Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Does anybody fly the Aerosoft CRJ Pro?

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

-The lack of an autothrottle (cheat) stinks - I asked for one.  

That is a pretty crazy thing to complain about. If the real plane does not have an autothrottle, it would be madness to expect the dev to add one to the plane!

Edit: I was initially bemused by the concept of this complaint, but on further reflection it occurs to me that your best path forward is to complain to Bombardier - or even better, directly to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - and try to pressure them to add an autothrottle to the real plane, and THEN insist that Aerosoft update their CRJ Pro.

Website: https://www.mhi.com/mitsubishi-heavy-industries-ltd-global-website

Who you need to contact: Seiji Izumisawa (don't have his direct email, but just ask at the link above)

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

27 minutes ago, Branimir said:

Aerosoft CRJ is my favorite aircraft. It feels so good when you perfectly fly it from A to B and you realize that you were actually doing something the whole flight.

It is also a very good aircraft to learn the AP modes and how they work. It helps you understand the modes of the autopilots that are automatically managed (AP of 737 or A320).

That is a big call, Branimir. Well, I've gone and bought it now, as it does have some fans here. 

Someone mentioned using this in v5 earlier in the thread. Is there any trick in getting this to work?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

9 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

That is a pretty crazy thing to complain about. If the real plane does not have an autothrottle, it would be madness to expect the dev to add one to the plane!

What else would you complain to the dev about? 😂

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

While I'm trying to master other medium to complex systems-simulated aircraft, I put the CRJ Pro from Aerosoft on my wishlist. This will be a sure buy for me in the following weeks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You need some time to get used to CRJ and after some flights you get the autothrottle - your hand 😄  You stop thinking about throttle after some flight because it becomes subconscious.

I was flying the Aerosoft CRJ constantly for more than a year. Funny thing after flying the CRJ is that you always think that you "forgot something" when you fly jets like 737, A320...

Edited by Branimir

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

What's great about it? People aren't complaining about the lack of autothrottle, we understand that the CRJ doesn't have an autothrottle.

Jeez, doesn't anybody actually bother to read a post before whining about it?!

I did not write people 'ARE' complaining about it because of it not having an autothrottle, I wrote that 'a lot of the complaints about it WERE..'. Were, as in past tense, i.e. complaining about an issue in the past, when it came out as its 700/900 version. That is to say the mud from the launch of the preceding 700/900 version, which the developers definitely @rsed up, in addition to those issues people had with not having a 'press a button and go' aeroplane where everything is automated, has definitely stuck and tarnished the product's perception. But some of the way Aerosoft has handled matters has not helped either...

It does undeniably have some issues, but they are not showstoppers, so it is still fun to fly. But further to my previous comment about Aerosoft not handling the launch fiasco of the 700/900 well, I think it is outrageous that they then released a tarted up version of the same product and had the gall to charge people whom they really messed about who bought their previously arsed up version, for them to 'upgrade' to a version they've had a stab at fixing. In general, I think Aerosoft are pretty fair, but that decision to charge 700/900 customers for 'upgrading' to the 'Pro' version, really was taking the p*ss and they ought to be ashamed of themselves for that.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

25 minutes ago, edpatino said:

While I'm trying to master other medium to complex systems-simulated aircraft, I put the CRJ Pro from Aerosoft on my wishlist. This will be a sure buy for me in the following weeks.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

If you already own the CRJ X and can upgrade to the Pro version for $25 I'd do it. Much better airplane and most everything works except as noted in this thread. AP controlled turns and LOC tracking still need to be tuned.

But full price? Nope. Wait for a sale.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

10 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Every once in a while I'm tempted to buy this, considering I owned the version for FSX and could get it now for $26, but reviews like this one always lead me to delete it from my shopping cart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R-jaTaxBtg

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

What's great about it? People aren't complaining about the lack of autothrottle, we understand that the CRJ doesn't have an autothrottle.

Check the video I linked above. THAT is what people are wondering about. For example, it seems you can start the engines any which way you want. Hardly "professional".

Things like this... @Branimir@Prpn@ahsmatt7, you're all flying the plane, or are training to do so. Would you please have a look at this video and tell us how right or wrong this reviewer is? Because honestly, from what I understand about this plane and the way I have been starting the engines, I'm pretty sure you do not need to turn off the packs or recirc fan manually. The FADEC will control all this automatically. Therefore, can we trust his comments with regards to other things of this product? I wouldn't be surprised if the FADEC would also regulate the fuel flow into the engine, regardless of the position of the throttle lever, to ensure you don't blow up the engine. After all, this is not an MD80... But, I'm just a flightsimmer! I'd like to hear this stuff from the pilots.

