Sign in to follow this  
skystar

I end up on the wrong airport, after starting up P3Dv5!?

37 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Did they rush this update to try to steal some of the MSFS2020 thunder?

I really doubt that. MSFS2020 is nowhere near release. LM could have taken another month or two so I dpoubt MSFS had anything to do with it. Someone made the decision and they have to live with it. Actually other than the crash on approach which was fixed in the HF, I have had no problems at all with V5.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

How did they ever test this 😉😂  its got so many bugs.  My god is terrible.   V4 was quite good on release, this is just a shower of rubbish 

Thinking back - 4.0 was a mess as well... give them time to iron out the 'chilld-diseases'.

54 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I really doubt that. MSFS2020 is nowhere near release. LM could have taken another month or two so I dpoubt MSFS had anything to do with it. Someone made the decision and they have to live with it. Actually other than the crash on approach which was fixed in the HF, I have had no problems at all with V5.

Vic

Finally a sensible comment in here. Thank you. 

I really don't see, LM releasing P3Dv5 prematurely 'to steal thunder from MSFS' - as there's no 'thunder to steal'. Microsoft Flight Simulator is nowhere near a stage, where they're going to release it, so I don't see the connection.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, RamonB said:

Why not get both?

As of this moment there are hundreds if not thousands addons for P3D.
MSFS promises to be gorgeous, but we will need to wait short or long time before we get some addons.

The price of P3D is not much, a half baked dinner in a medium quality restaurant.

This is the way I look at it, 4.5 is fine, smooth and looks great with all our current add ons if done properly... if the new flight sim is coming out either this year or next, why bother investing in such a buggy v5.

I’ve got v5 but I just see it as the same old story with a few new (buggy) features.. let’s see them polish it out but still what for? Let’s say worst case MSFS lacks in aerodynamics, MS will correct it in a heartbeat due to customer complaints.... ESP is ESP there’s only so much make up they can put on top to make it look good... and we all know the flight dynamics on this platform has never been too great. 

This is all my personal opinion and I have all sims (p3d,x-plane11,AFS2,DCS and the other little ones that are now obsolete). 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Vic

I bet it was for a big public sector customer who needed to spend the money before their budget year ran out in order to increase the budget for the following year.   Those in the UK will understand this logic of the public sector scrimping and saving from April to Dec only to go into the red as much as you can from Jan to March to get more budget money for the following year 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

Thinking back - 4.0 was a mess as well... give them time to iron out the 'chilld-diseases'.

Finally a sensible comment in here. Thank you. 

I really don't see, LM releasing P3Dv5 prematurely 'to steal thunder from MSFS' - as there's no 'thunder to steal'. Microsoft Flight Simulator is nowhere near a stage, where they're going to release it, so I don't see the connection.

4.0 wasn't no way as bad as this mess,

I remember you had problems with old scenery and old ai models but that was about it.  There was no flying walls etc etc and you could click on things without ctds. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, RamonB said:

Why not get both?

As of this moment there are hundreds if not thousands addons for P3D.
MSFS promises to be gorgeous, but we will need to wait short or long time before we get some addons.

The price of P3D is not much, a half baked dinner in a medium quality restaurant.

Comment deleted.

Edited by IanHarrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I remember you had problems with old scenery and old ai models but that was about it.  There was no flying walls etc etc and you could click on things without ctds. 

I would have to agree - I don't think the issues are "terminal" for the franchise or anything, but the current state is far more unstable than v4 ever was even at initial launch.  I remember v3 (I think?) had an early hotfix in the first few days to address some big issues, and some point upgrades in some of the predecessor version required the occasional hotfix.

I suppose the current state is to be expected with the brand new DX12 implementation, but that is further evidence to question as to why the testing program shouldn't have been either longer, involved a wider range of users and developers, or both.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

10 hours ago, overspeed3 said:

Did they rush this update to try to steal some of the MSFS2020 thunder?

if so they are quite succesfull...

• Upvote 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

i´am happy that LM decided not to dump any further development on P3D, only because MSFS2020 is maybe the new reference. At least i have a nicer looking simulator which fills the time waiting for FS2020 and get rid of their bugs once it´s released.

Take into account also, that mainly complaints are raised here if something is not working as exspected. If everything is nice it´s much rarely published. There are some complaints about issues which are really constructive and important for LM and others to be aware of it and get it right. But some complaints based more on "the people love it to be surprised, as long they are surprised by what they exspect"😉

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

18 hours ago, skystar said:

Several times I did choose an airport in the P3Dv5 selection on startup, but when the cockpit finally appears, I'm at a totally different spot...

Just again a few minutes ago: I did select EDDK (Köln-Bonn Airport) and I did find myself in Nurthumberland on a small airfield.
Yes, I did confirm EDDK and even the first map, before everything starts to load for some time, shows EDDK, but in the end I'm somewhere else.

This occured to me several times... Is it only me having this issue?

Thanks/Danke/Merci
Ralf

To return to the question, I find that it is quite easy to "beat P3D v5 to the draw". There seems to be a short delay between clicking on the chosen airport and it being fully added to the map view. If P3D is run while it is getting its act together, it does indeed seem to go to a random airport.

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Exactly how did we end up with V4.5. HF3 then? :huh:

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

Exactly how did we end up with V4.5. HF3 then? :huh:

Lots of patches for VR/Military users.  Remember that Saudi AirForce Base they added. 

14ppkc-6.png

For a moment I'd like to go back to the topic.
I did choose EDDL (Düsseldorf) - active Runway and I get this:

eddl9.jpg

Düsseldorf has a Runway 5L or 5R but no RWY9.
If I would continue I end up at EDDW - Bremen - RWY9

This happens from time to time at other airports and regions too.
So I need to check twice before continue to start P3D.

Ralf

30 minutes ago, skystar said:

For a moment I'd like to go back to the topic.
I did choose EDDL (Düsseldorf) - active Runway and I get this:

Düsseldorf has a Runway 5L or 5R but no RWY9.
If I would continue I end up at EDDW - Bremen - RWY9

This happens from time to time at other airports and regions too.
So I need to check twice before continue to start P3D.

Ralf

I've noticed that when you run the Flight Planner, even if you respond "Yes" when the sim asks if you want to be moved to the new starting location of your flight plan, you are still shown to be back at the default Randolph AFB when you get to the scenario setup screen. You have to reselect your starting airport.

There is also the glaring bug where the Navlog doesn't display, it is a blank window in the Flight Planner. Shift-F10 just displays blank windows also.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I just wish they would change the form back to the old way where the focus was in the airport search box so that you could just start typing the airport id straight away when it opened up. 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440