Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

22 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Just to clarify things, on which side of the 'fence' are you sitting?

I’m looking forward to seeing what MSFS turns out to be. It might turn out to be the most amazing thing since sliced bread, it might turn out to be something you need a supercomputer and a gazillion gig internet connection to run. We just don’t know. There are so many people who apparently know things that the rest of us don’t.
It’s getting pretty annoying that so many people are now gloating about how awesome MSFS is going to be as a putdown to P3D, and even worse the people that are saying they’re never buying another thing for P3D because MSFS is coming. And then you’ve got the jokers who come into the P3D forums to announce that they’re no longer using P3D, what garbage it is, and how they’re proudly eschewing it until MSFS comes out. 

I just don’t understand the attitudes. 

So I’m eager to see what MSFS is when it comes out, as we all are I’m sure. But in the meantime I’m enjoying the steps forward being taken by P3D. 

Edited by mtr75
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Let's stay on topic please or I'll close this one.

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Ah, I see. You just don't do humour. Got it. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

I still havent network client/server sucess. No problem with simconnect on old ASP4.

I have checked port 445 and 19284/5 but they were allready used with ASP4 .

excluded the addon/ActiveSkyP5 folder .Shared every P3D5 folders as well. 

Checked regedit for paths which now has a Connector streng for v4 and v5 and it all seems right. What have i missed? 

Thanks Michael Moe (page 88 in manual)

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Same here. There is a thread running in the AS beta forum on this, there are a lot of people (including you and me) with that issue.

Kind regards, Michael

Hello Gents,

Did you copy the ASP3DV4ConnectorInstall.exe and/or ASP3DV5ConnectorInstall.exe over to the simulator computer and run the installer there?  It will add ActiveSkyP4 and ActiveSkyP5 respectively to your Documents\Prepar3D Add-On's folder's.

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

So ASCA is not needed anymore if using true sky in P3d v5?

thanks

mike

3 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

So ASCA is not needed anymore if using true sky in P3d v5?

thanks

mike

I think it will in time, we just need LM to get the Enhanced Atmospherics out of Beta, things like Active Sky and ASCA etc can work their wonders.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

27 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Hello Gents,

Did you copy the ASP3DV4ConnectorInstall.exe and/or ASP3DV5ConnectorInstall.exe over to the simulator computer and run the installer there?  It will add ActiveSkyP4 and ActiveSkyP5 respectively to your Documents\Prepar3D Add-On's folder's.

Of course I did. That's always been a requirement, while the place under add-on is new.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

I still havent network client/server sucess. No problem with simconnect on old ASP4.

I have checked port 445 and 19284/5 but they were allready used with ASP4 .

excluded the addon/ActiveSkyP5 folder .Shared every P3D5 folders as well. 

Checked regedit for paths which now has a Connector streng for v4 and v5 and it all seems right. What have i missed? 

Thanks Michael Moe (page 88 in manual)

I run the new beta on a network, the only thing I had to do was to change the security settings for the v5 folders on the network share. After adding "everyone" and giving full control the new beta connected for me in this config. Not sure this helps you but worth a shot! 

I also installed the v5 SDK, perhaps unrelated 

Edited by kand

16 minutes ago, kand said:

I run the new beta on a network, the only thing I had to do was to change the security settings for the v5 folders on the network share. After adding "everyone" and giving full control the new beta connected for me in this config. Not sure this helps you but worth a shot! 

I also installed the v5 SDK, perhaps unrelated 

Thanks, but that's the first I do on any network share to add "Everyone" (+ "Guest") to the Security Settings. Must be something different. Also, AS for P3D4 works with P3D4 on the same folders, but the new AS for P3D doesn't.

SDK is installed as well.

Still, good to know there are people having it working networked, so it must be someting machine/setting dependent.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

10 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks, but that's the first I do on any network share to add "Everyone" (+ "Guest") to the Security Settings. Must be something different. Also, AS for P3D4 works with P3D4 on the same folders, but the new AS for P3D doesn't.

SDK is installed as well.

Still, good to know there are people having it working networked, so it must be someting machine/setting dependent.

Kind regards, Michael

The only other thing that comes to mind, have you tried enabling SMB1 client/server in windows features? I think MS disabled this in later builds but I need it enabled on my home cockpit. Clutching at straws perhaps but wouldn't hurt to try turning it on! 

Edited by kand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kand said:

The only other thing that comes to mind, have you tried enabling SMB1 client/server in windows features? I think MS disabled this in later builds but I need it enabled on my home cockpit. Clutching at straws perhaps but wouldn't hurt to try turning it on! 

I've reported it at the  AS beta forum (together with a number of the same cases) and HiFI has noted the case. I think I'll better wait for their result before changing any configuration (even more in comparison to the logiles I submitted).

Kind regards, Michael

3 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Ah, I see. You just don't do humour. Got it. :smile:

It isn’t about getting humor, and I didn’t state a position prior to you asking, so I answered. I just wish people would give the MSFS stuff a rest in the P3D threads. For those that are interested, MSFS has its own forum. 

12 hours ago, pmb said:

I've reported it at the  AS beta forum (together with a number of the same cases) and HiFI has noted the case. I think I'll better wait for their result before changing any configuration (even more in comparison to the logiles I submitted).

Kind regards, Michael

Let me know 🙂

I give up

It was easier with simconnect. (just remember to delete the simconnect.cfg in the folder inside ASP_4)(only the one in my documents should exist)

I see now that there is a xml and .cfg as well in ASP3D ?

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

For anyone having activation problems. I can verify that a email to support will clear things up. With in 24 hours I had a reply and was able to register the program. Now to see what it can do! 🙂

19 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

It was easier with simconnect. (just remember to delete the simconnect.cfg in the folder inside ASP_4)(only the one in my documents should exist)

I see now that there is a xml and .cfg as well in ASP3D ?

Michael Moe

I consider those two as examples where the .xml has to go into the Prepar3d config (AppData) directory on the FS (server) machine and the .cfg has to go into the MyDocuments directory on the AS (client) machine.

I had my own versions of both of them in the named directories for other programs (SPAD.neXt, FS-FlightControl, etc.) to work before and they do work properly, so I didn't touch the AS incarnations ... which may or may not be right.

You can follow the discussion here, if you are in the proper mood😉

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/waiting-for-simulator.12018/

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 1