Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

11 minutes ago, DannyR said:

Morning Vic.  Yes, even after doing a refresh in the Debug, there are no clouds in P3dV5 when using the latest beta of AS.

I had the same issue with FSWX before AS was updated to v5. What I had to do with that program as well as AS is start P3D and position your plane where you want fully loaded into sim then start AS and clouds should appear.

It seems EA will not update properly unless you are already in the sim. Also do not touch any settings in the graphics menu or else you will loose the cloud updating and it will not work again until a restart of the sim.

If you have EA off then you can do as you normally would and start AS before the sim.

• Upvote 1

Sean Green

Another issue is the clouds will suddenly appear when you enter a new area that a wx theme has been created so you could be clear skies then your in heavy overcast.  Its like the old FSX days of cloud popping.  Plus there is no variation its all one level and one look with EA.

I guess that is why LM stated it was beta.

Edited by sgreen91

Sean Green

I must say that default clouds with FSGRW looks way better on my system widescreen monitor then Active Sky and Asca. I am not using the beta atmos.

The Asca clouds look like from a comic book 

Edited by rob0203

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

'These' posts? I think you've misunderstood mine. Try again. Microsoft must be laughing their socks because of the cock-up LM is making of v5.

And again, when Microsoft's perfect, completely error-free sim comes out, you will be proven correct. 

22 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

And again, when Microsoft's perfect, completely error-free sim comes out, you will be proven correct. 

All LM had to do, was to delay the release of v5, like what some Beta testers ask LM to do, but apparently LM had their reasons to release when they did, and we the users are currently suffering the consequences, it's a shame because P3D v5 has great potential to be a classic flight sim, and I'm sure given time it will.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 minutes ago, eaim said:

All LM had to do, was to delay the release of v5, like what some Beta testers ask LM to do.

Amen to that.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

22 minutes ago, eaim said:

All LM had to do, was to delay the release of v5, like what some Beta testers ask LM to do, but apparently LM had their reasons to release when they did, and we the users are currently suffering the consequences, it's a shame because P3D v5 has great potential to be a classic flight sim, and I'm sure given time it will.

Yeah, HF1 should have been the release version. It was two weeks. I understand people’s frustrations. But this gloating about MSFS is just nonsense. 

This probably works out well for LM. Those simmers off from work get to beta test a lot doing the covid 19. Am still working but on my off days I use there is a new sim out to skip the house work..

• Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

How quickly we forget. There were hundreds of posts of problems with FSX on release. There were endless posts of tweaks that were needed to bring it up to snuff. Nothing new.

Vic

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Marcus Aurelius saith:

He who expects a perfect beta be he a king or a pawn asks for disappointments 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Yeah, HF1 should have been the release version. It was two weeks. I understand people’s frustrations. But this gloating about MSFS is just nonsense. 

I'm not gloating about MSFS, obviously when that's released it will have it's own issues.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I still havent network client/server sucess. No problem with simconnect on old ASP4.

I have checked port 445 and 19284/5 but they were allready used with ASP4 .

excluded the addon/ActiveSkyP5 folder .Shared every P3D5 folders as well. 

Checked regedit for paths which now has a Connector streng for v4 and v5 and it all seems right. What have i missed? 

Thanks Michael Moe (page 88 in manual)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

I still havent network client/server sucess. No problem with simconnect on old ASP4.

Same here. There is a thread running in the AS beta forum on this, there are a lot of people (including you and me) with that issue.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

18 minutes ago, eaim said:

I'm not gloating about MSFS, obviously when that's released it will have it's own issues.

I didn’t say you were. And yes, it will, which will leave egg on a lot of the faces in these forums. 

13 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I didn’t say you were. And yes, it will, which will leave egg on a lot of the faces in these forums. 

Just to clarify things, on which side of the 'fence' are you sitting?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.