Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

Finally, in bext 24h it will be available. Looking forward so much!

https://hifisimtech.com/asp3d-announced/

Key points (in my words, from the link above) -

It's free update from ASP4 - but for a limited time - so download and register as soon as you can. The beta schedule is expected to last 2 - 3 weeks but this could change, so let's see.

Will work for both EA (Enhanced Atmospherics) and 'standard mode' weather. ASCA will continue to work in the standard wx mode but of course no ASCA for EA mode as its a different rendering technology. I expect HiFi will develop the truesky injection as the product matures, as they have done with all previous products, much to all our appreciation.

No mention of the high-level wind chaos we currently experience in v5. Only known issue mentioned is a rare color corruption of nearest cloud sprite, and have notified LM about that.

Edited by daelight
  • Like 5

Its free for ASP4 wow.

Now my favorite thing - "New P3D add-on folder specification/design, with everything installed outside of the P3D folders – Includes ASCA support (with SP3 Update)"

yay - Outside P3D root....woot woot.  My quest to have everything outside sim root gets even better - I am looking at your PMDG & Flightbeam (you guys need to do outside installs).

Super excited about the news....Thank you for sharing

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yes, this looks really good. Hopefully one nice tidy install to use whilst both v4.5 and v5 are installed. 
I note applying the recent HF3 to v4.5 is listed as a system requirement. 

Ian S

38.jpg

22 minutes ago, daelight said:

No mention of the high-level wind chaos we currently experience in v5.

I haven't had anything such as that, but i did read a lot of people have it, maybe caused by some unsupported addons?

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I don't see much about improving the core weather engine, except that one statement towards the end. One thing I would like to see is redesigned GUI - the current looks dreadful and looks like it was designed in 2003 or something like that.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't see much about improving the core weather engine, except that one statement towards the end. One thing I would like to see is redesigned GUI - the current looks dreadful and looks like it was designed in 2003 or something like that.

OK, Mr Negative, they have given us free support for a new sim, supported a radically different weather engine (TrueSky), changed the install location to meet P3D specifications and are planning on continuing to roll out new features, But you are still not happy??

• Like 22
  • Upvote 7

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

• Major enhancements to the data network, weather synthesis, interpolation, and other core weather simulation and depiction technologies – now with much increased performance, stability and availability
  • Includes the most advanced version of our award-winning core weather engine and weather data services, being refined now for over 20 years

That not sufficient? Its a free upgrade.  Sounds like Truesky and EA will be a rather difficult animal to approach with no SDK for it. 

Sounds promising and look forward to it though

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

• Wind smoothing redesigned for higher frequency force actuation and organic feel

Does this address the upper wind issue?  They have not specifically mentioned the upper wind layer shifts as being a residual problem, so I guess they have addressed it.

7 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Does this address the upper wind issue?  They have not specifically mentioned the upper wind layer shifts as being a residual problem, so I guess they have addressed it.

I reported this issue to LM developers anyway.. 

S.

• Like 4

I have just woke up and this topic made my day!!!

• Like 1

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

WOW, nice, looking forward to it

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

I suspect even with all of the TrueSky beta issues, it'll still be a pretty awesome experience in a sky that looks like a sky.  I'm willing to accept the anomalies they have mentioned until they get addressed by LM/Simul collaboration.    As long as the aircraft doesn't do anything ridiculous in cruise, I can live with it for now.

Very excited to finally be getting this.  Now just need to wait for that 747 from PMDG.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's now 'organic'  weather.    Do try and keep up. 😉

What you don't like buzzwords??? 

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I suspect even with all of the TrueSky beta issues, it'll still be a pretty awesome experience in a sky that looks like a sky.  I'm willing to accept the anomalies they have mentioned until they get addressed by LM/Simul collaboration.

The anomalies only occurs with TrueSky disabled... so it should not affect you..

I got a Beta invite this morning from HiFi.. so I will be testing all these stuff this weekend..

S.

• Like 5

TrueSky strongly squanders FPS. (25-30%) Is it for everyone?

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider