Sign in to follow this  
Kgbow

An idea I've had for a while

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this.... but I've been thinking. 

With the release of MSFS2020 around the corner and the fact that I won't have to spend hundreds on scenery add ons. I think now it may be "worth while" to actually fly to every country on the planet.... so to speak. I usually fly for my VA. 737 all over Europe and sometimes transatlantic.. Now however, I've had this little idea cooking in my brain for a while and I'm seeking advice in terms of planning... buy my idea was... To fly from my home in the UK In an aircraft like the TBM? Or perhaps the C90? and fly to every country in the World. Is it even possible to do this without having to "cheat" a little in terms of traveling over the ocean? What would be the best way to plan such an endeavour? 

I'd like to fly to each country and add a decal on the side of the aircraft skin as I fly. To mark off my journey 🙂 I know it has to have been done before... if so or if anyone here has done this... what do you think? I think with the "default" scenery in MSFS2020 it now makes it ten times more interesting to actually "explore" the world. I plan on doing this in-between my usual routes for the VA

Cheers

Kirk

• Upvote 2

103903.png

It Is a very shallow idea, if you are looking for High End scenery you should stay away from streaming and instead download all the stages but that will be harsh for all the Planet. there will be tons and that Is many many lbs of video in YouTube of people flying into several Places of the Bing world so expect low quantity of followers to share and enjoy your idea, It doesn't seem that other simmers or let say gamers will see your aircraft custom livery, and since this Is a game i dont think there will be and hour Flight credential counter but the good point Is that maybe you could have endless fuel

7 hours ago, Kgbow said:

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to post this.... but I've been thinking. 

With the release of MSFS2020 around the corner and the fact that I won't have to spend hundreds on scenery add ons. I think now it may be "worth while" to actually fly to every country on the planet.... so to speak. I

Great idea. FS20 should allow, at last, an interesting world tour.

To help you draw a route with the TBM, here is a tool which might help

https://www.tbm.aero/range-finder/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Reminds me I have flown on a Cessna from US to Japan TWICE (Carenado 182RG and A2A172), over the Aleutian Islands, have't done with Atlantic though.

::https://skyvector.com/?ll=60.47166009146622,-33.94921874804496&chart=304&zoom=11&fpl= EGPO EKVG BIEG BIIS BGKK BGGH CYFB CYVP

Seems cross Atlantic can be done with hops under 450nml, but with extended overwater operation.

Might be my next project with PC12 then.

Edited by C2615

10 hours ago, mp15 said:

It Is a very shallow idea, if you are looking for High End scenery you should stay away from streaming and instead download all the stages but that will be harsh for all the Planet. there will be tons and that Is many many lbs of video in YouTube of people flying into several Places of the Bing world so expect low quantity of followers to share and enjoy your idea, It doesn't seem that other simmers or let say gamers will see your aircraft custom livery, and since this Is a game i dont think there will be and hour Flight credential counter but the good point Is that maybe you could have endless fuel

I don't plan on flying on multiplayer or even streaming it. Just me and my sim. If the scenery is as good as the alpha suggests then its TEN Times better than anything on the market as we speak. My internet could handle the streaming no problem so why do you think it would struggle? 

103903.png

On 5/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, C2615 said:

Reminds me I have flown on a Cessna from US to Japan TWICE (Carenado 182RG and A2A172), over the Aleutian Islands, have't done with Atlantic though.

::https://skyvector.com/?ll=60.47166009146622,-33.94921874804496&chart=304&zoom=11&fpl= EGPO EKVG BIEG BIIS BGKK BGGH CYFB CYVP

Seems cross Atlantic can be done with hops under 450nml, but with extended overwater operation.

Might be my next project with PC12 then.

I actually have done that with PC12 in P4D... while PC12 is well capable of going over 1500nm, it's quite fun to do a 400 hop in 2hrs pre day like that.

I started at pilatus's factory site, I think I'll then hop to Caribbean then heading to Asia again
TIM-20200514201418.png

• Like 1