Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

On 5/10/2020 at 10:53 AM, sgreen91 said:

I had the same issue with FSWX before AS was updated to v5. What I had to do with that program as well as AS is start P3D and position your plane where you want fully loaded into sim then start AS and clouds should appear.

It seems EA will not update properly unless you are already in the sim. Also do not touch any settings in the graphics menu or else you will loose the cloud updating and it will not work again until a restart of the sim.

If you have EA off then you can do as you normally would and start AS before the sim.

No matter what I do, since latest version 7434 I have no clouds. Have already opened a ticket, no response yet.

Sergio Naiberg

38 minutes ago, SergioN said:

No matter what I do, since latest version 7434 I have no clouds. Have already opened a ticket, no response yet.

Strange. with version 7334 I get more clouds than I wish for.

e9qdhim1gxqmazt6g.jpg

3 hours ago, Lotharen said:

For anyone having activation problems. I can verify that a email to support will clear things up. With in 24 hours I had a reply and was able to register the program. Now to see what it can do! 🙂

I can confirm. It took a little back and forth, but it appears resolved. Thanks Hifi!

Cheers

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Could it be that TrueSky is not (yet) able to depict cloud fronts? Just uniform skies showing one particular setup? I flew out of YMML yesterday with ASP3D and there was a cloud front close to the airport. But while taking off from YMML, no clouds visible until the horizon. Only when the plane was above the cloud front (according to the live map in ASP3D), the clear sky was suddenly replaced with a full overcast sky, again reaching to the horizon. Looked totally silly and completely wrong. But to be honest, I have never seen any screenshot from TrueSky in v5 showing for example half of the sky coveredy by an dense cloud layer while the other half being free of clouds, while this is quiet a common view when using v4.5 or v5 without TrueSky...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

Could it be that TrueSky is not (yet) able to depict cloud fronts? Just uniform skies showing one particular setup? I flew out of YMML yesterday with ASP3D and there was a cloud front close to the airport. But while taking off from YMML, no clouds visible until the horizon. Only when the plane was above the cloud front (according to the live map in ASP3D), the clear sky was suddenly replaced with a full overcast sky, again reaching to the horizon. Looked totally silly and completely wrong. But to be honest, I have never seen any screenshot from TrueSky in v5 showing for example half of the sky coveredy by an dense cloud layer while the other half being free of clouds, while this is quiet a common view when using v4.5 or v5 without TrueSky...

As far as the cloud popping that is a limitation of the beta of True Sky at the moment. With ASP3D it even says in the features that cloud smoothing/reloading doesnt exist quite yet.

I am sure once the EA gets updated more by LM and a proper SDK comes out we shall see improvements. 

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

On 5/10/2020 at 10:59 PM, mikeymike said:

So ASCA is not needed anymore if using true sky in P3d v5?

thanks

mike

As HiFi mentioned on their release, ASCA can´t do anything to TS because TS is a different render engine. But ASCA is anyway not mandatory for AktiveSky, even not in V4.5. ASCA just delivers exchanged textures for the sky and cloud appearance. In conjunction with AS you will get very nice and realistic "themes" and cloud visuals compared to the native P3d textures, but the weather engine of AS can perfectly work without ASCA aswell. The use of ASCA is still recommended if you use V5 in legacy weather mode without TrueSky, but it has nothing to do if you use True Sky instead.

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

On 5/11/2020 at 5:35 PM, SergioN said:

7 hours ago, AnkH said:

But while taking off from YMML, no clouds visible until the horizon. Only when the plane was above the cloud front (according to the live map in ASP3D), the clear sky was suddenly replaced with a full overcast sky, again reaching to the horizon.

I have posted this already in this thread but comments describing scenarios where no clouds are visible keep popping up here so I'll repost this in case this is the same issue.

There is a bug in v5 with Enhanced Atmospherics in that sometimes clouds won't load after the scenario is launched. Instead you're sitting at your location with a clear sky. To make the clouds appear you can go into the weather menu and simply reload any kind of weather (I don't think you actually need to change anything) and the clouds will appear. It's a matter of a few seconds to do this. Now start ASP3D and let it inject weather. I've found if you launch AS prior to sim launch it won't inject any weather.

