Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

Issues with using MCE and FS2Crew

Hard mute does not work. I enabled the hard mute via Num lock key in the advanced settings. Pressing the key disables the mic in MCE (the mic icon on the GUI changes to disabled) so it appears to be working. But when I call for the engine start checklist for example from FS2Crew the MCE copilot starts doing his thing also and messes everything up - he's doing his checklist even though the hard mute was enabled! I had to restart the flight 3 times now (I'm sitting on the apron for about 3 hours now, I'm loosing my mind). The only reason why I wanted to use MCE copilot also was for handling the radios and the GSX stuff. The only way MCE copilot does not interfere with FS2Crew is to disable MCE copilot altogether. 

Even if I disable everything except from ATC stuff in MCE and enable hard mute the mechanic is still nagging me. For example when I call for engine start checklist the mechanic starts to nag me about how much fuel do I need. Say what? You were supposed to be disabled and you should not hear me with hard mute, what's going on?

Also, when I hand over the radios to copilot no copilot sound is heard when he's "talking" to the ATC, so I can't know if he actually responded or not. I use RC4.

Also, with everything except ATC off when I talk to RC4 ATC sometimes one of the 2D panels pops up.

Also, when I say "1013 set, crosscheck" a womans voice says:"Very convincing." Again, everything except ATC in MCE is off.

Sorry, if this is a little confusing but right now I'm confused... a lot! Mainly because things are happening even I specifically selected options to prevent them from happening.

P3d v4.5. 

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

1 hour ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Hard mute does not work. I enabled the hard mute via Num lock key in the advanced settings. Pressing the key disables the mic in MCE (the mic icon on the GUI changes to disabled) so it appears to be working. But when I call for the engine start checklist for example from FS2Crew the MCE copilot starts doing his thing also and messes everything up - he's doing his checklist even though the hard mute was enabled! I had to restart the flight 3 times now (I'm sitting on the apron for about 3 hours now, I'm loosing my mind). The only reason why I wanted to use MCE copilot also was for handling the radios and the GSX stuff. The only way MCE copilot does not interfere with FS2Crew is to disable MCE copilot altogether. 

Even if I disable everything except from ATC stuff in MCE and enable hard mute the mechanic is still nagging me. For example when I call for engine start checklist the mechanic starts to nag me about how much fuel do I need. Say what? You were supposed to be disabled and you should not hear me with hard mute, what's going on?

Also, when I hand over the radios to copilot no copilot sound is heard when he's "talking" to the ATC, so I can't know if he actually responded or not. I use RC4.

Also, with everything except ATC off when I talk to RC4 ATC sometimes one of the 2D panels pops up.

Sorry, if this is a little confusing but right now I'm confused... a lot! Mainly because things are happening even I specifically selected options to prevent them from happening.

P3d v4.5. 

OK, to clarify...

Currently, only 3 recorded co-pilot voice packs can handle RC4 ATC while keeping same voice.

Fo William (comes with initial MCE install), Stuart and Lorna (need to be downloaded and installed separately.

I assume you downloaded the audio William and Lorna recorded for RC4. Process involves replacing some RC4 files.

I'm afraid with Fo disabled, you're supposed to handle ATC yourself.

Mechanic querying required fuel is part of GSX integration. Once you confirm fuel, Fo enters the figure in FMC CDU.

Could eventually disable that part when FO not used.

MCE sends keystrokes to select RC4 options.

Ensure hotkeys assignments in RC4 panel don't cause any side effects, like panel popping.

Will double check status with NumLock key. Doesn't appear to be a common issue though. At least not in more recent versions.

Are you by any chance using ChasePlane and changing views with ScrollLock?

Edited by FS++

19 minutes ago, FS++ said:

OK, to clarify...

Currently, only 3 recorded co-pilot voice packs can handle RC4 ATC while keeping same voice.

Fo William (comes with initial MCE install), Stuart and Lorna (need to be downloaded and installed separately.

I assume you downloaded the audio William and Lorna recorded for RC4. Process involves replacing some RC4 files.

I'm afraid with Fo disabled, you're supposed to handle ATC yourself.

Mechanic querying required fuel is part of GSX integration. Once you confirm fuel, Fo enters the figure in FMC CDU.

Could eventually disable that part when FO not used.

MCE sends keystrokes to select RC4 options.

Ensure hotkeys assignments in RC4 panel don't cause any side effects, like panel popping.

Will double check status with NumLock key. Doesn't appear to be a common issue though. At least not in more recent versions.

Are you by any chance using ChasePlane and changing views with ScrollLock?

I installed all 3 voice packs and RC4 files as per instructions. I'm using William.

So, there's no way to disable mechanic? Because even if everything except ATC is off in MCE he's still asking about fuel.

It makes sense if FO is disabled I have to handle ATC myself. Silly me.

I don't think there's any conflict with RC4 and 2d panels since I'm flying Q400 for years and using RC4 and never had this issue.

This hard mute issue is actually the most problematic because it makes using MCE and FS2Crew together very hard.

I'm using ChasePlane but I'm not changing views with ScrollLock but with HAT switch on the Saitek Yoke.

I installed all 3 voice packs and RC4 files as per instructions. I'm using William.

So, there's no way to disable mechanic? Because even if everything except ATC is off in MCE he's still asking about fuel.

It makes sense if FO is disabled I have to handle ATC myself. Silly me.

I don't think there's any conflict with RC4 and 2d panels since I'm flying Q400 for years and using RC4 and never had this issue.

This hard mute issue is actually the most problematic because it makes using MCE and FS2Crew together very hard.

