Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Real Air Duke V2 and Duke Turbine

They don't make planes today like they used to.....just kidding, but.....

The Real Air Duke V2 (normally aspirated) and the Real Air Duke Turbine are incredible airplanes.  Just installed both today and they are best installed IMHO in the P3dv5 Addons folder where they were intended to go under Version 4.

They work beautifully and I love the "shake" on the tarmac when they start running.  I love the sound of the flaps and gear.  They fly so well and look sooooo good!  Very enjoyable aircraft that I've always loved.  I particularly enjoy the normally aspirated V2 of the Duke over the Turbine, but that's just me.

I hope that if you haven't installed these yet and you've used them before that you put them into our "new" sim....version 5 of P3d.

Stan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

one of my favorite runs is from kjac east over the mts. to an airport with the RealAir Legacy. It's an emergency run with med's, you never know what the weather will be

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

These were some of the first aircraft I installed into p3dv5, along with the excellent legacy.  They are truly amazing, so much fun to fly.  It will be a sad day when I move to a sim that they can’t be ported over to.

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I particularly enjoy the normally aspirated V2 of the Duke over the Turbine, but that's just me.

Agreed, it is my favourite Duke by far.  It was my first payware GA twin...I absolutely love the engine sounds.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I hope that if you haven't installed these yet and you've used them before that you put them into our "new" sim....version 5 of P3d.

Planning on a from ground zero new system build for the advent of MSFS 2020.  In the interim I just migrated to a higher performance  GPU from eBay (GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB to replace an MSI GTX 970 4GB).  Ran benchmark tests and see great results.  Now preparing (no pun intended) to install P3D for the first time with v5. What I needed to know was that from FSX I would be able to continue flying the RA Turbine Duke V2 (TDv2).  It is my goto....  Just hoping for a fix to landing and taxi lights for P3Dv5.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

44 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Planning on a from ground zero new system build for the advent of MSFS 2020.  In the interim I just migrated to a higher performance  GPU from eBay (GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB to replace an MSI GTX 970 4GB).  Ran benchmark tests and see great results.  Now preparing (no pun intended) to install P3D for the first time with v5. What I needed to know was that from FSX I would be able to continue flying the RA Turbine Duke V2 (TDv2).  It is my goto....  Just hoping for a fix to landing and taxi lights for P3Dv5.

I'm not sure, but I think you may be able to install it and point to your v5 addon folder in Documents. You have the Real Air files and serial numbers if needed, right? 

If someone else can reply to this, I'd be interested as well.

Stan

8 minutes ago, spilok said:

You have the Real Air files and serial numbers if needed, right? 

Absolutely!  I possess licenses for everything I use other than freeware airports.  I am seeing steps some have taken when moving to v5 from v4, but have seen little about first time use/installation of TDv2 Turbine Duke with only P3Dv5.

Still watching here to evaluate if I should wait for one more HF from LM.  For the likely few months until MSFS release just cannot see doing repetitive P3Dv5 do-overs (totally fresh installations).

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I installed the piston Duke V2 today. I had it in V4.5, uninstalled it and installed into V5 by just altering the digit "4" to a "5" in the installation path. Everything worked.

One thing though: The config wouldn't let me use my RXP GPS although I have installed it (for V4 and V5).

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

2 minutes ago, kaha said:

I installed the piston Duke V2 today. I had it in V4.5, uninstalled it and installed into V5 by just altering the digit "4" to a "5" in the installation path. Everything worked.

One thing though: The config wouldn't let me use my RXP GPS although I have installed it (for V4 and V5).

Karl

Send me a PM with your email address for RXP GPS instructions.

The RXP GPS 500 works nicely in the Piston Duke.

• Like 1

Bert

I am also in love with the RealAir Turbine Duke that I have used in FSX, P3D previous versions and I just installed it in P3Dv5, where I have already encountered two flights with the same problem.
After a perfect flight and approach on landing I cannot reduce the power of the engines and on both flights I have gone off the runway.
Does anyone know what this could be and how to solve it

Thank you
J J Gomez Prieto
IVAO 142928

I had my other half take a flight in it last night.  She loved it 😁

Luke Pype