Sign in to follow this  
Lokote1998

It looks like MSFS is still planned for a 2020 release

In this Xbox article released today, they talk about things that are coming in 2020. They mention MSFS in one of them.

(This is my first topic, sorry If I did something wrong.)

So, what is in store for 2020?

This is a momentous year for Xbox, with our next-gen console paving the way for all our games and services to come together in even better ways. Here’s what 2020 looks like, just to start:

• For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator.

(I'm only posting this because I have seen some people speculating that It's impossible for MSFS to release this year.)

Edited by Lokote1998
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 2

The real problem will be the global economy and whether anyone was money to spend on non-essentials. (Cue the person who thinks video games are essential)🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are starting May, and if I remember correctly, there are a couple of aircrafts missing apart of the 747 (The acrobatic one and the business jet). Also, they keep working on fixing all other stuff while people try the alpha. 

I don’t know why some people think this game can’t be released this year, but I don’t think beta is far away. Considering some things will be included after release...

Pd: not NDA break, I’m not in the alpha. Just talking about the public screenshots. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Beta shouldn't be too far away now.

How long is the Beta stage compared to the Alpha? Is it much longer or much shorter?

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The real problem will be the global economy and whether anyone was money to spend on non-essentials.

I think large parts of the entertainment industry are doing very well from the current situation. I'm sure we are not alone, but we are spending far less overall at the moment and therefore have more disposable income for gaming, films, subscriptions, or whatever, should we wish too. Obviously that is not the case for all, and it depends on the country you live in, and the benefits afforded to you.

• Like 1

Does this mean we will have to buy a xBox to run the new version?

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

47 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

Does this mean we will have to buy a xBox to run the new version?

Jim Driskell

"For PC players, we plan to support the community by making all our major releases at launch available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, including Halo Infinite, Wasteland 3, Minecraft Dungeons and of course, Microsoft Flight Simulator". 😉 

"XBox Game Pass" is only one of the methods of purchase game for PC. So you do not need Xbox.

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 1

After reading this, I'm thinking the May "Save The Date" is the public beta release, or announcement of it being released shortly after.  I have already started buying controller hardware to prepare for this game.  I have already owned the Hotas Warthog for years, but I just bought the MFDs, a Hotas stand, and now possibily looking at instrument panel items.  I do not think VR will happen at launch for this game due to the steep hardware requirements, imagine trying to run this game on two simultaneous instances at a resolution greater than 1080p and at 90fps!  So, building a little cockpit in the meantime may still be the way to go. 

Edited by Heli

I wonder if the MS 2020 final release will be offered as download exe files?  I don't care how big...

I just hope and pray it's not a another disc set again!

Edited by overspeed3

2 hours ago, Heli said:

I'm thinking the May "Save The Date" is the public beta release,

The Save the Date thing was April, not May. We already got it, it was the system specs.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, overspeed3 said:

I wonder if the MS 2020 final release will be offered as download exe files?  I don't care how big...

I just hope and pray it's not a another disc set again!

Not sure how many titles you've been playing recently, but quite recently a platform called Steam made an appearance. Other similar digital vendors exist - basically you download the games through them.

Physical distribution is still likely going to be an option but in a world where games are patched sometimes every week you will almost certainly still be connecting with a digital vendor, even with a physical copy.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

19 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Not sure how many titles you've been playing recently, but quite recently a platform called Steam made an appearance. Other similar digital vendors exist - basically you download the games through them.

Physical distribution is still likely going to be an option but in a world where games are patched sometimes every week you will almost certainly still be connecting with a digital vendor, even with a physical copy.

Most likely any physical PC version will just have a product key in the box that you redeem in the Microsoft store. That is if they even do a physical version.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

Not sure how many titles you've been playing recently, but quite recently a platform called Steam made an appearance.

If by recent you mean 16 years ago! 🙃

The sim will be available through Microsoft's online store, and maybe Steam as well (Microsoft has brought some their other flagship titles to Steam recently).

• Like 1