Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

2 minutes ago, simtom said:

Seems like they used this thread as inspiration?

Yeah, seems like they compiled some of the posts in that thread, but the full quote did not exist. They've done an admirable job at adapting the tone of a typical AVSIM user.

• Like 7

Haha yeah, I love it how they engage with the community.

• Like 5

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Yeah, seems like they compiled some of the posts in that thread, but the full quote did not exist. They've done an admirable job at adapting the tone of a typical AVSIM user.

I love that they have a sense of humour, they obviously realise most of us on the MSFS thread are just trying to have bit of fun.😀

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

That second video, with the C152 is just amazing (not for the pilot's skills).

• Like 3

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Ho-hum... Still seeing enormous trees everywhere (look at the first shot in this thread - the c172). 

Edited by MatthewS
removed the "hipster intern" remark.
  • Like 1

Matthew S

They are focusing on implementing bear catching the salmon leaping up the river rapids right now. The undulations and trees shall come later.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Ho-hum... Still seeing enormous trees everywhere (look at the first shot in this thread - the c172).  Is the QA led by some 20yo hipster intern who's thinking "kool"? 👎

3 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

2) Do you understand the world is populated with normal sized trees, and that the Jurassic era monstrosities we are seeing, especially in that first c172 shot above (and others) are the exception not the rule?

Maybe you missed it, but there hasn't been an update since April 17th. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

16 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

They refuse to engage with the community here on AVSIM

Not directly no, but they've quoted users from here on the site and answered whatever the text is.

I don't think I've ever seen you say a single positive thing about this sim.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Your point? Everyone just shut-up until there's no point complaining anyway because the next update is already out?

So lets see if in the next update they have addressed the tree size issue, which I doubt, because there's nothing about it in the feedback snapshot and presumably the Alpha testers think there's nothing wrong with the tree size.

It's your attitude that people don't like.  

• Like 11
  • Upvote 7

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Will you still purchase MSFS if they don't change the size of the trees? Just curious.

• Upvote 1

103903.png

@ChaoticBeauty

Thanks!!

📌📌📌

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't think I've ever seen you say a single positive thing about this sim.

I like EVERYTHING about the sim, except for the lack of undulating runways and treesize issues.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Nielsen said:

It's your attitude that people don't like. 

There's nothing about treesize in the snapshot, it seems a logical conclusion that they are not addressing treesize.

7 minutes ago, Kgbow said:

Will you still purchase MSFS if they don't change the size of the trees? Just curious.

Yes of course I'll still purchase it... but I'll turn off the trees if they look ridiculous

• Like 2

Matthew S

Fair enough Matthew. 

Well, I for one am AMAZED at those screen shots and videos. Id buy it now. No question. In terms of visuals theres nothing on the market currently that even comes close to this! So even for a Screenshot simulator its worth it in my opinion haha.

Heres to the BETA! Crimbo release anyone?! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

103903.png