Sign in to follow this  
willy647

Simconnect and v5

I have both v4.5 and v5 installed. Simconnect is working fine in v4.5, but not in v5. I deleted simconnect and reinstalled, but no good. Non of the addons like chaseplane or SODE are working. The logs say they cannot connect to the sim because of no simconnect running

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Try this: Disable all simconnect addons, then enable only one at a time.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

And male sure FSUIPC is running (I had the same problem until I reinstalled FSUIPC which got damaged in a Memory Crash)

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

What SimConnect Version are you using? I use SimConnect from v4.5 HF3 on my Tools, all are connecting to v5 and v4.5 (HF2 and HF3) fine

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

22 hours ago, SteveW said:

Try this: Disable all simconnect addons, then enable only one at a time.

I removed SODE, Chaseplane and simconnect. Reinstalled simconnect with provided files in the \redist map from v5 and CP via orbx central. No luck. CP log says  'P3D simconnect not ready'.

With v4.5, all is working just fine.

FSUIPC in running, althought I thought this not needed.

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Installed SPI and XPACK?

Did you try on their own, example try SODE without FSUIPC or anything else attached?

...I'm thinking that since v4.5 all works OK, and we know that P3D v5 SimConnect does essentially work, it should just work. Then check it's not SimConnect pulled down by an error of some kind with an addon attached. If no SimConnect addon can connect after all attempts, try a fresh install of v5.

Solved. Uninstalled simconnect and fresh install P3Dv5. When starting  chaseplane, it complained about simconnect not being installed. CP installed simconnect client (only one version 10.0.61259) and now all is ok.

Thanks all for your help

there are also some reports of the UTF encoding conflicts in simmconnect.xml and dll.xml files (I've seen this myself - came up with latest GSX (ran updater today), ASP 3D, GoFlightInterface tool when starting up the MadDogX) - see these links for info (the devs are aware)

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23477.0.html
https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/correct-simconnect-xml-encoding.11929/
https://www.simforums.com/forums/topic62447_post401901.html#401901

• Like 1