I'm using ChasePlane but I'm not changing views with ScrollLock but with HAT switch on the Saitek Yoke.

Will disable the prompt for fuel as that is part of GSX integration. Happens automatically when fuel truck is in position (green bar message).

Regarding Numlock...

I wonder whether it has something to do with your usage scenario.

Normally, when users don't need MCE for a long time, they'd use that to hard mute. When ready for action, the'd wake speech reco.

Then two things, either interaction with Fo takes place without pressing anything or talk to ATC, which involves holding PTT down, causing MCE to suspend all commands for crew interaction and enable ATC related speech commands.

When you release PTT, MCE would typically disable ATC commands and enable Fo interaction related speech commands.

Maybe that's when speech gets enabled.

Wouldn't in that case the hard mute mic icon on the GUI turn from off to on? In my case it doesn't change.

BTW, off topic, in the GSX manual it says:"Relieve mechanic from his duties (never forget that)". I can't find the command for this in the manuals. Whatever I say, nothing works. And after I start taxiing I'm always reminded that I probably killed some of the mechanics, even though I went through push back procedure in GSX and the ground crew appeared to left 🙂 

7 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Wouldn't in that case the hard mute mic icon on the GUI turn from off to on? In my case it doesn't change.

BTW, off topic, in the GSX manual it says:"Relieve mechanic from his duties (never forget that)". I can't find the command for this in the manuals. Whatever I say, nothing works. And after I start taxiing I'm always reminded that I probably killed some of the mechanics, even though I went through push back procedure in GSX and the ground crew appeared to left 🙂 

Download this patch

Manually replace files as per folder structure.

To disable Mechanic popping up when GSX refueling truck arrives, add this option to [Mechanic] section in "mce.ini"

[Mechanic]

ConfirmFuel=0

You can access "mce.ini" by going to "General" tab in MCE user interface, clicking <More options> and then selecting <View config> in "advanced options panel".

Regarding Hard Mute.

Trying to understand how you're using MCE.

Are you keeping NumLock ON, then pressing and releasing PTT for ATC transmission by any chance?

I'm using version 2.8.38. This patch says it will bring it to V2.8.2.2. Is this ok?

Yes, I'm probably leaving NumLock ON and pressing PTT for ATC. I pressed hard mute so the mechanics and copilot wouldn't hear me and I did talk to ATC for departure and taxi clearence.

tomaz,

a patch should never downgrade.

This patch should bring it up to v2.8.4.5.

Best regards

John Cramer

12 minutes ago, starter said:

tomaz,

a patch should never downgrade.

This patch should bring it up to v2.8.4.5.

Best regards

I know, that's exactly why I'm asking this. I downloaded the patch from the link above and this is exactly what is says.. V2.8.2.2.

On 5/9/2020 at 12:05 AM, FS++ said:

Trying to understand how you're using MCE.

Are you keeping NumLock ON, then pressing and releasing PTT for ATC transmission by any chance?

Actually I'm not because ATC does not hear me if I do that.

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I know, that's exactly why I'm asking this. I downloaded the patch from the link above and this is exactly what is says.. V2.8.2.2.

Well, it's definitely "mce.exe" V2.8.4.5 last updated May 9, 2020, 19: 48

Or maybe Windows didn't let you replace original file in \Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

The patch has 4 files total to replace in MCE installation folder.

If using a download manager, make sure it's not mixed-up with another patch you may have downloaded earlier. Clear the cache

Here is the download link again

Edited by FS++

This is the same link/file so I will assume the version number in the Instructions.txt is wrong. I didn't replace any files yet because the confusion with the version number.

I downloaded and installed MCE only once, a few days before I bought it and that was 10 days ago.

This is the same link/file so I will assume the version number in the Instructions.txt is wrong. I didn't replace any files yet because the confusion with the version number.

I downloaded and installed MCE only once, a few days before I bought it and that was 10 days ago.

Ah sorry! text file wasn't updated.

Replace "mce.exe" and "dccalls.dll" in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder

Replace the 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ CandC\ folder as well.

MCE is constantly on the move because it's a massive package. 44 fully supported complex aircraft and 3 ATC systems. Any glitch with any of these will trigger an update in some file.

This is why official release is update at least once a month.

Patch is there for fixes between 2 releases for those who can't wait, as well as Beta testers for the new stuff that gets added all the time..

For instance already started working on CS 767 support in P3D, and testers need "mccs76X.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dls\ folder.

No changes to Q400 support though.

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Ah sorry! text file wasn't updated.

Replace "mce.exe" and "dccalls.dll" in \Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder

Replace the 2 files in \Multi Crew Experience\ CandC\ folder as well.

MCE is constantly on the move because it's a massive package. 44 fully supported complex aircraft and 3 ATC systems. Any glitch with any of these will trigger an update in some file.

This is why official release is update at least once a month.

Patch is there for fixes between 2 releases for those who can't wait, as well as Beta testers for the new stuff that gets added all the time..

For instance already started working on CS 767 support in P3D, and testers need "mccs76X.dll" in \Prepar3D v4\MCE dls\ folder.

No changes to Q400 support though.

No problem. I replaced the files with the ones in the patch.

I assume the next step is to use MCE and observe if it solved my issues. I will do the flight tomorrow and report back.

No problem. I replaced the files with the ones in the patch.

I assume the next step is to use MCE and observe if it solved my issues. I will do the flight tomorrow and report back.

I suggest for testing purposes you use it with default features and see whether you have any issues with NumLock.

After that, try it with specific usage scenario.