manual corrections.
Enhanced: Additional AVX512 and AVX2 optimizations.
Enhanced: Further stability and performance enhancements.

I'm glad our forums are open and you can read topics and post questions prior purchasing...

Edited by RXP

13 minutes ago, Kaan KASIM said:

Slow trainer definitely leads to a slower gauge in the sim. And even if it doesn't, the gauge with the latest trainer is just not as smooth as it is with trainer 6.21.

Hi,

Since you've not commented further to the topic you've started in the RXP forum, you might want to confirm, in the RXP forum whether you've updated to the latest 2.5.24 and whether this is helping or not. At least, we'll know how this progresses on your end.

Edited by RXP

My Flight1 GTN 750/650 units are not working, everytime I load up P3D v5 it pops up a window saying its incompatible with the latest hotfix. However I have already ran the F1 updater tool and it's already at the latest version. Any idea on how to fix this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU