Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Comparison

56 minutes ago, Deleted said:

I'm just surprised by this thread, is this just a joke?

i think the same, although I'm surprised that many took it seriously.

Cheap bait .-

• Like 1

It looks very good to me. Imagery colours depends on months... Have you ever seen p3d v5 terrain?:) looks like fs 2004 era.

Uygar

Best Regards

6 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Ortho4xp taught me how inconsistent the scenery based on aerial imagery can get. I hope Asobo has something clever up their sleeve to deal with the shortcomings of the inconsistent imagery data. I know it's going to be far from perfect with the data they have to work with but it will probably get better over time.

You are right. It looks very good to me. Imagery colours depends on months... Have you ever seen p3d v5 terrain?:) looks like fs 2004 era.

Uygar

Best Regards

As mentioned already, the aerial imagery in Google or Bing or any provider come with a wide range of variation ranging from the season when it was taken, the resolution / quality, cloud coverage, noise, color glitches etc... 

The Bing version is not from the same season and speaking of seasons, when I saw it for the first time, I thought that the hues are dynamically tuned to simulate the fall season... The environment plugin that does this real time in the other sim came to mind when I saw this one, but I don't think it is the case...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

If the OP wouldn't have specified 2nd pic was MSFS, I swear I would have taken it for a real photo.

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

8 hours ago, Captain747 said:

I don't know about you guys but the difference is clearly noticeable...specially in the depiction of the colours ...notice how in the real areal photo the land vegetation is lush and vivid green and also the ocean water looks deeply and vivid blue.  Hopefully these things will be corrected, even though I highly doubt that they will.

Oh well...I guess this where the add-on developers will have their chance...because there are clearly lots of improvements to be made scenery wise and also in other areas, this is of course taking into consideration that the whole sim is still in its development stage.

That being said...even if these scenery shortcomings don't get corrected in the end...the default scenery is by far and large a thousand times better then any current default scenery in the current sims!...and that is a proven fact

I must be looking at two different images.

I thought the Microsoft Flight Simulator image looks great. Of course photogrammetry has its merits but also it's downsides as well and all the more remarkable that MFS can get so close using it's Azure AI solutions. The colours are clearly showing a different season, there are plenty of examples where you get more vibrant summer textures in Bing than you do in google, so its part 'n' parcel of the mapping suppliers and when they can provide imagery.

I think Asobo have done a fantastic job, MFS looks very natural to me and I would be delighted to fly to Ibiza and Corfu and all the other amazing islands in the med if they are like this.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1

I like the game picture more than Google.

Clearly the second picture (sim) wins in this case. Very forced colors in the google image. Agree that the development team did an awesome job there,

16 hours ago, Captain747 said:

I don't know about you guys but the difference is clearly noticeable...specially in the depiction of the colours ...notice how in the real areal photo the land vegetation is lush and vivid green and also the ocean water looks deeply and vivid blue.  Hopefully these things will be corrected, even though I highly doubt that they will.

Fortunately real life doesn't look like fortnite.

• Upvote 1