Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a new PC for P3D - am about to graduate college and have nothing to do for the summer so I feel like this is as good a time as any. I wanted to know you guys' thoughts on this build - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Dv69p8.

I'm trying to keep costs in the $1000-$1200 range. I'm hoping to run P3D V5 well (and MSFS 2020 in the future) with addons and decent but not super crazy performance. What do you guys think? Any help is appreciated!

Looks good to me considering your budget. Ryzen is definitely the way to go when on a budget. The RTX 2060S is a very good value for money card as well. You could consider the RX5700XT as well. It's a bit cheaper and about 8% faster in most games (not sure about flight sim performance though). Going RTX on the other hand might give you the benefit of using DLSS2.0 if that gets supported by P3D or MSFS (which is not known yet). So that part is a bit of a gamble.

I do believe the Ryzen CPUs come with a decent stock cooler so you could save a couple of bucks by using that instead of buying one.

And if I were you I'd avoid a regular HDD to save on load times. I'd either go for a smaller 256GB nvme for your system drive and then add a 1TB SSD as second drive. Or even better in my opinion just go for a single 1TB nvme drive for everything and only add another drive later when you find out that you really need it (beware that your MB only supports one nvme though so you could only add a regular sata SSD in the future). 

Here are a few changes.

Go for a single 1 TB SSD and just put everything on that. You can always add another when you need to. I have 4 in mine. Load times on a standard HD are terrible even with 7200rpm compared to an SSD.

Spend just a little more and get the 2070S not much more cash for a good jump in performance.

And last yes the 550PS will work, but I would recommend a 650PS at a minimum, again not much more money but better to have more head room in power output.

4th enjoy, you will have a nice system on your hands.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Thanks guys! I made a few changes and I think I'm ready to buy! Would any of you have a viable substitute for the B450-A-PRO MAX? It's out of stock currently.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Pw4Q9G

Update- Am thinking of the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC for the motherboard.

Edited by JFKLGAEWR
added link

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427