Youtube videos can be great to get a good idea of what the plane looks like, but when it comes to the systems and flight dynamics, I will only take the word of an actual pilot. I don't know who Ronnie Wainscott is (the guy who produced that video), but he doesn't strike me as a pilot of the type?

6 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

-I keep all my products up-to-date.

-LNAV issue, for me, appears mainly during SID when you are required to intercept a radial/course from a HDG.

-I have no issues "capturing" the LOC.  Autopilot has issues tracking the LOC in a stiff crosswind.

-I don't fly this plane that often because of the lack of cheat.  (No fault/blame of Aerosoft)  I guess I should clarify that I requested a "speed hold cheat."

Such an option is available to most airplanes (like the Flysimware FA50, also no speed hold/autothrottle).  In the aircraft cfg file you change "autothrottle=1" and set a keyboard or joystick button in the sim's assignments.  When the aircraft reaches your desired speed and you select that assigned button, the airplane will maintain that speed.  It does not work for this airplane however.  Wilco also had that custom feature in it's early versions of RJs.  

Thanks for the clarifications! I tend to follow the ATC vectors rather than follow SIDs and STARs, so make sense I wouldn't experience that, same with the drifting on crosswind. usually I disconnect the autopilot and bring her in manually anyway.

I agree with @Chock's assessment here. I feel Aerosoft is to blame for how they handled the business aspect of it, but I like the plane itself. Glad to see there are enough people that seem to agree!

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

25 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Hi Ed,

If you already own the CRJ X and can upgrade to the Pro version for $25 I'd do it. Much better airplane and most everything works except as noted in this thread. AP controlled turns and LOC tracking still need to be tuned.

But full price? Nope. Wait for a sale.

Hi Jay:

Thanks for your input. It certainly is on the expensive side. I do not own the CRJ X.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

40 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Things like this... @Branimir@Prpn@ahsmatt7, you're all flying the plane, or are training to do so. Would you please have a look at this video and tell us how right or wrong this reviewer is? Because honestly, from what I understand about this plane and the way I have been starting the engines, I'm pretty sure you do not need to turn off the packs or recirc fan manually. The FADEC will control all this automatically. Therefore, can we trust his comments with regards to other things of this product? I wouldn't be surprised if the FADEC would also regulate the fuel flow into the engine, regardless of the position of the throttle lever, to ensure you don't blow up the engine. After all, this is not an MD80... But, I'm just a flightsimmer! I'd like to hear this stuff from the pilots.

Youtube videos can be great to get a good idea of what the plane looks like, but when it comes to the systems and flight dynamics, I will only take the word of an actual pilot. I don't know who Ronnie Wainscott is (the guy who produced that video), but he doesn't strike me as a pilot of the type?

Thanks for the clarifications! I tend to follow the ATC vectors rather than follow SIDs and STARs, so make sense I wouldn't experience that, same with the drifting on crosswind. usually I disconnect the autopilot and bring her in manually anyway.

I agree with @Chock's assessment here. I feel Aerosoft is to blame for how they handled the business aspect of it, but I like the plane itself. Glad to see there are enough people that seem to agree!

I am not a pilot yet and I have very little real life experiences with the real CRJ and all I know about FADEC is that CRJ700/900/1000 indeed have a FADEC but CRJ100/200 do not have it. CRJ100/200 has only three positions - SHUT OFF, IDLE and MAX POWER.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

I too love the CRJ. I actually stared flying a long time ago to be on a CRJ with Comair (dating myself here). How did you guys get it to work in v5?

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

I agree with @Chock

After watching the video, a few of things. FADEC stands Full AUTHORITY Engine Control. This system literally controls every aspect of the engine. It controls fuel flow, fan speeds and will even shut the engine down as a precautionary measure if it needs to. Oh, and if there is a flameout, it will try to relight the engine automatically.

You're right about the packs not needing to be switched off manually. The engine start logic will always turn the PRSOV (pack valves) off when the pilot pushes the associated start/stop button on the overhead. You also don't need to turn the recirc fan off. I think he was doing that to showcase the engine start up sounds. 

Secondly, you won't be getting master caution dings when starting the engine if you're doing it right...which he did when he started engine 2. I don't know what that was about. I didn't get a chance to study the EICAS thoroughly enough.

