Sign in to follow this  
BSV1191

[FFX 1.87 b04] Problem with fire type "Unknow"

Hello,

I noticed a recent problem that goes with the installation of ORBX Global: certain parts of land in the game are changed to "UNKNOWN" type. It does the same with a friend.

The problem with this is that when I start a fire on a plot type "unknown", as soon as the fire is at size 3, FireFighterX starts to slow down my P3D V4, I only shoot at 4 fps instead of 60 in normal times, and everything is jerky, in short unplayable.

Also, my friend who has the same scenery configs as me does not have this problem. It has an unknown size 3 fire, but P3D continues to rotate normally. Very weird ...

Thank you for your help in advance. 😉

Have a nice day.

Florent

51 minutes ago, BSV1191 said:

Hello,

I noticed a recent problem that goes with the installation of ORBX Global: certain parts of land in the game are changed to "UNKNOWN" type. It does the same with a friend.

The problem with this is that when I start a fire on a plot type "unknown", as soon as the fire is at size 3, FireFighterX starts to slow down my P3D V4, I only shoot at 4 fps instead of 60 in normal times, and everything is jerky, in short unplayable.

Also, my friend who has the same scenery configs as me does not have this problem. It has an unknown size 3 fire, but P3D continues to rotate normally. Very weird ...

Thank you for your help in advance. 😉

Have a nice day.

Florent

Hello,

with ORBX scenery a lot of the terrain is reported as "unkown", because they use their own terrain type definitions (which can't be queried from withing the simulator). As a consequence, FFX can no longer determine if a certain spot has flammable material in it or not, so it is constantly creating sensors in the sim to find a spot for the next fire elemental. In FFX you can turn off the terrain type recognition on the first page of the Settings: "Disable surface checks".

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Hello,

Thanks for this response.

I have however checked "Disable surface checks" but that does not solve the problem. The simulator always crashes and idles and very jerky.

Best regards. 😉

4 hours ago, BSV1191 said:

The simulator always crashes and idles and very jerk

And this happens only with Orbx Scenery? This sounds more like there are some FFX simobjects missing, so it should always happen?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Indeed, I may well be that.

I have re-installed the program, it's even worse, I can't see my drops, the smoke from the fires no longer appears, so thin.

I don't understand, everything worked a few days ago and then nothing works now, even after installation, when I have not touched anything or installed on my computer. Unbelievable

PS: I specify anyway but I do not have crack versions, I bought FireFighterX

Best regards. 🙂

Edited by BSV1191

When you are in P3D, go to "Options -> Add-ons". Make sure that "Lorby-SI Content" is enabled.

• Did you install everything into the default location?
  • Is FFX writing a logfile? (\Documents\FireFighterX_P3D_V4 Files)
  • Did you install any new addons?
  • Did you install a SimConnect client? (you shouldn't do that)
  • New shader mods like Tomato or PTA?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

56 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

When you are in P3D, go to "Options -> Add-ons". Make sure that "Lorby-SI Content" is enabled. YES

• Did you install everything into the default location? YES
  • Is FFX writing a logfile? (\Documents\FireFighterX_P3D_V4 Files) YES
  • Did you install any new addons? NO
  • Did you install a SimConnect client? (you shouldn't do that) NO
  • New shader mods like Tomato or PTA? Few days ago, I tried to install Tomato Shade, but it didn't work

Best regards

Thanks for your help. 😉

Ps: I tried to delete the .cfg so that P3Dv4 creates a new one but nothing to change, always the same problems

Edited by BSV1191

41 minutes ago, BSV1191 said:

Is FFX writing a logfile? (\Documents\FireFighterX_P3D_V4 Files) YES

Please send that logfile to me. The email address is on the last page of the FFX manual.

And please include the order number and the shop where you bought the app.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

52 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Please send that logfile to me. The email address is on the last page of the FFX manual.

And please include the order number and the shop where you bought the app.

Best regards

Ok Mail is sent. 😉

1 hour ago, BSV1191 said:

Few days ago, I tried to install Tomato Shade, but it didn't work

Did you revert back to the default shaders? Otherwise there may be issues with the visuals of FFX.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

18 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Did you revert back to the default shaders? Otherwise there may be issues with the visuals of FFX.

Best regards

Normally, yes I have successfully uninstalled