Sign in to follow this  
RXP

[06MAY] Prepar3D 5 HF1 update

Hi,

This post is just to let you know we're sorry for the unfortunate delay with our support for the P3D5HF1 update.

The actual P3D5HF1 compatibility work has been done the day it has been released.

Unfortunately LM has released it when we were right in the middle of a profound overhaul of some of our code dealing with extracting GTN/GNS V2 internal data which we are using for the the autopilot and a few other navigation information.

We were initially planning to work a couple more days on this and be ready, so that we can release the HF1 update + the inner data update at the same time, but we're not 100% ready yet and will need 1 to 2 more days finalizing this.

Our plan is to decide by tomorrow afternoon whether we release an update with just HF1 compatibility right away to save you waiting just for this functionality. If we do, we'll push another update in the following days with the updated inner data update.

This is the most likely scenario as of tonight (our time).

Rest assured either ways, we are working around the clock to better our products for you!

I thank you for your patience and understanding with this unforeseen situation.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 6

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No problems J-L. It's always worth the wait 😁

• Like 1

David Porrett

I say wait until the full functionality is ready. Better to devote effort to that vs make and upload and support a quick fix and then do the same a day or two later with another update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Jean Luc,
Do you have a method where you can remove the dates in the gray bars.  Can be confusing...  At a glance it appears to be over 2 years old, though the [06JUN20] dates also appear.  Eyes tend to go to the gray bar date.
image.png.15ba4001d179cfc3101e83ee8822200c.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@fppilot no I can't, these is the forum displaying when the topic was first created. This is why I'm prefixing the title with the update date for it to show up, and I'm also posting a new message at the end of the discussion for bumping the discussion at the top of the pinned topics. The side effect is also alerting people subscribing to the topic (you can subscribe and get automatic notifications!)

Mind you, if you just leave the "Automatic Update Notifications" when installing the product, you'll get a notification in Windows when there is an update too!

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

By the way, we've just released new GTN and GNS V2 updates compatible with P3D5 HF2!