Sign in to follow this  
LRBS

Cockpit rain?

29 minutes ago, killthespam said:
Hi,
Is anybody experiencing this issue?
When is raining apparently it is raining also in the cockpit.
Vanilla installation with the "new V5 fix".
Thank you.

I've seen that. I also have seen rain way above the clouds as well.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

56 minutes ago, killthespam said:
Hi,
Is anybody experiencing this issue?
When is raining apparently it is raining also in the cockpit.
Vanilla installation with the "new V5 fix".
Thank you.

yes. e too. Did you report it on LM? I informed Rob Ainscough about this one. But i not officially post it on LM. will do that also.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

You should have bought the coupe version :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The big problem with reporting to LM forum or elsewhere actually is that we are not civilized enough to take criticism or accept that actually something is wrong, buggy.
Despite the fact that some people have software issues, always there are some "experts" between us to jump in or dismiss a complaint valid or not. Instead of working to a resolution, it ends up in a big disagreement or fight.
I was exposed to a beta position for many years, in the end, I just couldn't take it and end up in a big disagreement with the developer. Even we became friends during that time our views were so different and it ended up
in a big disappointment, too many early releases, actually Beta candidates.
The reason, as we can see here with LM (P3D especially V5) they kept on pushing an unfinished and buggy product when they were so close to having it acceptable.
Unfortunately, it is not upon to Rob or any other beta tester, when the developer goes in panic or is not accepting the problems we see exactly the unfortunate results.
Let's be honest here, how many more times they expect from the customer to go for a full installation with some of us with many add-ons, how many more times they expect from the customer to wait again for other developers to update their products, how many more times they expect from the other developers to keep on adjusting and readjusting to this bad programming.
This is not a pleasant hobby anymore, this is a developer with below standards programmers that is putting up a buggy software one version after the other.
I hope for their own good to get their act together and provide the customer with a stable platform, it's over 7 years or so since I keep on purchasing their software, I refuse to sponsor people like them.
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Folks, disable reflections in P3D's graphic settings and you'll stay dry inside the cockpit!
(known bug)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I understand the disable reflections ....what if I wanted to get the most out of my purchase of V5 and fly in the rain enjoying reflections ................not possible huh 

Edited by Blade_au

It’s an issue with EA, which is a beta feature. Either need to turn EA off and then you can leave reflections on or use EA but turn reflections off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:22 PM, killthespam said:
The big problem with reporting to LM forum or elsewhere actually is that we are not civilized enough to take criticism or accept that actually something is wrong, buggy.
Despite the fact that some people have software issues, always there are some "experts" between us to jump in or dismiss a complaint valid or not. Instead of working to a resolution, it ends up in a big disagreement or fight.
I was exposed to a beta position for many years, in the end, I just couldn't take it and end up in a big disagreement with the developer. Even we became friends during that time our views were so different and it ended up
in a big disappointment, too many early releases, actually Beta candidates.
The reason, as we can see here with LM (P3D especially V5) they kept on pushing an unfinished and buggy product when they were so close to having it acceptable.
Unfortunately, it is not upon to Rob or any other beta tester, when the developer goes in panic or is not accepting the problems we see exactly the unfortunate results.
Let's be honest here, how many more times they expect from the customer to go for a full installation with some of us with many add-ons, how many more times they expect from the customer to wait again for other developers to update their products, how many more times they expect from the other developers to keep on adjusting and readjusting to this bad programming.
This is not a pleasant hobby anymore, this is a developer with below standards programmers that is putting up a buggy software one version after the other.
I hope for their own good to get their act together and provide the customer with a stable platform, it's over 7 years or so since I keep on purchasing their software, I refuse to sponsor people like them.

Speak for yourself. It’s a very pleasant hobby for me. I’ve never had a better experience than I’m having right now in v5. 

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

Speak for yourself. It’s a very pleasant hobby for me. I’ve never had a better experience than I’m having right now in v5. 

To be perfect honest  I'm very happy for you, unfortunately you sound like "I got mine.....you", very selfish. It's not only you or me speaking for myself, it's all about us, some have issues, one shoe doesn't fit all. 

Let's be honest, when you look at their forum you find lots of complains related to CTD for unknown reasons in the middle of the flights or just when you change something, so me personally I wonder how it can be so pleasant when in the middle of something you have all these crashes and loose everything.....................

I have many posts on this site helping people. So I wouldn’t use the word selfish. It’s a known fact in any forum people are far more likely to complain about something than they are to praise it. Regardless there are many people who have praised v5 on here. I agree it’s not for everybody. Just because somebody can run v4 doesn’t mean they can/should run v5. Even those that can may have to find the right settings and make changes to their system or oc . I’m not saying there are not bugs. But far too many on this forum act like they unanimously speak for the whole group by saying v5 sucks. It doesn’t. 

Edited by micstatic
Typo
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

@micstatic,

I agree to certain points, but I can't say that qualifies for a pleasant hobby when people spent 20 to 30 minutes to preflight an Airbus, MD80, B747, B737 and in the middle of the pre-flight or flight, they get a CTD and lose everything they planed for. 
I can see not being a big issue for a single-engine or a twin launching for a short flight, something that you can restart and actually didn't lose much or if anything compared to an extensive preflight with all planning and data involved.
I agree that there are bugs, but this one is quite big and very frustrating and will trigger upsetting remarks for sure and rightfully so.
IMHO they rushed this product way too early, full of bugs and many people did not buy this product knowingly to become beta testers. That's where mainly the frustration comes from.

5 minutes ago, killthespam said:

@micstatic,

I agree to certain points, but I can't say that qualifies for a pleasant hobby when people spent 20 to 30 minutes to preflight an Airbus, MD80, B747, B737 and in the middle of the pre-flight or flight, they get a CTD and lose everything they planed for. 
I can see not being a big issue for a single-engine or a twin launching for a short flight, something that you can restart and actually didn't lose much or if anything compared to an extensive preflight with all planning and data involved.
I agree that there are bugs, but this one is quite big and very frustrating and will trigger upsetting remarks for sure and rightfully so.
IMHO they rushed this product way too early, full of bugs and many people did not buy this product knowingly to become beta testers. That's where mainly the frustration comes from.

P3D v5 is great. If you think that it makes the hobby “unpleasant”, fly something else. 

If your beef is CTDs, as has been stated many times before - you need decent hardware and careful choice of addons. If you have this, there is nothing showstopping about v5 HF2’s stability. In its current form, it’s a good sim.

You say that you don’t want to be a beta tester - fine. But you are literally posting in a thread where the topic is a problem caused by an optional beta feature! 

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I don’t understand why people complain about EA. It’s clearly defined as a beta feature, and as such, will have numerous issues. Fair enough if people want to point out the issues as this may help devs etc. But to complain about them is odd. 

Personally, I started with EA on when first using V5 but after several flights I decided to go with it off until it’s a completed feature