Also just a heads up, the GEN switches stay in AUTO all the time in normal ops. They shouldn't be switched to OFF. Not even when terminating the airplane back to cold and dark. The only time you should be touching those is when directed by the QRH. 

Regarding the number 1 engine start. Like he mentioned, it looks like these engines in this add-on will start up whatever way and not throw any caution messages your way. The FADEC may very well handle a start like that. In my experience though, I have had the FADEC throw up an ABORT START EICAS message when the thrust lever is moved to the idle detent before 20% n2. It's not an all the time thing...some airplanes are more finicky I suppose.

I have ample time in all three variants.

The 7 and 9 are much nicer airplanes than the 2. 

Edited by ahsmatt7
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

13 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I too love the CRJ. I actually stared flying a long time ago to be on a CRJ with Comair (dating myself here). How did you guys get it to work in v5?

Cheers,

Pete

Edit the registry to trick the installer into thinking it's installing to v4, when it's actually installing to v5. Follow instructions in the comments in link below.

I've made several flights with the CRJ in v5 and it mostly works well. The only issues I've gotten so far are CTDs such as Kernelbase32.dll and q2d.dll although they don't occur frequently. I use autosave FSUIPC and just reload if it crashes, it saves the panel state and FMC perfectly (usually). Also the cockpit lights don't work though you can use the new flashlight  (\ key) as a workaround; the gauges and switches still light up.

I'm pretty happy with how it works in v5 and God knows when an official installer will finally be released... months from now??

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Edit: I was initially bemused by the concept of this complaint, but on further reflection it occurs to me that your best path forward is to complain to Bombardier - or even better, directly to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - and try to pressure them to add an autothrottle to the real plane, and THEN insist that Aerosoft update their CRJ Pro.

Website: https://www.mhi.com/mitsubishi-heavy-industries-ltd-global-website

Who you need to contact: Seiji Izumisawa (don't have his direct email, but just ask at the link above)

First and foremost, I didn't "complain".  I asked the DEV to consider adding a feature that would help when sim life and real life cross.  

Secondly this is a SIMULATOR - Simulate: to make a pretense of; feign. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Thirdly, I didn't ask for autothrottle, I asked for a speed hold cheat which, I again repeat, another DEVs have included in their products.

Fourthly, you do realize how many other "high end" DEV, include similar short cut features in their products?  Pause at TOD, the skip ahead, etc.  Just look through any PMDG or FSLabs FMS/MCDU

I could go on but If I read between the lines, you are merely disgruntled your precious aviation "career" only extents to your computer keyboard.  Gosh forbid somebody insult your plastic wings, empty dinning room chairs (maybe they are filled with stuffed animals) lined up behind you, and hat with an airplane silhouette.  Don't forget to iron your tie.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

After watching the video, a few of things. FADEC stands Full AUTHORITY Engine Control. This system literally controls every aspect of the engine. It controls fuel flow, fan speeds and will even shut the engine down as a precautionary measure if it needs to. Oh, and if there is a flameout, it will try to relight the engine automatically.

You're right about the packs not needing to be switched off manually. The engine start logic will always turn the PRSOV (pack valves) off when the pilot pushes the associated start/stop button on the overhead. You also don't need to turn the recirc fan off. I think he was doing that to showcase the engine start up sounds. 

Secondly, you won't be getting master caution dings when starting the engine if you're doing it right...which he did when he started engine 2. I don't know what that was about. I didn't get a chance to study the EICAS thoroughly enough.

Also just a heads up, the GEN switches stay in AUTO all the time in normal ops. They shouldn't be switched to OFF. Not even when terminating the airplane back to cold and dark. The only time you should be touching those is when directed by the QRH. 

Regarding the number 1 engine start. Like he mentioned, it looks like these engines in this add-on will start up whatever way and not throw any caution messages your way. The FADEC may very well handle a start like that. In my experience though, I have had the FADEC throw up an ABORT START EICAS message when the thrust lever is moved to the idle detent before 20% n2. It's not an all the time thing...some airplanes are more finicky I suppose.

I have ample time in all three variants.

The 7 and 9 are much nicer airplanes than the 2. 

Very informative, thank you! I'll just pretend that this is one of the less finicky planes that doesn't throw a caution when you advance the throttle levers to idle prematurely 😉 (Though, I don't typically do that anyway, so...)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case