Sign in to follow this  
Flying Kiwi

No Night Lighting in C310R Redux

I am currently doing a flight in this plane, and it's a pretty enjoyable aircraft to fly, but the sun has set and I find I have no night lighting! No cabin lights, no instrument lights, nada. I cannot see my instruments, which is a rather serious problem. There's some lighting around the GPS, but that's all. I have tried adjusting the knobs on the side that appear to change the light settings, but it makes no difference. There is no dome light switch anywhere that I can see (and the manual only mentions the adjustable knobs, making no reference to any other interior light switch). I've also tried looking at the manual and searching this and other forums for a solution, but while I have found some threads on similar issues in the C310 Redux and other Milviz planes, none of them appear to contain any kind of clear solution to the problem.

So, is there actually a solution, and if so, what might that be, please? The simulator I am using for this flight is Prepar3D V4.5. Many thanks in advance for any en-light-enment you can provide.

I believe you can click on the compass housing mounted above the dash to get the dome lights to come on.  As for your other lighting problem(s), I will defer to someone else.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Support forums please.  In order to access them, please contact oisin at milviz dot com with your proof of purchase.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

5 hours ago, Milviz said:

Support forums please.  In order to access them, please contact oisin at milviz dot com with your proof of purchase.

I thought this was supposed to be a support forum for Milviz planes right here. If there is a solution for this issue, why can't it be given here? Why is it necessary to jump through extra hoops to get help with this bug? Not very customer-friendly, IMO. Besides, I'm not the first person to have had an issue with internal lighting on your planes, and probably won't be the last, so why not just post a fix right here that anyone using your products can easily find in future?

Edited by Flying Kiwi

Because our products are continually pirated and this is the one way we can be certain that people who get help are actually paying customers.  There's ONE hoop.  Mail Osh with your proof of purchase and you're in.  Super easy and not hard at all.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:27 AM, Milviz said:

Because our products are continually pirated and this is the one way we can be certain that people who get help are actually paying customers.  There's ONE hoop.  Mail Osh with your proof of purchase and you're in.  Super easy and not hard at all.

Fully understand, but then please ask Avsim to change the forum's title. It reads "the Milviz Support Forum".  It's a no contest request....

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere