Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

V5 big lights

In V4 we could use orbx global base lights to make them smaller.  What's everyone doing to make these look a bit more normal?

https://imgur.com/a/TIH5W4Y

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

You can still use Orbx Central > Global Base Pack > Configure and use the light tool 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Just now, David Roch said:

You can still use Orbx Central > Global Base Pack > Configure and use the light tool 😉

Nope...it doesn't recognize v5 yet...

• Like 1

Just do same as before. In globalbase open configuration and Select p3dv4  and apply settings. You can import the p3dv4.

FTX light tweaker did not work when I tried it but you an copy the halo.bmp for your P3D v4.5 texture folder and play with these settings:

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.20
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.10
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.30

There are a few other files that need to be copied, but I don't have the info in front of me.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

16 minutes ago, DJJose said:

FTX light tweaker did not work when I tried it but you an copy the halo.bmp for your P3D v4.5 texture folder and play with these settings:

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.30
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.20
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.10
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.30

There are a few other files that need to be copied, but I don't have the info in front of me.

Thanks. I’ll take a look. Are these the size settings you use? 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

While the lights settings are there in global base, I can confirm it didn't work.  Zero change. 

Also when I reopen orbx all the light settings are blank again

Edited by micstatic

I can confirm from ORBX forums that Lights Configurator has NOT yet been updated for V5.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, micstatic said:

Thanks. I’ll take a look. Are these the size settings you use? 

I'm still on v4.5 but that's where I would start if I were you.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If I run the Global Lights configurator within v5,  only FSX and V4 in the drop down shows. Nothing for my v5 installation.

same.  I think the early report that it works was just an assumption. 

per orbx it does NOT work, but is in the hands of the developers.  

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/192311-ftx-global-lights-configurator/