Sign in to follow this  
_wombat_

RealAir Turbine Duke v2

I would like to install the Real Air Turbine Duke into P3D v5, anybody done this yet, how can I do this ?

I am a registered user of the Turbine Duke v2 and the Lancair

Need some expert help please

If I recall, I ran the installer but it put the add-on.xml into documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons and I had to move the folder over to my Prepar3D v5 Add-Ons folder, and that was it.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

If I recall, I ran the installer but it put the add-on.xml into documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-Ons and I had to move the folder over to my Prepar3D v5 Add-Ons folder, and that was it.

this is how I did it, I originally had both aircraft in C/RASDuke/sim objects/Airplanes just copy the folder to v5 sim object/airplanes

I simply used the installer (P3D-V4) for Duke T, P, & Lanc, directed it to P3D-v5, works excellent for me. Great acft. Good luck!!

• Like 3

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

works perfectly in v5 just point installer to v5

• Like 3

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

One of my favorite planes so far in v5.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Juste question, can we install in P3dv5 without having P3dv4.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

31 minutes ago, guibru said:

I don't think so - when I tried that, the installer said that it could not find P3Dv4 and wouldn't let me proceed. Once I re-installed v4, I was able to then install into v4 and copy my RealAir add-ons folder from the v4 Addons folder to v5 Addons folder, and everything worked fine.  Only issue is lights don't illuminate the ground, but other than that it seems to work OK.  I had one DXGI_device_error_hung crash on a Turbine Duke flight when I had the F1 GTN popup window open and Alt-Tab'd to something else, but I can't necessarily pin that on the airplane or the F1 GTN...  I think the way v5 interacts with the DX12 drivers with different windows open is still buggy even after the hotfix (at least, that is the common thread I see).

Actually, one other issue I see with the Turbine Duke is that the weights and balances don't seem to be right; with loads that would have been fine in v4, the CG is way forward in v5. Anyone else seeing that?  I had to compensate by pretending I had 300lb of baggage sitting in the rearmost passenger seats.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

32 minutes ago, guibru said:

Yes, if you are comfortable editing the registry. I just made a dummy v4 registry entry that points to the my v5 installation location. The installer recognizes v4 being installed and worked without a hitch.

s4lJZrF.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

I ran the installer when it got to the page of what sim to install to all options were greyed out so i clicked on next and was able to install into My P3d V5 folder. did that for Both Duke versions

Been flying the Duke all day.

Good Luck 

Brian

• Like 1

6 hours ago, byronp said:

I ran the installer when it got to the page of what sim to install to all options were greyed out so i clicked on next and was able to install into My P3d V5 folder. did that for Both Duke versions

Been flying the Duke all day.

Good Luck 

Brian

This works but without the registry entry I don't think you are able to use the configuration utility. 

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Don't mean to go off topic, but is there anyone who knows how to....

ADD AUTOTHROTTLE TO THE DUKE TURBINE?

I've changed the 0 to 1 in the aircraft config for autothrottle, but that didn't work.  I've read that a gauge is necessary, but maybe someone has done this successfully to any plane that didn't have it, and found a way to make it work.

The autopilot on the Turbine works great, but the speed can easily get away from you if you're not "babysitting" the plane.

Thanks in advance.

Stan

32 minutes ago, spilok said:

Don't mean to go off topic, but is there anyone who knows how to....

ADD AUTOTHROTTLE TO THE DUKE TURBINE?

I've changed the 0 to 1 in the aircraft config for autothrottle, but that didn't work.  I've read that a gauge is necessary, but maybe someone has done this successfully to any plane that didn't have it, and found a way to make it work.

The autopilot on the Turbine works great, but the speed can easily get away from you if you're not "babysitting" the plane.

Thanks in advance.

Stan

You bring it back to the dealer where you bought the plane and pay him $80.000  :happy:

This airplane needs pilot attention.. otherwise you might as well be flying the B60 Piston Duke.

• Upvote 1

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You bring it back to the dealer where you bought the plane and pay him $80.000  :happy:

This airplane needs pilot attention.. otherwise you might as well be flying the B60 Piston Duke.

Yes.  I figured that!  

Stan

On 5/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, vrdubin6 said:

Yes, if you are comfortable editing the registry. I just made a dummy v4 registry entry that points to the my v5 installation location. The installer recognizes v4 being installed and worked without a hitch.

s4lJZrF.jpg

hey, 

Would you please help me to do that ? I've just uninstall V4 to have all the space for a brand new clean V5 :) Dont really want to reinstall v4 :D