Sign in to follow this  
airbusa

[Resolved] P3DV5 Issues with visibility

Dear Simbol,

many thanks for converting your great program to V5.

If I use you preview functionality all looks great and same as in V4.

But directly in V5 (not preview mode) with weather on (OpusFSI, last Beat) the strobes, Navs are not visible from distance, only landing lights.

NAVs and Beacons are only visible if I am really in the near of the wing/aircraft, and I have already used Effect size + 200%.

Strobes are mostly visible from direct near (if the aircraft fly over you), but not in the same way as in you preview function and not from distance.
If I look to A330 of FSPXAI (newest version), the strobes position is within the wing, maybe that is the reason and the implemented effect is not that, what was chosen in you tool.

Can you check please what happend here.

Many thanks and best regards

Oliver

Just now, airbusa said:

Dear Simbol,

many thanks for converting your great program to V5.

If I use you preview functionality all looks great and same as in V4.

But directly in V5 (not preview mode) with weather on (OpusFSI, last Beat) the strobes, Navs are not visible from distance, only landing lights.

NAVs and Beacons are only visible if I am really in the near of the wing/aircraft, and I have already used Effect size + 200%.

Strobes are mostly visible from direct near (if the aircraft fly over you), but not in the same way as in you preview function and not from distance.
If I look to A330 of FSPXAI (newest version), the strobes position is within the wing, maybe that is the reason and the implemented effect is not that, what was chosen in you tool.

Can you check please what happend here.

Many thanks and best regards

Oliver

Are you using FSAReborn scaling techniques or default? also are you suing Enhance Atmospherics (Beta) or not?

S.

dear simbol,

enhanced A. beta on

scaling technique optimzed for full hd, because my projector has 1920x 1080.

best regards

oliver

22 minutes ago, airbusa said:

dear simbol,

enhanced A. beta on

scaling technique optimzed for full hd, because my projector has 1920x 1080.

best regards

oliver

Ok is this happening only to FSPAIX or all airplanes? can you turn off Exchanced A. and see what happens..

S.

not so easy to find airport with traffic, but zggg have some

not only fspxai, also faib etc.

i switch off enhanced a. beta, fine for strobes, they are visible like in v4 times.

but no navlights and no beacon lights (except fspxai, they have navlights, but very small)

rhanks for help.

best regards oliver

1 hour ago, airbusa said:

not so easy to find airport with traffic, but zggg have some

not only fspxai, also faib etc.

i switch off enhanced a. beta, fine for strobes, they are visible like in v4 times.

but no navlights and no beacon lights (except fspxai, they have navlights, but very small)

rhanks for help.

best regards oliver

It sounds like your AI traffic is not fully configured, be sure all AI models are reported as "supported" selecting the V5 drop down menu under the AILRP GUI.

If this is the case, it is posible there is a limitation of the Beta Enhanced atmospherics and the way the weather is being injected by your realtime weather engine (maybe there is haze, or visibility restrictions being injected). So can you test using the default weather themes? 

Regards.

Simbol

Edited by simbol

Hi Simbol,

so some tests results, no weather injection, no true sky; all aircraft configurated correctly according your protocol in V5:

FSPXAI B77L (Cargo) runs perfect, strobe, nav, beacons fine
FSPXAI B789 strobe perfect, nav smaller than B77L, no beacon
Effects are embetted in model, no entry in aircraft.cfg

FAIB B763 strobe perfect, no nav, no beacon
effect in aircraft.cfg fx_fsreborn_XXXXX2892 (with XXXXX for beacon, ...Oliver

FAIB A320 same as 763, strobe fine, rest no
effect number is 2836 (in V4 it was 2803)

Hope that help to find the problem.

Have a good evening.

Best regards

Oliver

5 minutes ago, airbusa said:

Hi Simbol,

so some tests results, no weather injection, no true sky; all aircraft configurated correctly according your protocol in V5:

FSPXAI B77L (Cargo) runs perfect, strobe, nav, beacons fine
FSPXAI B789 strobe perfect, nav smaller than B77L, no beacon
Effects are embetted in model, no entry in aircraft.cfg

FAIB B763 strobe perfect, no nav, no beacon
effect in aircraft.cfg fx_fsreborn_XXXXX2892 (with XXXXX for beacon, ...Oliver

FAIB A320 same as 763, strobe fine, rest no
effect number is 2836 (in V4 it was 2803)

Hope that help to find the problem.

Have a good evening.

Best regards

Oliver

Oliver.

When you say they are configured correctly, are these models reported in the AILRP reports with all their lights present? regarding the effects numbers they are different on each computer and system.. so that doesn't help much :)..

Are you setting your beacons and navs bigger in your settings? it could be a matter of the need to make them bigger.. 

Another question I have is, what program are you using to inject these AI models? I just tested the FAIB A320 all works fine on my end using UTL as the injector.. and also on my preview module. So I am wondering if the light states are not being set correctly.. if these models work correctly in the preview module where I do set the light states, then it means the effects are active and working as expected, but the other side of the history is what is controlling the traffic.. is it FLAI? is it VATSIM? is it custom .BGLs? what are you using to inject the traffic in your V5 simulator?

S.

restored all old effects, beacon, nav and strobe lights are visible, not so nice as your effects of course

maybe that help too for error finding.

so your program say is configured correctly (fully, not partiualy), all the models listed above from the tests.

beacon/Nav -> +150% in effect size, dynamic size and intensity, Texture color untouched

In your preview module all lights are fine.

Strange is, if I restore to standard effects all runs fine.

I use PSXSEECON Traffic in combination with RealTraffic.

i will test tomorrow a own designed BGL file.

Have a good night

Oliver

26 minutes ago, airbusa said:

so your program say is configured correctly (fully, not partiualy), all the models listed above from the tests.

beacon/Nav -> +150% in effect size, dynamic size and intensity, Texture color untouched

In your preview module all lights are fine.

Strange is, if I restore to standard effects all runs fine.

I use PSXSEECON Traffic in combination with RealTraffic.

i will test tomorrow a own designed BGL file.

Have a good night

Oliver

Oliver,

I think maybe there is a conflict with effects.. similar to what happens with FLAI where it declares an entry for effects via their .xml method. Check that you do not have any other add-on.xml with an effect tag that could interfere with AI Models that has their effects attached via the .MDL.

S.

Have created a own bgl file for lufthansa (many different types), all runs well, so i think i have to contact developer "kiek" for psxseecontraffic, maybe due to the change to P3DV5 he has to update the status for NAV and Beacon lights in his software

Many thanks for your great support, now we know you program works perfect.

BG Oliver

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, airbusa said:

Have created a own bgl file for lufthansa (many different types), all runs well, so i think i have to contact developer "kiek" for psxseecontraffic, maybe due to the change to P3DV5 he has to update the status for NAV and Beacon lights in his software

Many thanks for your great support, now we know you program works perfect.

BG Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for letting me know, if you need anything else on this subject write back here and I will re-open the ticket.

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 1