Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

This is why we need 2 different sims

Oops, double post

Edited by odourboy

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

The XP lights are not realistic ..,

If you would have that kind of nightlighting in reality you would need 2 pair of sunglasses over eachother at night ...🥳

P3Dv4.5 on my pc’s ( December )

I have not started working on the V5 shaders yet, so no screenshots yet..

Here's how XP 11 looks on my screen:

MLVhuSc.png

lFymUN0.png

Jose

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Jose, that is much closer to what we really see at night. Nice job. 

• Like 2

Chris

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Unfortunately, this is how your XP11 looks on our screens (and this is looking fine to me)

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Too much post-processing or not, I personally find XP rendition of airport night lighting much closer to really, with the taxiways lighting, center lines, and much more.

Furthermore, since XP9 at least, X-Plane is taking in account the RWY angle to view to dim the lights so that you only see the RWY lights on each side of the runway only if it is facing you, which is true to life if I'm not mistaken.

You can see the nearly perpendicular lighting in Prepar3d in this shot, which I suppose you shouldn't be able to IRL:

EHAM%20night%20res.jpg

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Xplane nightlighting is superior to P3D. No matter how much money you throw at addons or shader tweaks. 

Unfortunately, many shader mods in XPLANE11 make too much use of various bloom effects.

• Upvote 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

X-Plane does a lot of things really, really well. They just need to do something about the weather, then I've run out of excuses to move over. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

The XP11 video instantly reminded of this:

Close Encounters of the Third Kind | The Best Picture Project
image.jpg

XP night lighting is well ahead of P3D. I've tried many add-ons to attempt to get a more realistic looking nighttime. None have come close.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

MLVhuSc.png

lFymUN0.png

Jose

That looks way better than the vid 😄

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Folks - this is the P3D forum. If you want to talk about XP go to the XP forum. However it is a good discussion so unless someone gets snarky I'll let it continue but let's not get into the "mine is better than yours" discussion.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

To me the pauses in the P3D video caught my attention more than the lights.  

• Like 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

There are plenty of XP11 videos with different night lighting configurations. You do not have to choose Reshade.

Also, the video in question uses a modified version of lights.txt downloaded from the .org to enhance the lighting, not just Reshade. I modify my lights.txt too as the one one available on .org is overdone in my opinion. Combined with reshade, the effect in the video is way overdone. Intense bloom is usually more of a cinematic or photographic effect than what one experiences through their own eyes (unless you have bad cataracts). Just because you see intense bloom in some videos and photos, doesn't mean it looks like that to the human eye. Cameras often over expose night scenes too. Having said that, I do think X-Plane 11's lighting does look more realistic than P3D with thoughtful edits to the lights.txt and a lua script.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, SAX702 said:

To me the pauses in the P3D video caught my attention more than the lights.  

Yup, one of the reasons XP holds my attention more, stutters like that, that just can’t seem to be rid of, even in P3DV5, where they are greatly reduced, they’re still there. 

Great video's by the way.  I enjoyed the flights. I have both sims but not the P3DV5 yet, I'm using P3DV4.5+ and XP11.5+.

I will offer this to add to the discussion.  I prefer the XP version but with toned down lighting somewhat.  There are several tools available where you can even with a simple click while flying make lighting adjustment in XP11.5+.  That shown in the video has been adjusted by reshade presets of some nature.  Personally I have lighting turned down somewhere in between the two videos and XP matches more what I see in reality in my view.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy
  • Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

XP night lighting wins hands down, and there is absolutely no contest. That video does display OTT lighting in XP (via PP) but I would take that over P3D's drab, ancient looking output any day of the week. I don't do night flying very often, but when I do in will always be in XP 😎

• Like 2