Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D v5 in Beta?

40 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've been following the excited P3D5 threads with a great deal of amusement. If you have a nicely running P3Dv4 setup, I see no reason to ditch that for Vol.5

Then that's the best solution for you.  No need to rain on everyone else's parade.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, roarkr said:

As LM's business model is commercial customers, the private non commercial users have always been beta testers. 

I believe LM has been very clever by having us pay for beeing beta testers since the very beginning of the P3D. development. 

where did you get LM his Business Model from? Where is it written down for us? Are that assumptions or is that knowledge?

Regards Marcus

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Another thing DX12 can bring to the table NV-LINK SLI in DX11 waste of money unless you run multi monitors, DX12 in NV-Link you get the extra Vram from the second GPU, DX12 could give SLI a comeback that Nvidia have been talking about. Check out the SLI NV-Link benchmarks on DX12 titles as much as 60% FPS boost for VR users that could be a game changer. 

• Like 3

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

57 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've been following the excited P3D5 threads with a great deal of amusement. If you have a nicely running P3Dv4 setup, I see no reason to ditch that for Vol.5

But those who bought v5 and then found and reported the problems were doing all of us a service. Why does that amuse you? By the time many more people switch to v5 all the problems will be fixed. That wouldn't have happened if the early adopters hadn't bought it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, roarkr said:

As LM's business model is commercial customers, the private non commercial users have always been beta testers. 

I believe LM has been very clever by having us pay for beeing beta testers since the very beginning of the P3D. development. 

MS will be doing the same with MSFS, if it`s released without any bugs and needing a patch it will be a first, we will find what the thousands of testers missed in Alpha.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

You obviously have no clue about this approach. 

• You don´t have to ditch P3DV4 for V5. You can run them both
  • We are not Beta Testers. They just brought out more bugs as a lot of us would hoped for
  • ONly Enhanced Atmo is in Beta

Maybe some respect for those who bought V5 already to help those who "just don´t like to plunch in" so early and wait for the next fixes

This would help the community (where you are a part from).

That would be nice.

Thanks

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

14 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But those who bought v5 and then found and reported the problems were doing all of us a service. Why does that amuse you? By the time many more people switch to v5 all the problems will be fixed. That wouldn't have happened if the early adopters hadn't bought it.

'Early adopters' is like the flowers and I'm sorry with the wife. 

If I said to you 10 years ago as customers we are GOING TO PAY to beta test software you would of said I was on drugs. 

You can dress it up with buzzwords all you want but that is what we are doing. Plain and simple 

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png

1 minute ago, fluffyflops said:

If I said to you 10 years ago as customers we are GOING TO PAY to beta test software you would of said I was on drugs. 

You can dress it up with buzzwords all you want but that is what we are doing. Plain and simple 

Do you imagine the tech guys decide when the product is going to be released? Of course not. It's the money people and it was their decision to release when they did irrespective of what the tech guys advise. I imagine they were shaking their heads in disbelief.

The same happened with FSX 14 years ago.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

10 Years ago is a long long time in software development. New approaches have to be taken.

As long as we "buy" the product in the state as it is released......it will not change. Why should they? Also 10 years ago systems weren´t that complex as they now are (hardware, software, user behaviour). This has changed a lot the last years.

You know what?

You don´t like it now? Than simply don´t buy it now. As simple as that.

BUT in one point I agree with you:

- For me there is a limit on quality to "release" a product. And in my opinion they released it to early. But that is just my opinion. The next release, wich I have to pay for, I will not buy that early. And if others (lots of others) would do that to, than LM will think over and probably raise the quality of their product BEFORE release. But this process could last a long time.

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

My v5 is running great now and i can push it harder than v4 and its still incredibly smooth with i7 8700k and gtx 1080 ti, its not perfect but its definently squeezing more out of my hardware

• Like 2

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

3 hours ago, airforce806 said:

I am currently using Prepar3d v4.5. I have been following many threads to get an idea of if I should make the jump to version 5. We all know cleaning up the the PC for a complete upgrade requires many many hours of downloading, installing, and troubleshooting...

With so many issues I was wondering if I missed something. Is this a beta release or is this the actually production release?  Although I would expect there to be some kinks to be worked out as us simmers like a nice smooth sim with realistic graphics. However, the issues I see appear to be endless with freezing, CTDs, graphic anomalies, etc  

I don’t want to spend more hours fixing than flying this time around. 

For those of you that are using the new software, do they appear to be minor issues compared to v4.5. 

Thanks for your input!

I tried it and for me it was a downgrade. I have too many add-ons that need updating and in the areas that I like to sim (tropical destinations) I was not impressed by what I saw on the screen.

v5 is just another P3D v4.5 with a couple of enhancements. You can try it if you have enough space in your SSD and see for yourself. You don't have to delete v4.5.

The way I see it, by the time all the issues are ironed out with v5 and all devs catch up and update add-ons, there will be a new sim available.

Check out the must see P3D v5 video that I posted on this forum. It will answer many of your questions and concerns.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Am looking forward to v5 for all the good things I read about, but for me now is not the time. PMDG, FSL, ASP5, and the winds problems and other things needing fixing  even Rob said it was released to soon.

Might be V5.1, until then 4.5 hf2 will do.

If people are enjoying v5 now then great. Good for you. I look forward to joining you when the time is right for my needs.

Am also really looking forward to MSFS. Every add on maker is on board so to compare this to there last mistake is a big mistake. Yes it will need a good PC but V5 seems to also need it.

We have nothing to lose, we all have everything to gain. Apart from forking out for a new PC, that I will do when the new 3000’s RTX come out.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I tried it and for me it was a downgrade. I have too many add-ons that need updating and in the areas that I like to sim (tropical destinations) I was not impressed by what I saw on the screen.

v5 is just another P3D v4.5 with a couple of enhancements. You can try it if you have enough space in your SSD and see for yourself. You don't have to delete v4.5.

The way I see it, by the time all the issues are ironed out with v5 and all devs catch up and update add-ons, there will be a new sim available.

Check out the must see P3D v5 video that I posted on this forum. It will answer many of your questions and concerns.

"A couple of enhancements"

• New rendering engine DX12
  • New TrueSky Implementation to enhance the whole atmo engine
  • New Nvidia Waveworks

Lots of further fixes (the List is very very long).

For me there was a lot new stuff inthere. 

Yes there are (to many) issues left inside the release. Even within Hotfix 1. But the "basis" is upgraded and now it is on LM and the 3.Party to make use of it.

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

v4 moved the sim to 64 bit. Try again.

Are you just trolling today? I've got over a hundred hours in P3D v5, so I feel I can compare v4.5 (which is a great sim that I still have installed and fly occasionally) with the new version.

Am I correct in thinking that you have zero hours of P3D v5 time on which to base your multiple strong negative comments? 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Then don't, lol!  We v5.24 flyers..won't lose too much sleep over your decision, lol!  It's ok...we'll be ok...;)

Cheers!

• Upvote 1