Sign in to follow this  
skystar

I end up on the wrong airport, after starting up P3Dv5!?

Several times I did choose an airport in the P3Dv5 selection on startup, but when the cockpit finally appears, I'm at a totally different spot...

Just again a few minutes ago: I did select EDDK (Köln-Bonn Airport) and I did find myself in Nurthumberland on a small airfield.
Yes, I did confirm EDDK and even the first map, before everything starts to load for some time, shows EDDK, but in the end I'm somewhere else.

This occured to me several times... Is it only me having this issue?

Thanks/Danke/Merci
Ralf

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, skystar said:

No. It has happened to me several times when choosing some ORBX airports.

Don't know if this a LH P3D issue or an ORBX issue related to CTD's caused by some of ORBX sceneries.

Never (Yet) had this issue while flying all over the Caribbean with addon sceneries.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 1

ive noticed that I have to double click the airport as opposed to my old muscle memory of keying in something like KLAX enter.  I wish they would change that back. 

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I’ve found when creating a flight plan and selecting yes when it asks if I want to be moved to the departure airport in my flightplan it doesn’t actually change the location.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’ve found when creating a flight plan and selecting yes when it asks if I want to be moved to the departure airport in my flightplan it doesn’t actually change the location.

Same here.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

How did they ever test this 😉😂  its got so many bugs.  My god is terrible.   V4 was quite good on release, this is just a shower of rubbish 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

I think Lockheed Martin mentioned something recently, that they updated all of the
default airport locations, to the REAL locations ... (probably with a google map program or soemething)
I know this because, i already created my hometown airport for p3d4 and changed it to the "correct" location.
.... before my creation, everything was a MESS man !!! 😒 (sigh)

Maybe THATS why this is happening.

I don't know what's going on over at the official LM P3D forum. Their entire site is extremely slow to load -- and has been slow to load (or sometimes completely unavailable) for the past few days. Many people have posted their similar observation over there regarding the site's dysfunction. Dozens of people have also posted bug reports for P3D v5 and have gotten either no response at all or a perfunctory response from LM hostesses that solved nothing. I think LM's latest release indicates clearly that they are not especially interested in the sim anymore. As Occam's Razor says, "The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate."

Edited by David Mills
  • Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

The site was limited to 1200 or so simultaneous users (which was being exceeded) so my guess is either the load on their servers is too great or they upped the maximum user count and made things worse.

1 hour ago, David Mills said:

I don't know what's going on over at the official LM P3D forum. Their entire site is extremely slow to load -- and has been slow to load (or sometimes completely unavailable) for the past few days. Many people have posted their similar observation over there regarding the site's dysfunction. Dozens of people have also posted bug reports for P3D v5 and have gotten either no response at all or a perfunctory response from LM hostesses that solved nothing. I think LM's latest release indicates clearly that they are not especially interested in the sim anymore. As Occam's Razor says, "The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate."

I counted four people over there complaining about the slow website.  Is that "many" people?  Rob McCarthy posted that they made some changes yesterday and it should be working better.  It's working OK for me now.

The overwhelming majority of your comments on P3D over a long timespan are negative, suggesting you seem to have an axe to grind.  As Occam's Razor says, "The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate."

• Like 3

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 hours ago, skystar said:

Several times I did choose an airport in the P3Dv5 selection on startup, but when the cockpit finally appears, I'm at a totally different spot...

Just again a few minutes ago: I did select EDDK (Köln-Bonn Airport) and I did find myself in Nurthumberland on a small airfield.
Yes, I did confirm EDDK and even the first map, before everything starts to load for some time, shows EDDK, but in the end I'm somewhere else.

Thanks/Danke/Merci
Ralf

Yes, it has happened to me 3 or 4 times - there are multiple other bugs with those menus as well.  For example, if you select an airport in the flight planner, all the parking spaces are listed as Military; you have to select a different airport first, then go back and select the one you want to get the correct parking choices.  How that one got through testing I have no idea.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

5 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I counted four people over there complaining about the slow website.  Is that "many" people?  Rob McCarthy posted that they made some changes yesterday and it should be working better.  It's working OK for me now.

The overwhelming majority of your comments on P3D over a long timespan are negative, suggesting you seem to have an axe to grind.  As Occam's Razor says, "The simplest explanation is usually the most accurate."

Yes, I saw Rob McCarthy's post stating that LM was aware of the problem with their website. There is no disagreement here. The site is not working properly for me tonight. It is very slow, unlike any other site on the web for me this evening. It was working fine for me all afternoon, but very slowly yesterday. I'm happy it's working for you tonight. I can access the forum tonight myself, but each thread takes perhaps 10 seconds to load. This is an intermittent problem of which LM is aware. My own thought is that the site is not properly logging off members who disconnect, as someone else on their site theorized.

My only axe to grind is LM's lack of quality control. I have no personal relationships (for good or bad) with anyone at LM. I am simply a long-term customer. Again, I don't really think there's any disagreement here.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

3 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Did they rush this update to try to steal some of the MSFS2020 thunder?

I thought sort of the same thing, if so, they’ve missed the mark completely and it’s burned them even more.... MS again is sending invites out in the next two weeks which means if there’s more people testing it and if there’s more people liking it the less people buying p3d. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

I thought sort of the same thing, if so, they’ve missed the mark completely and it’s burned them even more.... MS again is sending invites out in the next two weeks which means if there’s more people testing it and if there’s more people liking it the less people buying p3d. 

Why not get both?

As of this moment there are hundreds if not thousands addons for P3D.
MSFS promises to be gorgeous, but we will need to wait short or long time before we get some addons.

The price of P3D is not much, a half baked dinner in a medium quality restaurant.