Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

This is why we need 2 different sims

50 minutes ago, virtuali said:

A realistic representation of what a pilot would see with his own eye would probably something in between the two.

The X-Plane version looks more like the effect of a video camera compensating for low light so, it's more similar to an aviation video, but not so much to what you, as a pilot, would see in real life. The cross-screen effect surely is not something you see, unless you put such filter on the camera lens. Great for YouTubers, of course.

And, of course, the P3D V5 video uses default lights, while in X-Plane two separate add-ons have been used to improve lights: "Reshade" and "Better Street Lights"

Umberto,

Those look like FTXG 3 lights in the P3D v5 video.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

And you have only seen YT-Videos so far. Looks like a case of tie at the moment 🙂

This thread is going to be more fun than I thought. Thanks for your useless post.

5 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

In this video the XP lighting is over the top and not realistic looking.  If reshade allows for turning down the light flare then XP would be more realistic.

As I stated Reshade allows you to customize the glow effect.

14 minutes ago, Branimir said:

You are right, haven't started the night rating yet. But daylight lightning looks fantastic!

I have seen all kinds of night lighting IRL from above and bellow the clouds, in major cities, and tropical destinations and I can assure you that depending on time, weather, season, they will look slightly different.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Umberto,

FTXG3 doesn´t work in p3dv5

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

14 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Umberto,

No idea what they are, they don't look too different than default. I think most of the work in XP is done by Reshade ( which I think could be used in any sim ), and it's probably doing too much.

You should edit the post to mention that's not how x-plane looks by default. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(Hi DJ!)

So. . . . .  As a newcomer to P3D (v4), how does one achieve a similar effect in P3D?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

The XP lights are not realistic ..,

If you would have that kind of nightlighting in reality you would need 2 pair of sunglasses over eachother at night ...🥳

P3Dv4.5 on my pc’s ( December )

Black%20Marble%20+%20Ext%20Lights.jpg

EHAM%20night%20res.jpg

I have not started working on the V5 shaders yet, so no screenshots yet..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

57 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This thread is going to be more fun than I thought. Thanks for your useless post.

Haha, you devalue someone's opinion because they haven't flown at night yet. But your opinion is better because you have seen a Youtube video... Now that was some useless posting by you.

Take it from someone with a few thousand hours of night flying into and out of both small and major airports... That XP11 video is not accurate at all, nor very realistic. I'm sure it can be with the right addons and presets and what not, but then again, so can P3D. 

Honestly, no flight sim has done night flying any justice yet in my opinion.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Paul J said:

(Hi DJ!)

So. . . . .  As a newcomer to P3D (v4), how does one achieve a similar effect in P3D?

Hey Buddy,

How have you been?

ORBX FTX Global 3D light tweaker will change color and sixe of lights. You can use PTA to further tweak. I recommend Gerards PTA presets. Reshade can be installed into P3D, but I prefer PTA. PM me if you need help.

That's not how X-Plane looks.

The video has some hideous Re-shade preset enabled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Prpn said:

Haha, you devalue someone's opinion because they haven't flown at night yet. But your opinion is better because you have seen a Youtube video... Now that was some useless posting by you.

Take it from someone with a few thousand hours of night flying into and out of both small and major airports... That XP11 video is not accurate at all, nor very realistic. I'm sure it can be with the right addons and presets and what not, but then again, so can P3D. 

Honestly, no flight sim has done night flying any justice yet in my opinion.

You devalued me an my opinion. That's why I devalued your post.

If you are happy with your sim, then that's good for you. The purpose of the thread is to help some users experience a better sim. It's not for everyone.

Just now, flightskyc said:

That's not how X-Plane looks.

The video has some hideous Re-shade preset enabled.

There are plenty of XP11 videos with different night lighting configurations. You do not have to choose Reshade.

BTW, this is a sim NOT real life!

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Has anyone noticed the pauses on approach in the P3D v5 video?

Saddly, I did. Haven't made to move to v5 and this doesn't help. Sigh. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)