If you took off with no clouds but they appeared later, it might be that ASP3D has updated the weather at that point so the weather conditions in the sim were reset and also the clouds 'reset'.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Nope, I get clouds, but never a weather front as I described. Always the whole sky showing the same weather till the horizon.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

TS is a beta implementation by LM. There is NO sdk or api for anyone to take advantage of it. It's merely a demo of what might be possible down the road. AS can take a shot at improving it but there are no guarantees , it's shooting blind. After a few flights I thought it has good potential but I disabled it and haven't looked back.

Anyone using it and expecting accurate weather depiction, at this stage, is going to be disappointed. If you like to fly around with pretty clouds and don't care when and where they show up but they are pretty - by all means enable TS.

But at this point, complaining about it will accomplish nothing, LM knows it's beta and is a work in progress. First they need to get v5 cleanedx up and then they can work on the bells and whistles.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

It's merely a demo of what might be possible down the road.

I'd have to take issue on that one point, Vic. In my opinion, it is a thorough implementation of trueSky and replaces all the atmospherics that are present in the non-EA mode in P3d5. There are a few settings  (like the size of the sun, size of the precipitation regions, etc.) that need fixing, but most of the improvements will likely to be made by LM before any third parties get additional access. There aren't very many more improvements that could be added, though. There could be more cloud layers allowed and there could be a better simulation of how wind, humidity, temperature and affect type. 

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

I have posted this already in this thread but comments describing scenarios where no clouds are visible keep popping up here so I'll repost this in case this is the same issue.

There is a bug in v5 with Enhanced Atmospherics in that sometimes clouds won't load after the scenario is launched. Instead you're sitting at your location with a clear sky. To make the clouds appear you can go into the weather menu and simply reload any kind of weather (I don't think you actually need to change anything) and the clouds will appear. It's a matter of a few seconds to do this. Now start ASP3D and let it inject weather. I've found if you launch AS prior to sim launch it won't inject any weather.

If you took off with no clouds but they appeared later, it might be that ASP3D has updated the weather at that point so the weather conditions in the sim were reset and also the clouds 'reset'.

Thank you

• Like 1

Sergio Naiberg

29 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I'd have to take issue on that one point, Vic. In my opinion, it is a thorough implementation of trueSky and replaces all the atmospherics that are present in the non-EA mode in P3d5. There are a few settings  (like the size of the sun, size of the precipitation regions, etc.) that need fixing, but most of the improvements will likely to be made by LM before any third parties get additional access. There aren't very many more improvements that could be added, though. There could be more cloud layers allowed and there could be a better simulation of how wind, humidity, temperature and affect type. 

I hope later implementations of trueSky include some variation in cloud type along with more layers. So far, IMHO, there's a sameness to the cloud cover that varies only in extent, rather than type and vertical depth. What's there now looks great, but over time and in response to weather conditions, there should be more variation.

Edited by RudiJG1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

TS is a beta implementation by LM. There is NO sdk or api for anyone to take advantage of it. It's merely a demo of what might be possible down the road. AS can take a shot at improving it but there are no guarantees , it's shooting blind. After a few flights I thought it has good potential but I disabled it and haven't looked back.

Anyone using it and expecting accurate weather depiction, at this stage, is going to be disappointed. If you like to fly around with pretty clouds and don't care when and where they show up but they are pretty - by all means enable TS.

But at this point, complaining about it will accomplish nothing, LM knows it's beta and is a work in progress. First they need to get v5 cleanedx up and then they can work on the bells and whistles.

Vic

I like truesky but it definitely looks like something for the future. Once Rex make their stuff V5 compatible I'll probably switch back until truesky evolves to its potential.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

There could be more cloud layers allowed

You can add as many cloud layers as you want. The limitation is that it only allows one precipitation layer.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

19 minutes ago, threegreen said:

You can add as many cloud layers as you want. The limitation is that it only allows one precipitation layer.

Ok. I did a quick test. I can add whatever numbers of cloud layers in the user interface, but the cloud layer are not depicted. Obviously, with the v5 weather engine legacy system, I can see these multiple layers of cloud.

I suspect Hifisim has run more cerdible tests and benchmark than I can. Page 24 of the Beta Active Sky P3D

n4tSpd9.png

No misunderstanding, I love Enhanced Mode in P3Dv5 during certain weather conditions. For example, in California with high floor cloud, CAVOK condition, the ambiance is unbelievable. But for some cloudy and rainy condition like in the west of France, I'm not confident in what P3Dv5 is able to generate.

Edited by vbazillio
  • Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio