Hello All,

I'm looking to buy another North America scenery for P3D, and am trying to pick between Flightbeam KSFO and one of the Drzewiecki Design NY packages. I've own KDEN and KIAD as well as DD KORD, but I heard there was a makeover of KSFO in the works from an older FSElite article but I couildn't find anything newer. I saw this would not be free, but should I get KSFO anyway? Would it be a complete re-buy or just an upgrade?

Thanks and if you have other solutions they are more than welcome.

Stay safe,

Canine

Edited by Canine Crew

52 minutes ago, Canine Crew said:

Would it be a complete re-buy or just an upgrade?

No one will know until the pricing is announced.

The question to ask yourself:

Am I ok with paying full price for V2 now, and ok paying full price for V3 if there is no upgrade pricing? If yes, then purchase now. If not, then wait.

6 hours ago, Canine Crew said:

Hello All,

I'm looking to buy another North America scenery for P3D, and am trying to pick between Flightbeam KSFO and one of the Drzewiecki Design NY packages. I've own KDEN and KIAD as well as DD KORD, but I heard there was a makeover of KSFO in the works from an older FSElite article but I couildn't find anything newer. I saw this would not be free, but should I get KSFO anyway? Would it be a complete re-buy or just an upgrade?

Thanks and if you have other solutions they are more than welcome.

Stay safe,

Canine

I'd never have to think about choosing between a DD and FlightBeam product... Flightbeam is going to win that every time just because their products are the best in the market and DD are at best mediocre in my opinion.  KSFOHD is a work of art and although the real world gates have been renumbered there's still very few things I've found needing improvement.  I suspect the next upgrade will fix the gates but also take advantage of v5 materials.  In general, Flightbeam always provides a discount for owners upgrading from previous versions.  Go for it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Great Thanks! I really wanted to, FB are super talented and have the highest quality, and I'd be very happy to pay to support Mir and his great work.

KSFO it is!

2 hours ago, downscc said:

DD are at best mediocre in my opinion. 

Fair enough as its your opinion but mediocre is a bit much. Im very happy with the DD KDCA and I even came around on the DD Seattle. I was a taxi2gate SEA fan for the longest but the DD is actually really good and the only issue i have with it is the gate spacing at the N concourse but the KRNT and KPAE is beautiful. I personally would love DD to just focus on smaller airports like those and leave the big airports to the Flightbeams of the world but like I said DD does do a great job. Mediocre is what I would classify blueprint sceneries.

• Like 1

Right. Considering that FB would likely give an upgrade from KSFOv2 it looks like the best choice. I'd rather not re-buy totally, but I am happy with paying the upgrade. Also, KSFO is just quite cool, with the parallel approaches, and the facts that DD separate KEWR and KJFK is kind of a lot of money. Considering the other airports I have, KSFO makes the best choice I think. 

Edited by Canine Crew

9 hours ago, Canine Crew said:

Flightbeam KSFO

You simply can't go wrong with Flightbeam. In my view Mir is on the top of the tops in scenery design and development.
And the KSFOv3 is one of the best addon airports I have ever used flightsimming. 😎👍

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Rafal said:

You simply can't go wrong with Flightbeam. In my view Mir is on the top of the tops in scenery design and development.
And the KSFOv3 is one of the best addon airports I have ever used flightsimming. 😎👍

Wait is v3 out!? I thought it was v2...

Either way that's my choice. Gonna have to live with some not-too pretty New York textures for now..

and an 11/10 KSFO 🙂

27 minutes ago, Rafal said:

And the KSFOv3 is one of the best addon airports I have ever used

Beta tester or typo?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737NG said:

Beta tester or typo?

Thoughtless rewriter from the thread's title. 🤭

And FB still on stayhome discount... I just bought the remaining titles to get them all 😉

Cheers

T.

1 hour ago, Canine Crew said:

Right. Considering that FB would likely give an upgrade from KSFOv2 it looks like the best choice. I'd rather not re-buy totally, but I am happy with paying the upgrade. Also, KSFO is just quite cool, with the parallel approaches, and the facts that DD separate KEWR and KJFK is kind of a lot of money. Considering the other airports I have, KSFO makes the best choice I think. 

FWIW, I bought DD's NY airport package which includes KEWR because I really wanted KEWR. However, I don't fly into KEWR often at all because if I'm honest, this one is just mediocre at best, as Dan said. I can't comment on other DD airports, but KEWR's terminals to me almost look like default scenery level. Sitting at the gate, there is no detail whatsoever and it looks really lifeless and bland. The apron, taxiways and runways are better though. Overall, I'm disappointed with my purchase there if I'm honest.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Sfo v3 is out? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Honestly flying in or out of FB's KSFO overlaid on MegaScenery Cali is soooo immersive.  One of the best P3D experiences for me.  

cheers, 

• Upvote 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating